Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-09-2007, 12:14 AM
Slow Weekend at Pearless

Default Slow Weekend at Pearless

Went up to Pearless for the day, lots of snow left on the lake. With a 25 km/h wind made the -5 feel like -20 so needless to say the fishing wasn't too much fun. We landed a monster ling at least 12 pounds, as for lakers I seen one on the camera swim up to my hook and just look at it. Fished 30-45 feet of water, thinking about heading back out there this weekend. Anyone else out there with better luck then us?

~Hunting Kid
Old 04-09-2007, 01:26 PM
bigkid67

Where did you go on the lake? Did you walk on our drive.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:32 PM
huntercam

Have not been there yet but maybe going Saturday where were you fishing what were you using that the laker did not want? Can you drive on the lake? if not would a 4x4 quad get on?

Thanks for the info
Cam
Old 04-09-2007, 10:46 PM
Hunting Kid

Default Pearless

We took the sled on the lake probly at least a foot of hard packed snow on the lake, We left from the camp ground south of the town which had alot of snow in it. A quad might have a little trouble getting onto the lake but once on there you would be fine. There was no way to drive on the lake as there is a 4 foot drift of snow as you come on the lake. We fished directly across the lake as someone said in a post earlier. I'm not sure if it was the exact right spot, but I had a large white jig on and the laker was definatly interested in the hook but never wanted to take it. If you take a quad becarefull of flood water, we hit a patch about 10 feet long never slow down to see how deep it was tho . There was also some other people out there that tryed the large point south of the lanch as well as the hump straight across and slightly south of the boat lanch. They also didn't have any luck. Good luck if you go and maybe I'll see you out there on saturday.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:01 PM
huntercam

Default Re: Pearless

Thanks for the info hunting kid we are thinking of heading out where are you from?
Old 04-10-2007, 07:52 AM
gunslinger

Default ling

them ling are huge in peerless eh hunting kid, wathcing them things come in on the water cam is quite a site.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:39 PM
huntercam

Default Re: ling

Anyone heading out this weekend here that the ice is still good?