Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 02-26-2010, 07:18 PM

Default Your thoughts

Been considering a PSE x-force Omen, any comments or thoughts? Also I love speed, its just my thing..... Speed Kills!!
Old 02-26-2010, 08:52 PM

I am currently shooting an X-Force HF, I bought it new in late fall of 2007 so I have really only hunted two seasons with it. Its a nice bow, well made and its very accurate. Its very fast, even though I am not shooting it at peak weight right now I only use one pin out to 30 yards. At 40 yards its only about six inches low using that pin. The cams on the Omen look a bit different than the cams on mine, probably to give it a bit of a smoother draw but I haven't shot it so I don't exactly know. I have really enjoyed it so far, but I think this spring I am possibly going to get something different.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:28 PM
Banned

I'm shooting an x-force ss with the GX cams and I like it. I was shooting 311fps with my hunting arrows and they are about 365 grain, with a wisker biscuit. I just put on a drop away rest so I should get around 315-325fps. I've heard people were getting 9-15fps by going to the drop away. It's just as fast as my mathews reezen was only it seems to be easier to get tight groups with. Once I shoot it through the cronograph I'll post the difference in speed.

29 inch draw 70#
Old 02-28-2010, 12:16 AM

Well I picked up my new bow today from CAC, Craig did a great job setting it up. 66# @ 28" = 336 fps, 332.5 grains. this bow will definitly need time to get used to, 5.2" is not very forgiving, and the initial muscle needed to get over the cams, but super smooth, and very fast. I will need to do final tuning in a few weeks. So far worth every penny!!!
Old 03-01-2010, 09:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolf View Post
Well I picked up my new bow today from CAC, Craig did a great job setting it up. 66# @ 28" = 336 fps, 332.5 grains. this bow will definitly need time to get used to, 5.2" is not very forgiving, and the initial muscle needed to get over the cams, but super smooth, and very fast. I will need to do final tuning in a few weeks. So far worth every penny!!!
x2 you will love it!
Old 03-01-2010, 10:08 AM

Been shooting all day yesterday, 20 yards, 30 yards, all the same pin, 40 yards a couple inches low. half my arrow is in the target, really need to lubricate arrows or very, very, very, hard to pull out. Exteemly happy
Old 03-01-2010, 12:05 PM

Default X force

Just picked up a 2010 XFORCE AXE and Sherwood Park Archery, had it set up there. They are really good guys there, extremely happy with purchase, set at 28'' Draw, 65LBS. After they tuned it I was shooting about 1'' groups at 20 yards, super quite and pretty fast. Can't wait to shoot more.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
Just picked up a 2010 XFORCE AXE and Sherwood Park Archery, had it set up there. They are really good guys there, extremely happy with purchase, set at 28'' Draw, 65LBS. After they tuned it I was shooting about 1'' groups at 20 yards, super quite and pretty fast. Can't wait to shoot more.
I'm very impressed with all the Xforce bows