Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-11-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingd View Post
"That woman" was the daughter of the police captain he blames for losing his job. Kind of blows your opinion on how he views them out of the water. He also called her dad and taunted him about her death. Some hero. Do you just instantly make an opinion or do you actually have any knowledge of what's really happening?
Do I have any knowledge of what's happening? You're the one who keeps focusing on the "he lost his job" thing when that's not his stated motive. You're also the one who thinks I believe he's a hero when I just said that he's coldblooded. Not to mention you're determined to believe whatever the LAPD says about him, even though they're the ones he accused of being corrupt.

You're the one with no sense of what's happening.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
A little touchy there. I'd say I've been pretty selective, simply arguing two of your statements on one thread. You mean to say that if I search more broadly I'll find more of your justifiable homicide lunacy? LOL

You're right, you've been very selective. Instead of looking at all my posts and understanding where I'm coming from, you are looking at a couple potentially ambiguous statements and badgering me about them. Even after I've tried my best to clarify the meaning! Are you that bored?

I seriously don't understand your need to argue with me..
Old 02-11-2013, 01:03 PM

So the LAPD made up that he lost his job and is shooting people? Its hard for me to take your opinion seriously when you don't even know who his victims are. Regardless of whether there is "corruption" or not in the LAPD does not matter. The corruption he is upset about is about the "he lost his job" thing. So ya it kinda matters a bit. That would be why "that woman" got killed. Her relationship to the officer he blames for the "he lost his job thing". That is from his facebook page. Not the LAPD. His own words. Do you see how it ties in now?
Old 02-11-2013, 01:12 PM

Quote:
So the LAPD made up that he lost his job and is shooting people? Its hard for me to take your opinion seriously when you don't even know who his victims are. Regardless of whether there is "corruption" or not in the LAPD does not matter. The corruption he is upset about is about the "he lost his job" thing. So ya it kinda matters a bit. That would be why "that woman" got killed. Her relationship to the officer he blames for the "he lost his job thing". That is from his facebook page. Not the LAPD. His own words. Do you see how it ties in now?
Gee he has a Facebook page? I'm gonna go friend him

Would you STOP already with the insinuation that I'm on his side? I'm on the side of PAYING ATTENTION. I know exactly who the guy's victims are, I've quoted it several times in this very thread! Is he beyond redemption? OH YES HE IS! Has he killed innocent people? YES! Is he totally bugshagging crazy? Not necessarily.

Contrary to the popular belief in this thread, you don't actually have to be out of your mind to kill people. You just have to believe in what you're doing. For that reason, I don't chock up his accusations against the LAPD as the rantings of a lunatic.

What would you have happen? Shoot the guy and then forget the whole thing? I for one would rather shoot the guy AND put a stop to corruption!
Old 02-11-2013, 01:15 PM

Quote:
I think the "lost his job" part was just the last straw. In his manifesto he says that the LAPD is a lying, racist organization that uses force against suspects excessively. It seems that he tried to change the force from within but was unable. Most people would move on, for some reason this guy snapped.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic_Cool View Post
Gee he has a Facebook page? I'm gonna go friend him

Would you STOP already with the insinuation that I'm on his side? I'm on the side of PAYING ATTENTION. I know exactly who the guy's victims are, I've quoted it several times in this very thread! Is he beyond redemption? OH YES HE IS! Has he killed innocent people? YES! Is he totally bugshagging crazy? Not necessarily.

Contrary to the popular belief in this thread, you don't actually have to be out of your mind to kill people. You just have to believe in what you're doing. For that reason, I don't chock up his accusations against the LAPD as the rantings of a lunatic.

What would you have happen? Shoot the guy and then forget the whole thing? I for one would rather shoot the guy AND put a stop to corruption!
They are investigating his firing again. Looking for signs of corruption. Already. To put a stop to it. Re opened the investigation. But you already knew that right? So I guess all that's left is to shoot him then?
Old 02-11-2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
A brief history of the Los Angeles Police Department:

Sex Extortion by 12 and 15yr veterans. Jan 2013, investigation ongoing

Assault beating restrained people, including women, to death

Fraud financial transparency policy causes dozens of cops to quit

These are just some recent ones. There is enough to fill a library.

Yes, let us not forget the Rampart Scandal. unprovoked shootings, unprovoked beatings, planting false evidense, framing suspects, stealing and drug dealing, perjury, rape, murder, robbery and so on, the extent of which will never be known

It's not like THIS was an isolated incident.

There should be rewards for those people identifying corruption and criminal behavior within the LAPD.

I certainly don't support Dorner, however, I can not in good conscience support a much more clear and significant threat.
Bee, it's not about supporting a clear threat. I asked a simple, straight forward question and you responded with links.

What do you believe the ratio to be of good cops versus bad cops? If you say that there's a tyranny there, that over fifty percent are the problem, you have a point. But you didn't. You brought out specific cases. Well, let's take a look:

Sex extortion - 2 officers
Assault - numerous under-investigation cases against about, we'll say 12 officers that had no resolution at the time of this story. So we'll throw in some more potential good officers who may have had complaints lodged against them by someone resisting arrest. That's never happened before.
Fraud - Dozens. Okay, how many is dozens? 24? 36? 48? How many quit simply because they didn't want to be forced to open their personal books as a requirement of their job? I wouldn't. I'd leave my job and i have nothing to hide. Let's assume 48 as "dozens". Split that as 24 who quit transferred back to patrol from the gang units because they had something to hide and another 24 who just flat out resented having someone paw through their personal life.
Rampart - 70 implicated but only 24 actually found to have committed wrong-doing. So 24 from 70 leaves us with 46. Because we're cynics, let's just assume that half of that 46 actually did the things they were accused of but got off and we're at 47 in this case.
Rodney king - four brought to trial, two acquited and two sent to jail.

2+12+24+47+2 = 87 officers. Out of how many? 9500. For a whopping 0.009% over a period of 22 years.

Now you and I both are aware that these numbers are estimates at best; That the bad apples may be spoiling the bunch. I'm not naive enough to believe that they represent the entire force nor are these all the cases either of us could muster. Let's just try and keep things in perspective. Calling a group of 9500 officers a corrupt tyranny over a proveable .009% doesn't make sense. Especially not when the links you provided claim the force has come a long way in changing their image and their use of force after court mandated changes; that groups that used to be singled out by the police are saying, "The efforts, undertaken under a federal court order, have yielded results: The city's crime rate is the lowest in four decades, and police are getting praise from communities, including minorities and gays, that had historically complained about mistreatment.

Stupidity is taxable and sometimes I get to be the collector.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
They are investigating his firing again. Looking for signs of corruption. Already. To put a stop to it. Re opened the investigation. But you already knew that right? So I guess all that's left is to shoot him then?
LOL. Yes I did know that. I guess everything is wrapped up in a package then huh?
Old 02-11-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic_Cool View Post
LOL. Yes I did know that. I guess everything is wrapped up in a package then huh?
Nah. He will have to shoot 4 or 5 more daughters then taunt their fathers before anyone REALLY gets his message.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Nah. He will have to shoot 4 or 5 more daughters then taunt their fathers before anyone REALLY gets his message.
Why don't you tell me? Post here next week if you're still thinking about this.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:56 PM

I don't take messages from murderous scumbags. Good luck though ha ha. Get that manifesto into a frame. Enjoy your day.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekanik View Post
tldr
I see how you manipulated those numbers to support your position.

I will do the same.

Assuming that there was 100 officers in the department where 87 were thought to be criminals.

That is 87%.

Assuming that the remaining 13% either ducked under the radar themselves (the smart 13%) or were well aware of the state of their department, we can suspect that they were criminals as well.

WRT the drug squad guys who walked off the job when they were required to expose their finances.....well, again, it appears as though an entire section was corrupt.

This is the definition of systemic corruption.

Of course you'll always have a few bad apples raping and pillaging the public (literally), but this is not extent of the issue.

Management can weed out the bad apples. When the whole barrel is rotten, it's because someone left it in the sun for too long.

Read about the LAPD and you will see that it is not a case of the statistical bad apples.

That is my opinion, though substantiated by history.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:06 PM

Default Another few questions

1: what is he using?
2: what (firearm, ect) is legal in cal?
3: what if it was your family would your view change?
4: has anyone thought to look onto the list of officers on duty when he *lost his job*?
5:has anyone tried to find the routes from his residence to the next officer on the list?
Old 02-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekanik View Post
"The efforts, undertaken under a federal court order, have yielded results: The city's crime rate is the lowest in four decades, and police are getting praise from communities, including minorities and gays, that had historically complained about mistreatment.[/URL]
gotta love police propaganda

LAPD harass gays

LAPD leaving it's systemic racism in the past or celebrating it?

Although it was the police who have said they are receiving praise, I can not find where any of these groups have publicly praised them.

If anything, they are thankful that the absolute abuses they were subjected to are less bad.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:09 PM

Old 02-11-2013, 02:10 PM

Your first two questions ar irrelevant. 3rd. his training officer. 4th. Do you think he's still at his residence? Why would the route matter? He's not there. I think they checked.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Collector View Post
4: has anyone thought to look onto the list of officers on duty when he *lost his job*?
5:has anyone tried to find the routes from his residence to the next officer on the list?
If you can answer all 5 you might qualify for the million bucks$$$
Old 02-11-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Collector View Post
Sorry I got your question order wrong.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
Originally Posted by Mekanik
tldr
Classy.

You still dodged the question posted. I took the information YOU provided and applied it to the total officers. Give me incomplete information and I'll give you incomplete numbers. General subjective words like "dozens" and what does that mean, bee? Two dozen at least. The media has never inflated numbers to make a story seem more important, have they?

You assume guilt where some officers might have an issue with being investigated by their bosses without due cause. I would. If my boss came to me and said that I needed to open my books to him just to make sure I wasn't skimming money, I'd direct him to my lawyer. You would to. I absolutely agree that some of those who "quit" (they actually DIDN'T according to your article, they went back to the regular force and out of the gang unit, but nice try there. Almost like the "propaganda" I supposedly posted) likely had something to hide. I suspect most of them had the same thoughts i do about it. If we require the police to respect the rules and boundaries of due process then it should be applied to them as well.

Your historical view is skewed based off of sensationalized incidents when taken the whole of their operations, the amount of officers involved, and the automatic prejudice many have towards any police force. That they have issues is without question and I do not doubt that there are many more that we do not know about. I just don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Stupidity is taxable and sometimes I get to be the collector.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:08 PM

Just checking in... Have we convicted the whole police force and nominated the shooter for sainthood yet????????????
Old 02-11-2013, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Just checking in... Have we convicted the whole police force and nominated the shooter for sainthood yet????????????
Actually he was elected Governor of Texas. The LAPD decided to trade places with the postal service for a few months. And the budding race riots were averted by watching Gran Torino.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Old 02-11-2013, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Exacry which shooter are you referring to?
Rumor has it there's about 9500 chances to win a new truck in LA simply by delivering newspapers.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:51 PM

I know at least one good thing the LAPD did. They inspired NWA to write a classic rap song.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehntr View Post
^^^^^^^^^^I can't aggree to this ^^^^^^^^^

[COLOR=black]Gen 2:17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat...

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Verdana]Good and evil.....as abstract concepts........co-exist in the world.. Evil is indeed real. It can be seen, it can be heard, it can be spoken.......it can be carried out. The fruit was eaten...men have the knowledge of what is good and what is evil..
Let's be fair though, someone somehow established a thing labelled "evil"..just like how man invented the killer bee,so to did someone craft said evil..more shocking is the big guy has tolerance for such/kills all mankind in a flood for said 'evil' yet not only allows serpent to carry on (even if in a cursed state)but keeps on renewing his 1000 year long leases,madness.

P.S. Also note that the big guy said
"In the day you eat of the tree.."
and not
"If you eat of the tree"
..someone had a prescribed agenda/His-tory.

Thought of day:
If God can stop Abraham from killing his son in a nano moment like he did,why not show up when Eve was about to chomp the great apple dumplin?Aw yes, i forgot, tests and testing bs beforeand established relationships with his newest creation of 'love?'/man.

Oh and where was the serpent hiding when god brought ALL the animals to Adam? The way Gen3:1 starts out is dam near comical,no details like the previous Gen1-2,just a desparate new unfolding story of "And now was.."

Last edited by tri777; 02-12-2013 at 10:24 AM.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:21 AM

^ who are you trying to convince? others, or yourself?
Old 02-12-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiantdi View Post
^ who are you trying to convince? others, or yourself?
It's a 'He who hath ears' thing..
Old 02-12-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri777 View Post
It's a 'He who hath ears' thing..
Unfortunately, many people don't investigate the Word for themselves, they read the opinions of others and assume that they know what they are talking about.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiantdi View Post
Unfortunately, many people don't investigate the Word for themselves, they read the opinions of others and assume that they know what they are talking about.
Interesting..so what your saying is the 99% of Christian's going to church currently must now have to investigate ALL formats/NIV/KJV etc released Bible's because as it sits, it's is much bs..
(i am saying all this to the people/JW's that come to my door saying "all is written by God/every word true.)
Old 02-12-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri777 View Post
Interesting..so what your saying is the 99% of Christian's going to church currently must now have to investigate ALL the formats of all released Bible's because as it sits, it's is much bs..
(i am saying all this to the people/JW's that come to my door saying "all is written by God/every word true.)
If you say it's BS, well then it must be! Thanks

Have a great day!