Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-10-2020, 03:58 PM

Default Thanks Korth!

Think the first dealing I had with them was in 1986 shortly after moving to Alberta and I took my old Vari x ll in to see if they could get it to track more reliably. Couple days and I think it was the current operators father who told me ready for pickup south end think it was off 22X between Macleod and the river Sundance? somewhere. While there we got to talking and he gave me the corduroy baseball hat which I wore for years and still have tucked away in the gun safe.
Couple years later I was sheep hunting in NWT and decided that the 20 power gold ring spotting scope really wasn't strong enough so I called after I got home him asking about upgrading to a 30 X. he explained they are distributors so don't really sell to public but if I called him next spring after the hunting show season he would see what he could do to get me a demo model.
Sure enough the following spring he advised he had a 30X put aside for me if I still wanted it.
good people backing an incredible product.

Picked up a couple used rifles in the new year and not needing the scopes for any existing rifles ( I am downsizing on rifles) I planned on selling the scopes but was concerned about selling something that was well used and possible even a bit abused judging by the scratches in the finish.
Dropped them off on March 17th and recieved them back in better condition already April 7th with a detailed listing of what had been replaced including adjusters and even one objective lens reset paralax and regassed. No charge on warranty!
You might guess I am a fan for life.

Last edited by wwbirds; 04-10-2020 at 04:19 PM.
Old 04-10-2020, 04:01 PM

Yup

I got a VX 1...... and they be been fantastic with repairs and replacement parts

No questions asked.

Incredible.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 04-10-2020, 04:02 PM
Banned

Great people there.
Old 04-10-2020, 04:09 PM

This has to be 35 years old and still get incredible service. In those days he was working out of his home.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Old 04-10-2020, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwbirds View Post
This has to be 35 years old and still get incredible service. In those days he was working out of his home.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
You were probably rocking that hat and wearing bell bottom plaid trousers when you got that one!

Yeah, Korth is first rate. I had some internal 'dust' showing up in my VX-3 B&C Edition scope. Dropped it at Barton's, they sent it in, and it was back in my hands cleaned up, gassed and perfect in less than a week. They are really Customer service pros. Kinda like Clay at Prophet River. Folks like that deserve a kudo any opportunity that presents itself.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 10-30-2020, 09:41 AM

I have been dealing with Korth for years whether it be scope mil dots installations or any problems.

Most recently (2 weeks ago), I had an old pair of Cascade Wind River 8 x 42 binoculars into Korth for a tune-up/tightening.

They called me to ask me if it was ok to replace them with an upgraded pair? Yesterday a new pair arrived in my mail box.

I love the Leupold brand and Korth is so good to work with.

Thanks,

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.
Old 10-30-2020, 10:20 AM
Banned

x1000 on the Korth experience
Old 10-30-2020, 10:35 AM

Default Thanks korth

I’ve had great experiences dealing with them. Great, fast service. One of the reasons I’ve been running Leupold for the last 40 years. Quality and service are top shelf!
Old 10-30-2020, 10:43 AM

Default Great service

They'll always get my business.
My VX6 rubber eye piece rubbed off in my saddle scabbard. I searched high a low for this discontinued part.
Emailed Korth and he had one in the mail with a few days, free of charge.
Old 10-30-2020, 11:24 AM

Same experience here. I only had trouble with one scope and their turn-around time was amazing.