Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 01:56 PM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillG View Post

Any body starting to rethink virus advice

. . .

Nope ... at least not here in BC.

The advice and direction we're getting from the B.C. Health Minister and others (Dr. Bonnie Henry, etc.) is pretty much 'Spot-On'.
And best of all ... It's Working

Of Canada's four largest provinces, BC is at the head of the pack in getting through this COVID-19 Pandemic, with Alberta in 2nd.
Sadly, Quebec & Ontario have a Long Way to go, to catch up.

Selkirk
Old 04-29-2020, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post
If your trying to go to work then your a frontline worker,then I said in post 168 that it's another story for those who need to go back to work.

OVER and out.

JD
!!!I totally respect that answer!!!
Old 04-29-2020, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selkirk View Post

The advice and direction we're getting from the B.C. Health Minister and others (Dr. Bonnie Henry, etc.) is pretty much 'Spot-On'.

Of Canada's four largest provinces, BC is at the head of the pack in getting through this COVID-19 Pandemic, with Alberta in 2nd.

Selkirk
And strangely they are all doing effectively the same thing. So apparently it works some places and not others, or there are other factors at play.

For example NY and NJ comprise more than 1/2 of the US confirmed cases and deaths. No one would argue that they are taking liberties with a lock down, some states have similar very tight restrictions and others have looser restrictions.
Old 04-29-2020, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morinj View Post
!!!I totally respect that answer!!!
That's what meant all along,if some pecker on your sight wants to party at night or take hookers home at night or a thousand different scenarios ,the pecker doesn't have the right to get you sick and then run to hospital.

Frontline workers and hospitals are 2 different deals in many ways during this pandemic.

If it didn't come out right so be it,but there are some who plainly do not care for others, it's that simple.

JD
Old 04-29-2020, 02:15 PM

It’s too bad that it’s led to this, it’s all a big bicker, and the fact is that everyone here no matter if you agree with one or the other, is a good person, and intelligent, I guess a month + being stuck in our houses is creating quite the separation, I’ve been involved in other threads with most of you guys and quite enjoy it and the advice, and knowledge I’ve accumulated from you guys is much appreciated, and I apologize if I have come of as condescending, this is not my intent!
Old 04-29-2020, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd848 View Post
that's what meant all along,if some pecker on your sight wants to party at night or take hookers home at night or a thousand different scenarios ,the pecker doesn't have the right to get you sick and then run to hospital.

Frontline workers and hospitals are 2 different deals in many ways during this pandemic.

If it didn't come out right so be it,but there are some who plainly do not care for others, it's that simple.

Jd
%100
Old 04-29-2020, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Well, if you aren't a frontline worker or essential service, stay home, wash your hands a lot, don't touch your face, and avoid all social contact.

Now that's not so hard, is it....? To quote an earlier post.
Fixed it for ya 😏
Old 04-29-2020, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
And strangely they are all doing effectively the same thing. So apparently it works some places and not others, or there are other factors at play.

For example NY and NJ comprise more than 1/2 of the US confirmed cases and deaths. No one would argue that they are taking liberties with a lock down, some states have similar very tight restrictions and others have looser restrictions.
I have been watching and comparing Alberta to Quebec, because their population is roughly double ours, and the Math is easy. You're right, we are doing much better than them.

My friend n health care attributes it to the fact we were social distancing earlier. He claims we are two weeks ahead of them.
Old 04-29-2020, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlandliver View Post
Fixed it for ya 😏
You call the snitch line yet, maybe saw your neighbors walking with their kids?

You stay home and be safe.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 04-29-2020, 03:38 PM
Banned

I have an interesting observation, make of it what you will.

People on one side of this say “me” a lot and people on the other side say “we” a lot.
Old 04-29-2020, 03:49 PM

Quote:
You call the snitch line yet, maybe saw your neighbors walking with their kids?

You stay home and be safe.
Not me brother, I’m working.
No need to be a dick.
You be safe as well.

Last edited by Flatlandliver; 04-29-2020 at 03:54 PM.
Old 04-29-2020, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetwaiter View Post

People on one side of this say “me” a lot and people on the other side say “we” a lot.

Interesting so what is your theory on those that use neither “we” or “me”?
Old 04-29-2020, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Not me brother, I’m working.
No need to be a dick.
You be safe as well.
Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you were the one being a dick by 'fixing it for me' ie twisting my words to make your point. You could see where I might get that impression?

Good at least that you are working, you must be Essential. Too bad for all those who aren't and are facing financial ruin. I'm not one of those, thankfully.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 04-29-2020, 04:39 PM

Quote:

I definitely place priority on the free will and agency of the individual over the collective, or state. Don't expect me to apologize. Mao and Stalin didn't apologize either.

The only difference is millions died because of their ideology. Nobody has died because of my actions.

Old 04-29-2020, 05:33 PM

Quote:

Eastern vs Western mentality.
Old 04-29-2020, 05:50 PM

The dramatic divas on this site....? Get in your basement and stay there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2020, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gade81 View Post
The dramatic divas on this site....? Get in your basement and stay there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thomas Sowell
Old 04-29-2020, 06:07 PM

Thank you for your response KegRiver I to know I have no reason for fear.

To all of you buying in have you guys done the math on cases of covid compared to Canadian population. Now if you believe what all the officials are telling you that is your right. Do you also believe these same officials when they tell us gun control will save lives and make us safer. These officials are the same groups as you may remember many doctors are pushing for gun control. There for we have to believe what we are told and should obey what ever we are told right. Or is there a time to be a sheep and follow blindly along and a time not to. Remember it is the same people giving us the advice so it must be true right. Now also remember they make just as strong a case for gun control as they do for covid 19 restraints. That said I would assume then that they are right on both cases. With this said I am assuming you guys are against gun control. Then again maybe you believe that assult rifles and pistols should be banned to save the public from a out break of gun violence that would spread out of control. Just some thing to think about while you are listening to our all knowing officials who would not lie to us.
Old 04-29-2020, 06:10 PM

Forgot to say thanks to Twisted Canuk you are a breath of fresh air to this discusion
Old 04-29-2020, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Thank you for your response KegRiver I to know I have no reason for fear.

To all of you buying in have you guys done the math on cases of covid compared to Canadian population. Now if you believe what all the officials are telling you that is your right. Do you also believe these same officials when they tell us gun control will save lives and make us safer. These officials are the same groups as you may remember many doctors are pushing for gun control. There for we have to believe what we are told and should obey what ever we are told right. Or is there a time to be a sheep and follow blindly along and a time not to. Remember it is the same people giving us the advice so it must be true right. Now also remember they make just as strong a case for gun control as they do for covid 19 restraints. That said I would assume then that they are right on both cases. With this said I am assuming you guys are against gun control. Then again maybe you believe that assult rifles and pistols should be banned to save the public from a out break of gun violence that would spread out of control. Just some thing to think about while you are listening to our all knowing officials who would not lie to us.
So...you are

Against vaccines
Don’t believe Covid19 is real
Don’t trust government
Grab your guns and be ready to fight
Government wants your guns.
Doctors are evil trying to warn of Covid19 becoase some don’t like assault rifles

For a relatively new member...you are certainly hitting many troll buttons...
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 04-29-2020, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selkirk View Post

Selkirk
Not sure about how BC is doing to be honest. Larger pop, fewer tests, higher mortality rate.

5.1 million population
2087 cases
109 deaths (5.2%)
83425 tests

Alberta

4.4 million
5165 cases
87 deaths (1.68%)
136,511 tests

http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/dise.../covid-19/data

https://covid19stats.alberta.ca/
Old 04-29-2020, 06:50 PM

I don’t believe that there was any implication that covid 19 doesn’t exist, and as far as trusting the government in these situations, you have to remember that this is all new to them, and maybe there’s a impression that they don’t quite know how to handle these situations, no hidden agendas (not to say that it is not possible), and the reality of it is that the government does in fact want our guns, just not all of them, and as for doctors, they aren’t a united front in this whole situation, many have very different opinions, it’s safe to say that this situation is FUBAR, nothing will be accomplished by arguing it, as wwbirds stated everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am more curious as to how everyone’s doing with their isolation then, their political thoughts!
Old 04-29-2020, 09:09 PM

Sundancefisher I had 1 flu vacination about 11 years ago and the hepatius vaccination so I could have my kidney transplant. I guess you could say I am not pro vaccine. I don't believe I have had any of the influenza strains over the last 11 years take it from that what you want. Am I non trusting of the government yes and yes very much so. If you trust them that is up to you. Do I believe they want all of our guns yes with out a doubt if you don't then you are in big trouble.

I started this thread because I do not believeCovid 19 is as bad as we are told every 5 minutes of the day. Do I believe it is real yes it is real. A health nurse told me one time that a doctor from Australia said at a confrence se was at that Canadians are to clean. He said that was why we had so many allergies and other health issues. Personaly I believe he was right.

Not sure why you figure I am a troll all I wanted to know was how others felt about our being locked down and if they thought it was the right thing. Apparently you do that is your opinion. Others such as my self may not agree with you that does not make us trolls. My self I believe as Canadians we have given up to many of our rights and should not be looking for ways to lose more. This crisis is going to end up with us losing more of our rights.

How many on here know how powerful our Alberta health act is. My family learned about 6 years ago how power the Health Authorities have. Their act states that they have the right to enter anybodies house they believe to contain a threat to the individual or the public. Think about that a sharp knife is a threat. As there is no description of the word threat only the way the authority sees it. Many of you are non bekievers so look up the Health Act and read it for your selves. Then come back and tell me how to trust the government and its employees.
Old 04-29-2020, 09:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
I definitely place priority on the free will and agency of the individual over the collective, or state. Don't expect me to apologize. Mao and Stalin didn't apologize either.

The only difference is millions died because of their ideology. Nobody has died because of my actions.
I wasn’t sure if it would be you or elkhunter that went there but tbh I was leaning towards elk, guess you beat him to it.

IMO it’s really dishonest to frame this discussion that way, real life happens in the grey areas and trying to make this out like a black and white decision is childish. It’s not an either or between Stalinism and the Lord of the Flies, there’s a reasonable middle ground and that’s where we live.

I’m guessing you accept some limits on your personal agency anyway. Do you run red lights just because you feel like it? If I want to get the ole money pit up to 200km/h on the highway by your house are you cool with that?

How is this specific situation different? Yeah I’m giving up some liberty but if doing so could improve our outcome then I’m cool with it. Same reason I’m not using your street to practice my heel and toe.
Old 04-29-2020, 09:29 PM

Quote:
I definitely place priority on the free will and agency of the individual over the collective, or state. Nobody has died because of my actions.
And hopefully that remains the case.

I see both sides of this, but we (my family) are being cautious so that we don't inadvertently pass it along to my elderly mom, neighbor or someone else - because, right or wrong, that wouldn't be fair to them due to my selfish actions of "letting er' buck" under the premise of my rights and freedoms ....

Even medical staff risking themselves and their families here need my help in this thing. So I will do my part the best I can.

you know what I mean - it's a double edged sword here.
Old 04-30-2020, 06:26 AM

https://thelogicofscience.com/2020/0...sanCI#comments

"If life is tough, it's time to get stronger!" - Joel Runyon (reminder to myself)
Old 04-30-2020, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Sundancefisher I had 1 flu vacination about 11 years ago and the hepatius vaccination so I could have my kidney transplant. I guess you could say I am not pro vaccine. I don't believe I have had any of the influenza strains over the last 11 years take it from that what you want. Am I non trusting of the government yes and yes very much so. If you trust them that is up to you. Do I believe they want all of our guns yes with out a doubt if you don't then you are in big trouble.

I started this thread because I do not believeCovid 19 is as bad as we are told every 5 minutes of the day. Do I believe it is real yes it is real. A health nurse told me one time that a doctor from Australia said at a confrence se was at that Canadians are to clean. He said that was why we had so many allergies and other health issues. Personaly I believe he was right.

Not sure why you figure I am a troll all I wanted to know was how others felt about our being locked down and if they thought it was the right thing. Apparently you do that is your opinion. Others such as my self may not agree with you that does not make us trolls. My self I believe as Canadians we have given up to many of our rights and should not be looking for ways to lose more. This crisis is going to end up with us losing more of our rights.

How many on here know how powerful our Alberta health act is. My family learned about 6 years ago how power the Health Authorities have. Their act states that they have the right to enter anybodies house they believe to contain a threat to the individual or the public. Think about that a sharp knife is a threat. As there is no description of the word threat only the way the authority sees it. Many of you are non bekievers so look up the Health Act and read it for your selves. Then come back and tell me how to trust the government and its employees.
Where is it in this world that you would have more freedom, liberty, safety or quality of life then here? Serious question. Idaho maybe.

What do you think the health act is for? So guys in cheap suits can break into your house?

The whole “too clean” bit has to do with resistance to bacteria not viruses. I would say our morbidity/mortality rate is a strong argument we are doing just fine.

Any idea what the infant mortality rate and lifespan was prior to vaccines?

Take your freedom/liberty argument a little farther, why have health care/police/government at all. Just go full Darwin and let er buck.

Nobody likes to be told what to do and there does need to be checks and balances to power. Here we call them elections.
Old 04-30-2020, 08:02 AM

Wow, what a moronic diatribe.
By the way, my brother died because of complications caused by getting the flu in March.
Old 04-30-2020, 08:14 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Wink

Quote:
Where is it in this world that you would have more freedom, liberty, safety or quality of life then here? Serious question. Idaho maybe.

What do you think the health act is for? So guys in cheap suits can break into your house?

The whole “too clean” bit has to do with resistance to bacteria not viruses. I would say our morbidity/mortality rate is a strong argument we are doing just fine.

Any idea what the infant mortality rate and lifespan was prior to vaccines?

Take your freedom/liberty argument a little farther, why have health care/police/government at all. Just go full Darwin and let er buck.

Nobody likes to be told what to do and there does need to be checks and balances to power. Here we call them elections.
well said....some just don't get it nor never will....it's not hard to see the people with the most negative to say have issues be it health, financial etc yet we all are Canadians sometimes dealt a bad hand but get by.....oh well cant please'em all.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 04-30-2020, 08:16 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvercreek View Post
Wow, what a moronic diatribe.
By the way, my brother died because of complications caused by getting the flu in March.
I believe it was another point of view...no more...no less.....sorry for your loss.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Closed Thread