Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-30-2012, 12:19 AM
Gone Hunting

More innuendo and no substance. Excelllent. BTW it is your complaint , you explain it, why would i waste my time on a wild goose chase.

Duffy is there any committee or group anywhere that doesn't have some things that are debatable?

I see a some people doing a lot of hard work to make things better, and I see some sour gripes here.

If you think they are doing too much then get off your assets and take some of the load.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 01-30-2012, 10:37 AM

I'll happily pay $30 extra for the privelage of public wildlife access, as opposed to living in a place with largely privatised and heavily gentrified wildlife. For less than, say $200 a year, a person is legally entitled to hutn a few different head of big big game and birds....$200 a YEAR! MANY hunters on the planet can only dream about that.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:07 PM

While it has its defiencies as does almost any gov't program, it seems that our system is a little more advanced than some others. The Win gives an overall picture of who is participating on both sides of the resource, fishing and hunting.
The wildlife certificate is a fee that is "hidden" many other places where you buy licences, or simply called something else and combined into the licence.
Same with the bowhunting permit and bird tag.
I'd tend to believe we may have more accurate info on the spread of the various hunter interests than a lot of jurisdictions.
Whether or not it's used properly may be another question.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
I guess a lot of folks are not old enough to know what a wildlife certificate is.

It was a small booklet which you stuck your applicaple licences in once you bought them.
Thanks for that... like I said, there was no such thing in SK when I last bought a licence so it had me curious.

Quote:
Now with IBM in the mix, the Certificate which is also your resource development portion of your licence fees (ACA/ Wise etc)
Anybody know what the portion of these fees go to IBM vs ACA? Schedule 8 of the Wildlife Regulation only list what goes to the Alberta Government as general revenues (for a Wildlife Certificate that is $0.00) and the ACA annual report shows how much of their revenue comes from license fees but doesn't tell us how much of the fees we pay go to them.

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
HMMMM? I always had to buy a hunting license in Ontario. Just a different name for the same cat.
At least we don't have to put in 14 guys for one moose draw permit.
I miss Ontario
That is 14 guys, only if you were in Pool A. Pool B you needed a whole platon and the luck of the Irish.

Thank God I we don't need to deal with that garbage anymore, unless of course SRD hires some Eastern Canadian consultants.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:51 PM

sorry to bring up an old thread.

do i need to buy the $30 wildlife cert to be able to buy tags for this upcoming hunting season?

thanks.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post
sorry to bring up an old thread.

do i need to buy the $30 wildlife cert to be able to buy tags for this upcoming hunting season?

thanks.
Yes.

LC
Old 04-10-2014, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Yes.

LC
perfect. always can rely on you
Old 04-10-2014, 09:06 PM

Ok you have your WC now where do you get the individual tags you need, sounds like you can't buy them online, you get them somewhere else and enter the tag#. Where do you get the tags, CT?
Old 04-10-2014, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey Boy View Post
Ok you have your WC now where do you get the individual tags you need, sounds like you can't buy them online, you get them somewhere else and enter the tag#. Where do you get the tags, CT?
You can still just buy them as you always have at any vendor, no need to using albertarelm, if you don't want to.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Same place you got them before....

LC
Old 04-10-2014, 09:56 PM

It's been far too many years since I was hunting so thought that maybe one got the tags elsewhere. So CT is good.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:17 PM

Quote:
It's been far too many years since I was hunting so thought that maybe one got the tags elsewhere. So CT is good.
Yes any place that sells the licenses will have the tags to Provide. Make sure you get your tags before you leave the store you bought your license at!

LC
Old 04-11-2014, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanmc View Post
Almost thirty bucks, its 28.22. It helps pay for the guys flying around in helicopters counting game. And the guys that enforce the regs. I have no problems with that.
X2, better than having no enforcement to keep the poachers down to a minimum. And they need to count game to set limits to preserve wildlife! Its not rocket science people!

Fish of 2014-

Yellow Perch-22
Lake Whitefish-7
Pike-19
Walleye-63
Burbot-7
Old 04-12-2014, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
I guess a lot of folks are not old enough to know what a wildlife certificate is.

It was a small booklet which you stuck your applicaple licences in once you bought them.

Now with IBM in the mix, the Certificate which is also your resource development portion of your licence fees (ACA/ Wise etc)

Su
I remember those days carrying that 6" booklet along. But in those days you only had to go to Canadian or Fish & Wildlife & buy the tags. No hunter training course in the early 80's. I kept those booklets to prove I hunted. However the only deer you could shoot were WT bucks or Mule deer bucks (no does until Nov. 1st). I guess that is why I was never a trophy hunter. I wanted the food.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:24 AM

Reminds me of fishing with my Dad in Texas when I was probably about 6. We got stopped by some fish cops. We were with friends and my Dad wasn't fishing. Didn't have a license, although the friends we were with was did. He wasn't fishing. I was under the age limit and was. He took the oppurtunity to ask about the legalities of helping me reel in a fish, etc. After they left, I asked why they'd stopped us. Then I asked why we needed a license. Him being an even greater libertarian than myself, replied "it's to pay for the boats they drive to check on us." I was incredibly confused by the obvious circular logic and only really understood the point he was making years later.

Not opposing the wildlife certificate charge,I just think it's funny how these things appear to naive minds.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanmc View Post
Almost thirty bucks, its 28.22. It helps pay for the guys flying around in helicopters counting game. And the guys that enforce the regs. I have no problems with that.
Dang, I guess the 8$ for a Conservation license and 2$ for the HAEF isn't all that bad down here in MT. Although the HAEF is only for hunting license's. The Conservation license applies to fishing and hunting licenses. Thankfully you only need to purchase it once for either or both! Although knowing what 3 of my buddies who are FWP Wardens put up with, I don't mind spending a bit extra to help support them. They sure get the short end of the stick in that job when it comes to pay and equipment!