Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-22-2011, 07:17 AM

Default Red Deer area boat launches?

How area the boat launches in the Red Deer area this year? Suppose to be a nice new one at Sunbreaker Cove on Sylvan. Last year it was unuseable unless you had a 4X4. Liesure boat launch on Pine lake has always been good as the water level never changes much there. We always used Wilsons beach boat launch at Gull Lake untill last year when it became unuseable. Then we used the west boat launch at the PP as it was nice and deep unlike the east side which was full of sand. Pick up the new boat on Tuesday and I have the week off. May long idiots will be gone home and I can;t wait to get out there.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:11 AM

Was out at Gull on Friday and yeah, there's a reason I don't normally go May long. People with no courtesy I don't have patients for. At eberling, the east side launch by the pp, its not bad but make sure you go in as close to the dock that there's still cement you can. Its useless trying to go in any other way on that day use side. As far as sunbreaker, took a drive out there and seen the new launch but haven't seen what they did with the dock part yet as the lake wasn't open yet. That could be a very nice launch but depends on the docks. Ideally they should have two - one on each side as they have made it wide enough for that.

What's the new boat - congrats on that mind you!

Kris
Old 05-24-2011, 06:46 AM

Default boat launch conditions?

Any of you weekend warriors have any reports on the Red Deer area boat launches?