Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 02:10 PM

--

Last edited by mszomola; 02-11-2016 at 02:37 PM.
Old 02-11-2016, 02:36 PM

Just to throw you a curveball. I know of several lakes in Alberta which unnamed individuals from the last ( 4 years ) on this forum have bucketed and brought large and smallmouth from BC lakes into Alberta lakes.

1. I'm sure you know the lakes because it was a complete disaster, the bass took over the lakes and now all the trout are gone. Can you guess which one ?

NOPE !!! you can't because the non native alberta theory is badly flawed. In fact none of the bass dropped in these lakes were ever caught or seen again ( again unnamed individuals who DID place bass in certain lakes in their proximity in southern and central Alberta )

2. Lakes like Invermere, Skaha, Ossoyoos, Christina BC carry introduced Bass, in fact every BC lake with them was introduced. Did this species devastate trout populations ? Is Skaha and Ossoyoos a bass only lake ?

NOPE, those lakes exists as they did before with no impact on the other species. The species co-exists with no damaging effects other then some bass are stunted in size and take longer to get big.

Therefore even if you went on a bucket brigade ( which really is a racist way of identifying asains fishing because i know theres that bit of redneck in all albertans ) Your case in invasive non-native species is defunct.

If your own Natural Resources dumped bass into alberta lakes many moons ago. Means they made the effort, it was likely expensive and it didn't work. Its not the type of project you want to repeat. and it has nothing to do with non native.

Discussion OVER
Old 02-11-2016, 03:31 PM

This discussion was OVER 4 years ago... But thanks for coming out...
Old 02-11-2016, 05:18 PM

What the?

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:19 PM

Please tell all.

If you know of lakes that have had bass intorduced, please report it!!!!!!!

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:31 PM

Oh great another bass hole thread revived.
Sit back
Pour yourself a tea

Watch us "sportsmen" attack each other and destroy ourselves from within.

From road hunters vs "real hunters" to bowhunters vs rifle hunters, long bows and recurves vs compound user to bow vs crossbow to white hunters vs Native hunters etc etc etc

Enjoy the easy ride, anti hunters. Strange to me why we seem to be doing your job for you.

Excuse me while I go puke.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mszomola View Post
Just to throw you a curveball. I know of several lakes in Alberta which unnamed individuals from the last ( 4 years ) on this forum have bucketed and brought large and smallmouth from BC lakes into Alberta lakes.

1. I'm sure you know the lakes because it was a complete disaster, the bass took over the lakes and now all the trout are gone. Can you guess which one ?

NOPE !!! you can't because the non native alberta theory is badly flawed. In fact none of the bass dropped in these lakes were ever caught or seen again ( again unnamed individuals who DID place bass in certain lakes in their proximity in southern and central Alberta )

2. Lakes like Invermere, Skaha, Ossoyoos, Christina BC carry introduced Bass, in fact every BC lake with them was introduced. Did this species devastate trout populations ? Is Skaha and Ossoyoos a bass only lake ?

NOPE, those lakes exists as they did before with no impact on the other species. The species co-exists with no damaging effects other then some bass are stunted in size and take longer to get big.

Therefore even if you went on a bucket brigade ( which really is a racist way of identifying asains fishing because i know theres that bit of redneck in all albertans ) Your case in invasive non-native species is defunct.

If your own Natural Resources dumped bass into alberta lakes many moons ago. Means they made the effort, it was likely expensive and it didn't work. Its not the type of project you want to repeat. and it has nothing to do with non native.

Discussion OVER
Agreed. Discussion OVER. OVER 4 years ago!!. Are you that unaware and uninformed on how forums work?

I think a nice feature would be anything older on here is locked after 3 months of inactivity. Just sayin
Old 02-11-2016, 06:19 PM

To lock them after 3 months would be stupid. I like to search out stuff I've seen before. If u don't want to read it why the hell did u click on it?
Old 02-11-2016, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupert View Post
To lock them after 3 months would be stupid. I like to search out stuff I've seen before. If u don't want to read it why the hell did u click on it?
Lock means you can still read it, just can't comment.
Old 02-11-2016, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Easy now !!
Old 02-11-2016, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (16.5 KB, 204 views)
Old 02-11-2016, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
Agreed. Discussion OVER. OVER 4 years ago!!. Are you that unaware and uninformed on how forums work?

I think a nice feature would be anything older on here is locked after 3 months of inactivity. Just sayin
Another person that just can't control themselves and not read a post.....?

By the way what is a Bass.....😈

Mack
Old 02-12-2016, 08:27 AM

I think a lot of us have been brainwashed by the "great American media machine" into believing that the large mouth bass is the be-all and end-all of game fish.
I just finished 3 weeks of bass fishing virtually every day in Southern California and I've decided that while they are great fun to catch.....for the first 5-10 seconds or so, after that it's just a matter of hauling them in like a snagged log and letting them go.
They ain't no big deal boys and IMHO we are better off without them.
Now smallmouths...well that's a different kettle of fish altogether.