Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 02-21-2010, 11:03 PM

Default Anyone own an Elite?

Just wondering if any of you guys are shooting an Elite Archery bow right now, and what you think of it. I am looking at setting up a couple of new bows this year, just trying to narrow it down a bit as for what to decide on. I want to set up one bow as more of my "open country" set up, something with a lot of speed to get out longer ranges but at the same time very shootable. I am really looking into the Elite Judge for this set up, I have heard and read great things about it so far.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heckler View Post
Just wondering if any of you guys are shooting an Elite Archery bow right now, and what you think of it. I am looking at setting up a couple of new bows this year, just trying to narrow it down a bit as for what to decide on. I want to set up one bow as more of my "open country" set up, something with a lot of speed to get out longer ranges but at the same time very shootable. I am really looking into the Elite Judge for this set up, I have heard and read great things about it so far.

Beware that their IBO speed ratings are off by quite abit. I currently have a GT500. Shots great, but at 30" draw length I am only getting 322fps @ 5 grains per pound. I have set the timing as recommended using a Hooter shooter. This is way off the IBO rating that is listed for this bow of 335+. As far as shootability it is a great shooter. Holds great, very quite and draws like a dream.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:24 PM

I shoot a GT500 and the XLR. Both awsome bows. We did run all the model through the chrony and found that the GT was about 5-8 fps slower than it was rated for. Still the bows are very fast, smooth drawing and excellent shooters. The warranty is amazing and unmatched by anyone else. You wont be sorry you got. For warranty info go to there web site, all the details are there.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:31 PM

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. Where did you guys buy yours?
Old 02-23-2010, 08:55 PM

Calgary Archery Center carries them. They dont have any judges yet, but they can order what ever you like. Also Elite is coming to the Mother of all shoots in Red Deer this weekend. So you can test all there bows there.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:29 PM

i bought a z28 last november and love it, at only 60# and 27 inch draw it shots them fairly quick, the exact ibo i have no clue, quiet, smooth, and a accurate shooter
Old 02-25-2010, 09:43 AM

I also shoot GT500 & XLR from Elite. Both bows are a dream to shoot! Unbelievable how easy they were to set up & shootin' tacks in no time! Speed is not super fast but shootability/accuracy is unmatched imo.