Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-16-2018, 08:29 PM

Default Grande Cache

When holiday time arrives you may be passing through Grande Cache.
Of course good fishing in the whole area, but what about in the town?
Ok go to pump house, at waters edge a nice grassy bank. You will need a small lead sinker with a small hole, put the cast from your spin rod through the hole and put on a small swivel, then attach about two feet of cast to the swivel and a small hook, and a nice fat worm, cast out. Then place the rod in a spiral rod holder, bring the line tight, relax in a chair. Whats going to surprise you most is the size of the trout, so better be prepared and bring a net.Yep trout fishing 101, remember only allowed 5.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteman View Post
When holiday time arrives you may be passing through Grande Cache.
Of course good fishing in the whole area, but what about in the town?
Ok go to pump house, at waters edge a nice grassy bank. You will need a small lead sinker with a small hole, put the cast from your spin rod through the hole and put on a small swivel, then attach about two feet of cast to the swivel and a small hook, and a nice fat worm, cast out. Then place the rod in a spiral rod holder, bring the line tight, relax in a chair. Whats going to surprise you most is the size of the trout, so better be prepared and bring a net.Yep trout fishing 101, remember only allowed 5.
I use to launch my boat by that spot. The town fenced that area off right from the old airport to the lake .
Old 02-19-2018, 09:37 AM

Default G c

Never tryed to get a boat in that area,good fishing dow the road in the main lake. They put a V gate in the fence for foot access,for sure they stock it every year,i see a lot of nice rainbows being caught there every time i go there.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteman View Post
Never tryed to get a boat in that area,good fishing dow the road in the main lake. They put a V gate in the fence for foot access,for sure they stock it every year,i see a lot of nice rainbows being caught there every time i go there.
I used to do a bit of fishing at Pierre Greys one time for the Brookies, never even thought of Grand Cache lake, looked to big.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.Doug larson. Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright.