Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 10-12-2011, 07:25 PM

Default NSR spots near Spruce Grove

Well, someone told me about a spot just South of Spruce Grove. Well I got to range road 275 and there is a sign there. Private property, no access to the river. Are there any other spots near there?
Old 10-14-2011, 11:34 PM

Hey Thunder, I live in Spruce Grove and I am sad to say there are NO spots to fish the river nearby!!! The only spot was straight south of town. It is now private and gated. My boy and I went out 2 months go with a county map and hit up every roadway that leads to the river. The best and only spots near Spruce are Genesee and Devon. I was choked too when I found out that location was private!!! It was an incredible spot, very scenic but I never wet a line there. Nobody owns the river but everyone owns the access to it!
NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!
Old 10-14-2011, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSTONE1 View Post
Hey Thunder, I live in Spruce Grove and I am sad to say there are NO spots to fish the river nearby!!! The only spot was straight south of town. It is now private and gated. My boy and I went out 2 months go with a county map and hit up every roadway that leads to the river. The best and only spots near Spruce are Genesee and Devon. I was choked too when I found out that location was private!!! It was an incredible spot, very scenic but I never wet a line there. Nobody owns the river but everyone owns the access to it!
NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!
go to walmart get a rubber dingy and an anchor and start fishing.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:24 PM

Default RE

Get a county map phone the owner and ask if you could have acces through the property, 9/10 times they allow you to cut through on foot, No atv's or 4x4's. Some of the best fishing holes on the NSR are through private property.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:06 AM

you can hit the river via the keephills access/ol' gravel pit east of the power plant