Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertadiver View Post
Basically three poachers (maybe 4) are using .22 semi's and a larger caliber rifle to shoot ducks and ducklings from their car and around the car. During this time, they're cheering, laughing, bragging, and having fun killing migratory birds.

Have a look at this article

http://www.ottawasun.com/news/canada...38826-sun.html

Also have a look at the pics on Page 7 of this thread posted by Big Bull
Thanks chief
Old 08-05-2009, 09:54 AM

I sent an email out with the link to the facebook page. By tomorrow every one in the plumbing industry in Alberta should have received that link. We'll catch them.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:05 AM

Default update

fish and wildlife have the video in sask. and alberta . The officer finally called me back . He was out of town . At least I know they have it and I am feeling better . thanks again to those who sent it , james m
Old 08-05-2009, 11:13 AM

Default Saskatoon Star Phoenix

REGINA — Saskatchewan and Alberta wildlife conservation officers are hunting for a group of unidentified gun-toting young men captured in a YouTube video illegally shooting ducklings and other protected migratory birds.

The video, which was posted on YouTube last week, has infuriated hunting and wildlife conservation groups in Western Canada, who reported the incident to the authorities.

“It doesn’t look like they have been out of the evolutionary tree very long. I can’t comprehend (their actions). When I watched, I was disgusted,” said Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation (SWF) executive director Darrell Crabbe.

“We go though very extensive hunter safety programs with youth and anyone who wants to take up hunting. The major issues, other than safety, that is slammed into them constantly is (hunter) ethics.

“These yahoos didn’t show any ethics at any level.”
Gary Provencher, a Ministry of Environment conservation officer, said the ministry has been investigating the incident since learning of the video on Thursday when someone phoned the Turn in a Poacher in Saskatchewan (TIPS) line to complain.

The person, who originally posted the video on YouTube, withdrew his registration with the site, but apparently someone else copied the footage and put it back up on the site, Provencher said, adding investigators have determined the incident occurred in Alberta.

“By looking at the background in the video footage of a person in the car shooting at a bird sitting on top of a sign, some sharp eyes in our department noticed that those signs are not Saskatchewan signs,” Provencher said. While the ministry is continuing its investigations, Alberta has taken the lead role in the investigation because it appears the incident originated there, he said.

Anyone with information is asked to call TIPS at 1-800-667-7561 or #5555 (on their mobile).

“We want to make sure everyone realizes that these guys are not hunting. What they are doing is going out and killing things for no reason,” Crabbe said.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerFinger View Post

Of all the takes from that disgusting vid, the one below has got to be the best for ID purposes ('Kudos' to Big Bull !).
Wherever this guy lives, I'm sure he's well known ... if for nothing else, for his looks alone -

Find 'Bucky' ^, and we find them all!

TF
Pass this photo ^ on to anyone you know in Alberta, or Sask.

Tell them that he and his Goon friends are 'WANTED' criminals.

TF
Old 08-05-2009, 12:48 PM

If anyone recognizes this sign, it would be a big help in narrowing down the location.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bull View Post
If anyone recognizes this sign, it would be a big help in narrowing down the location.
Wonder if it's a duck's unlimited sign, since it's on a pond etc? Kind of looks like some I've seen in the Innisfail area before.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:50 PM

I did some tracking on You Tube and came up with someone called Big DueceC

In one of his posted videos he has a friend featured called " J-Man..AKA TheDeclined2004....

Maybe we should track BigDueceC and find his little friend J-Man ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrazIcgF4wc
Old 08-05-2009, 03:56 PM

There should be a report on Global Edmonton tonight with "special" guest!
Old 08-05-2009, 03:59 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
would that be one of the mods from here?????...or?????...tell us more
Old 08-05-2009, 04:43 PM

Default Fowl Revenge

Picture this; Strip'em, tie'em, cover with honey and chicken feed. Insert into a large pen of hungry fowl. That should teach them that friends of a feather will stick together! A little vigilante justice before the folks in blue (or green) take over. Just my two cents
Old 08-05-2009, 05:15 PM

Not only should these fools be punished to the fullest extent of the law, but i would like to see them sterilized as well......
Old 08-05-2009, 05:33 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
it's actually coming up on Global National in the next few minutes...wonder if these worms can find a big enough rock to crawl under????....good on the AO guys and gals!!!!
Old 08-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Banned

It made Global National News tonight, (Calgary - channel 7 - 5:30)

It also made the Globe and Mail today, page 5.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Gone Hunting

If this exposure doesn't get these clowns????....that sign is eerily familiar....might take a different way to work tomorrow, MIGHT be a sign North of Brownfield by the Battle River
Old 08-05-2009, 06:02 PM

This is sickening.

I'm gonna do what I can to try and pinpoint these loser's home province.

Trying these usernames on Xbox Live, Games for Windows Live, PSN, Xfire, TS2...

People (and animals like this) like redundancy in their Usernames. I'm going to take advantage of that.

Posting results as they come.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:03 PM

My eldest son has now read through this entire thread. He's searching through his "sources" to see if he can turn up a location for any of these guys.

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by semajNESS View Post
This is sickening.

I'm gonna do what I can to try and pinpoint these loser's home province.

Trying these usernames on Xbox Live, Games for Windows Live, PSN, Xfire, TS2...

People (and animals like this) like redundancy in their Usernames. I'm going to take advantage of that.

Posting results as they come.
That would be my eldest son (the one who got the weight in the head)

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:04 PM

Was on Calgary CTV just a minute ago. Authorities now feel it's in Alberta due to the sign lead.

Also a fairly detailed article on Globalnews Edmonton here...

http://news.globaltv.com/technology/...624/story.html
Old 08-05-2009, 06:19 PM

Nothing on either the PlaystationNetwork or Xbox Live, but I've yet to check out the computer-based resources.

Of course, this is assuming that they like redundancy in their names.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:31 PM

Default More info

Digging around in youtube cache: http://bit.ly/11P5yn

Shax1101's page there has a postal code of L5R2J7, CA
Old 08-05-2009, 06:33 PM

Tremendous reporting! Excellent work folks, once again. The noose is getting tighter by the moment. My suspicion is that they will soon be turning themselves in once securing a good lawyer.

In order to afford a lawyer, one needs money. Without money, people will often sell stuff (especially if it is evidence that is going to be siezed anyway). Perhaps keeping an eye open for recent 'for sale' ads on that type of car and .22 may yield some further information.

Tree
Old 08-05-2009, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddyr2 View Post
Digging around in youtube cache: http://bit.ly/11P5yn

Shax1101's page there has a postal code of L5R2J7, CA
That's Mississauga.

Old 08-05-2009, 06:50 PM

Default Ontario

that Duece is as well, if you go to his homepage
look at his comments, he asks if anyone in Mississauga can hit him up, he is also 15 years old by his page as well.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:55 PM

Hmm. This is an interesting direction this has taken. When I was in high school back in BC there were a lot of guys who didn't use their front license plate, even though it was required: the cars looked better without the plates.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:44 PM

Keep in mind that there are alot of people who have come over from Ontario to Alberta. I'm glad that everyone is all over this! If only it was crows or magpies and this wouldn't be an issue.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:44 PM

Default Postal code

I've registered on websites before and had to give a postal code for registration. I usually just make one up, so it could be fake
Old 08-05-2009, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineman4 life View Post
I've registered on websites before and had to give a postal code for registration. I usually just make one up, so it could be fake
It could be fake. But there does seem to be a Mississauga connection for "thedeclined2004" as well.

Is there any date information in the video?

Old 08-05-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAisling View Post
It could be fake. But there does seem to be a Mississauga connection for "thedeclined2004" as well.

Is there any date information in the video?
"thedeclined2004" mentioned that he had been hanging out in Saskatchewan and Ontario. I got the impression that Ontario was his place of residence.
So, with this in mind, I think a search for the area somewhere around the Saskatchewan/Alberta border would be a good bet for locating these "dudes".
I am suprised that their identities have not come to light yet. With all the media attention not to mention all the internet traffic, not a hint of who they may be.
Perhaps a reward would be in order.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishpah View Post
"thedeclined2004" mentioned that he had been hanging out in Saskatchewan and Ontario. I got the impression that Ontario was his place of residence.
So, with this in mind, I think a search for the area somewhere around the Saskatchewan/Alberta border would be a good bet for locating these "dudes".
I am suprised that their identities have not come to light yet. With all the media attention not to mention all the internet traffic, not a hint of who they may be.
Perhaps a reward would be in order.
I have a feeling that law enforcement already knows who they are and are just waiting to get thier 'ducks in a row' so to speak so that when they arrest them, it is done properly and the charges stick. For all we know they are gathering evidence etc. Maybe they've found the pond and maybe the shootings were recent enough to collect the corpses for evidence. Maybe there's shell casings still that can be linked to ammo they still have in the car or at home... who knows.

I'm sure thier names will be public soon though.
Closed Thread