Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-07-2011, 10:32 PM

wow congrats
Old 11-07-2011, 10:43 PM

Wow, nice pics!!!....$248 000... wow....
Old 11-07-2011, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram crazy View Post
Congrats Pat on your accomplishment!!!! I have to ask, why is the Walrus not recognized as one?
I have to think because it is non importable to the states , they can hunt them but cant take them home so the market for walrus hutning has really deminished, but i am going for one next year.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:50 PM

Phenomenal!!!
Old 11-07-2011, 10:50 PM

Absolutely Outstanding !!! Your a lucky man.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsman View Post
Pat, congratulations on a tremendous accomplishment. I have enjoyed reading about your adventures on here for years. My money says your elk hunts were the most enjoyable aside from the moose with your father! Way to go man!! I for one will be buying that book when it comes out.
Oh For sure but the dall sheep self guiding me and my brother was cool, and killing the bighorn after 5 hunts with my wife was special, and having both brothers there for the desert sheep was awsome.

I have to Honestly say when i walked up to that monster non typical mexican coues deer was something also. But then again the alaskan brown bear was super wicked, especially when the hunt was over and i was goign hone without a bear and then boom one comes across the flats and i killed it on the 12th morning of a 11 day hunt, That was awsome,
Old 11-07-2011, 10:57 PM

Congrats on your accomplishment. I can say it was nice to meet the youngest man to take the NA 29. We met at Marco's shop, you picking up your coues and me my bear.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:00 PM

Hat's off, Mr. Gunslinger! Congratulations!!
Old 11-07-2011, 11:06 PM

Just.......awesome! I had a feeling that this was going to be your year man. Looking back, I have to say that the coolest element of this journey has been the fact that it was accomplished with your family around you. That is what must make it that much more special.

So, Pat, a big 'ol congrats go out to you and yours, and here's to many, many more. Thanks so much for sharing this adventure with us all.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:10 PM

Well done Pat and thanks for sharing your adventures with us all..
Old 11-07-2011, 11:13 PM

congrats Pat, you put a lot of miles on and deserved it.
Curtis
Old 11-07-2011, 11:20 PM

Congrats on your achievement and thanks for sharing the adventures with us all on AO. Know I always enjoyed your posts on it.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAPPER92 View Post
Wow, nice pics!!!....$248 000... wow....
Yes we are extremley lucky to live here in alberta, anybody else other than people that live in bc are looking at 400000$ for sure to complete this. And british columbia residents can actaully do it for around the 200000$ mark, if they go 100% on all the hunts.

I was extremly lucky and hunted my arse off and was able to go 100% on every outfitted hunt. Thank god i live in alberta for the bighorn cause it took me 5 bigtime hunts for that one. But for a 50$ over the counter tag.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:45 PM

Always wondered where you are allowed to hunt polar bears at?
Old 11-08-2011, 01:47 AM

Congrats Pat, I couldn't be happier for you, it's been cool to follow your quest on here, you are one huntin son of a gun!
Old 11-08-2011, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger View Post
I have to think because it is non importable to the states , they can hunt them but cant take them home so the market for walrus hutning has really deminished, but i am going for one next year.
Thanks Pat, I was wondering why, I know B&C has a category for them.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:36 AM
Banned

Awesome animals and a big congratulations! I imagine it will be a while to get all mounted but it would be great if you could post your trophy room when set up.

How many taxidermists do you use Pat or do you have one on staff...LOL... and how many dollars do you estimate for completion of all the mounts?
Old 11-08-2011, 06:38 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
Congrats Pat, I couldn't be happier for you, it's been cool to follow your quest on here, you are one huntin son of a gun!

A huntin fool is right. Thats an awesome bunch of field photos to go through Pat. Right on man congratulations!

It's just Alberta boys... Take what you can while you can,, if ya cant beat em join em.

Keep a strain on er
Old 11-08-2011, 06:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Proud of you and your accomplishment Pat. It would make a great journal/book.

I'd buy some copies.

Congrats!

I think that would be fantastic if Gunslinger has the time. It would be great reading.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:26 AM

Congrats Pat......you have my vote on Hunter of the Year (Decade too). What an accomplishment. I think my favorite field photo is you and your mountain goat......but in saying that, the one thing that has remained a constant for your hunts is giving the animal respect and taking some amazing field photos....that is worth their weight in gold.

Congrats once again and good luck on your next adventure..........Marco
Old 11-08-2011, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntslots View Post
Awesome animals and a big congratulations! I imagine it will be a while to get all mounted but it would be great if you could post your trophy room when set up.

How many taxidermists do you use Pat or do you have one on staff...LOL... and how many dollars do you estimate for completion of all the mounts?
The taxidermy was done by a number of people, i used in total 5 different people but alot of them will be done by my dad who is a taxidermist.
Estimated total cost of the taxidermy bill Was 55000$
Old 11-08-2011, 07:35 AM

Congratulations Pat! Simply outstanding. Enjoyed all your stories and pics and was always excited to see you get a step closer when arriving home from every adventure. Can't wait for your next adventures. Congrats again man!
Old 11-08-2011, 07:40 AM

LOL....I can understand trying to pin point one particular hunt as standing out on it's own....29 adventures around North America though? Unreal!
I suppose every damn one of those hunts has it's memories, and will stay with you forever!
HUGE! Congrats Pat! Thanks for taking us along for the ride!
"I am fascinated by the wild, rough country sheep are found. I love the long-continued excitement of the stalk. I even enjoy the disappointments and the frustrations, those stalks that go astray when the sheep have moved, and the wind changes." - JOC
Old 11-08-2011, 07:40 AM

Congrats Pat!!!! WOW unreal moment in your life. I think you have one of the most understanding wives in the world! It's really great that your family could be a part of so many of the hunts!

I hope some day I have half the animals you do by your age!
Old 11-08-2011, 07:49 AM

I'm with Marco, you can realy see his respect of the animals in the photo's. All too often it seems like a lot of the guys going for the slams seem like "it's just one more for the wall" and aren't even smiling, but in his pics, you can tell by all the smiles he is a true sportsman. Hats off to you Gunslinger, for you are living many a hunter's dream myself included. Keep at it, and put me down for a journal too.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:49 AM

Default Congrats

Congrats Pat, what an accomplishment!
Old 11-08-2011, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetailsheds View Post
LOL....I can understand trying to pin point one particular hunt as standing out on it's own....29 adventures around North America though? Unreal!
I suppose every damn one of those hunts has it's memories, and will stay with you forever!
HUGE! Congrats Pat! Thanks for taking us along for the ride!
Yea for sure there was some outstanding hunts but i think when i popped up over that little rim and that big old ram was staring down at me was defffinlty the pinnacle of it all, i went through hell trying for that bighorn ram with over 80 days in the mountains, and then to pack up 5 big horses with the wife and go get him was unreal, i still remember shaking like a leaf and starting to cry when the grand slam ram hit the dirt, still sends shivers down my spine. And to boot Brandie has it all on film so everyone will get to see it on tv, it was awsome.

Last edited by gunslinger; 11-08-2011 at 08:05 AM.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:53 AM

Congratulations. Truly the dream of many big game hunters yet accomplished by very few. And to complete this slam while you r still young is an even bigger accomplishment. Cant wait to see what else u harvest in the future. U ever considered adding bobcat and lynx for a cat slam?

cheers

gilly
Old 11-08-2011, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeeker View Post
I'm with Marco, you can realy see his respect of the animals in the photo's. All too often it seems like a lot of the guys going for the slams seem like "it's just one more for the wall" and aren't even smiling, but in his pics, you can tell by all the smiles he is a true sportsman. Hats off to you Gunslinger, for you are living many a hunter's dream myself included. Keep at it, and put me down for a journal too.
When you are trying to experience all the different adventures, you study each animal, where they live, the color, there tracks, whats big and whats not, what it takes to get in the book, The logistics, How they call. Each and every animal was studyed to the maximum, either out of books, online or many many calls to hunters that have hunted them.
That way i was fully prepared for each hunt and i truely beleive this had alot to do with why i was successful on every outfitted hunt i went on, and staying positive too. That way when you harvest the animal you have the upmost respect for it.There was a couple mistakes made during this quest by the guides but weather the animal was small or not i still was super happy to be able to experience the adventure, and thats what its all about

Last edited by gunslinger; 11-08-2011 at 08:06 AM.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
Congratulations. Truly the dream of many big game hunters yet accomplished by very few. And to complete this slam while you r still young is an even bigger accomplishment. Cant wait to see what else u harvest in the future. U ever considered adding bobcat and lynx for a cat slam?

cheers

gilly
You bet i have i already am booked for the bobcat along with my audad hunt next year in california so that will be fun.

I think one of the best memories along the way was forsure when a local school teacher up in nunavit took us into the school and allowed us to sit through a seminar the elder inuit people were giving, they were teaching the young kids to make spears and fishing tools out of caribou horns, That was so cool , I almost missed my plane i didnt want to leave, especially when they started letting me make one. lol

Last edited by gunslinger; 11-08-2011 at 08:11 AM.