Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 04-18-2014, 11:01 PM

Great find! Deer looks like he has the same genetics as the Zaft buck with the high tines he's sporting.That is what the rack reminds me of... Maybe he was hit by a vehicle during the rut.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H380 View Post
nice find for sure . On a found dead set like that , do you have to get the permit first before you take them home ?
I don't know why some people are getting all twisted up and saying they won't post pics anymore, I am pretty sure this was a legit question. He even said it was a nice find, for those who think he was wrong for asking I would say you need some thicker skin, that's a sweet deer to bad he is dead.
Old 04-19-2014, 02:25 PM

Nice Buck!! Found 2 Deadheads this year already. 1 died in fall and the other a few years ago.

I dont even question the integrity of another fellow Hunter on this forum. EVERYONE Should know the Law.
I always go get a permit as soon as I find something i want . And im not a prosecuter judge or lawyer. So i assume if your posting a picture on this forum, then Youve followed the law.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preux86 View Post
Nice Buck!! Found 2 Deadheads this year already. 1 died in fall and the other a few years ago.

I dont even question the integrity of another fellow Hunter on this forum. EVERYONE Should know the Law.
I always go get a permit as soon as I find something i want . And im not a prosecuter judge or lawyer. So i assume if your posting a picture on this forum, then Youve followed the law.
Exactly, thanks Preux86. In case there is any uncertainty here with found dead deer...Anything with a skull cap needs a found dead permit, it needs to be reported within 24 hours of finding or the soonest possible time....example....you found a skull today, you would be 100% legit to take it home and get a found dead permit on Tuesday, being the long weekend and offices closed.
I still find it unbelievable though, the amount of negative feedback a guy gets for posting pics of a cool deer online, im not talking about here....but everywhere, it seems its tough for some guys to just say, awesome nice deer. Maybe its just me...the Alberta sportsmen mentality has sure changed from what it once was.