Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-31-2012, 12:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSR Monger View Post
i dont get it? that was one fish and I got made fun of for not knowing what it was......... hence my joke at people making fun of you for this, as well as I said there probably was not LOTS of fish he could not identify, annnnnnnnnnnd if you really wanna be douche bags, at least I knew which 2 fish it could possibly be but was having trouble identifying due to ****ty online pics and my rookie ***** experience, some of you guys on this site really need to stop being so sad that god did not bless you in the genital region and stop taking it out on everyone else, I criticize people about some rookie mistakes, but thats because some rookie mistakes are VERY EASILY avoided, and I also criticize some people because they hold the fish up to the camera to make a decent fish look huge
well said
Old 07-31-2012, 06:18 AM

X2
Old 07-31-2012, 06:27 AM

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=137447

how about this one
Old 07-31-2012, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinmat View Post
Funny thing is I read through that thread again...some of the people posting in this thread also posted in that one...but on opposite sides of the discussion...

The hypocrisy on this forum cracks me up

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 07-31-2012, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massari View Post
Before you go fishing you should always take note of the fish species in the system you are fishing, it's common sense.
Before you drive, do you know everything about the car your driving? Probably not. You sit down shut up and obey the rules of the road. Doesn't matter what you drive, as long as its legal and you obey the rules. Same thing for fishing in my opinion. Doesn't matter what you catch as long as your playing by the rules!
Old 07-31-2012, 09:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
Funny thing is I read through that thread again...some of the people posting in this thread also posted in that one...but on opposite sides of the discussion...

The hypocrisy on this forum cracks me up
I stand by my original comments.

Send me the fillets and I will run a digestive analysis. Will post pics of the results.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
I stand by my original comments.

Send me the fillets and I will run a digestive analysis. Will post pics of the results.
Not you...but a couple other members who have posted in both threads

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 07-31-2012, 09:37 AM

If you have never caught a fish that gave you trouble identifying you have either not fished nearly enough ..... Or your a liar.... Common sense ??? Common sense????? Sorry but when u mix in interbreeding and the dozens of fish species most people don't even know about common sense is to do exactly what u c here....if anyone try's to tell u they studied over 30 fish species before they hit Alberta waters ..... If this tool ever gets his nose outta the air maybe he could come to the water with me for a day and when he catches from where I take him if he can't correctly identify what I put him on we put him up for roast ..... Like get a life .... I'd straight up guarantee this finger pointer of ethical fishing cannot identify every fish... Good job on the catch man don't let one idiot change your mind you did everything as u shoulda... I can't stand you self appointed fish cops with no education but lots to say!!!..... And is this backtracking or what....."the watershed might b contaminated"???? Like I said uneducated finger pointers I hate you
Old 07-31-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnafterwork View Post
If you have never caught a fish that gave you trouble identifying you have either not fished nearly enough ..... Or your a liar.... Common sense ??? Common sense????? Sorry but when u mix in interbreeding and the dozens of fish species most people don't even know about common sense is to do exactly what u c here....if anyone try's to tell u they studied over 30 fish species before they hit Alberta waters ..... If this tool ever gets his nose outta the air maybe he could come to the water with me for a day and when he catches from where I take him if he can't correctly identify what I put him on we put him up for roast ..... Like get a life .... I'd straight up guarantee this finger pointer of ethical fishing cannot identify every fish... Good job on the catch man don't let one idiot change your mind you did everything as u shoulda... I can't stand you self appointed fish cops with no education but lots to say!!!..... And is this backtracking or what....."the watershed might b contaminated"???? Like I said uneducated finger pointers I hate you
Wow...

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 07-31-2012, 10:47 AM

wow for a bunch of big burly outdoors men ya sure are sensitive lol !
that was a joke to lighten the mood just so you know don't get upset lmao !
Old 07-31-2012, 10:49 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He-LBIyBUz8
Old 07-31-2012, 11:00 AM

lol
Old 07-31-2012, 11:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-rett View Post
Before you drive, do you know everything about the car your driving? Probably not. You sit down shut up and obey the rules of the road. Doesn't matter what you drive, as long as its legal and you obey the rules. Same thing for fishing in my opinion. Doesn't matter what you catch as long as your playing by the rules!
wtf are you talking about brett?? yes i do know alot about the car i drive, who doesnt know lots about the car they own?? Also i bet i could identify my car.......how can you guys argue that people not researching or learning about fishing is a good idea??

Yes I know about my car.....the engine size and so on
I golf, so yes i researched about golf related information
I eat food, I learn about the foods i eat and how good/bad they are for you
I like computers, when i built my computer I researched what hardware I would need to suit my needs.

If you enjoy something why would you not learn more about it??
I forgot that the people who fish the creek and hermitage daily are fuking know it all's, never need to research anything
Old 07-31-2012, 11:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
you are a tool buddy, if you are talking about taking me to the water with you, i am not gay (not that theres anything wrong with that) and i do not want your redneck dick anywhere close to me, also I never said i could identify EVERY FISH so please elaborate more if you can peel your eyes away from NASCAR for a bit

Last edited by NSR Monger; 07-31-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:26 AM
Banned

originally posted by fishingafterwork

Hey all u walleye experts out there I got a few questions

1. Do big walleye school less the bigger they get

2. Any idea of their migrating patterns( up and downstream)

3. I'm having a tough time trying to distinguish walleye from sauger

4. Are you more likely ( in a river) to get big fish downstream or upstream in big pools? Basically I'm asking do they stay near 1 spot their whole life or up and down the whole watershed

5. In a lake if you are marking tons of walleye on a shelf but they won't bite.( u figured it was a light bite day ) and y mark fish in much deeper water...... Knowing its a light bite do u A: use the same small jig that normally works on the shelf and in turn sacrifice good contact with the jig

Or B: use a big jig for good contact that normally doesn't work on the shelf and sacrifice maybe being too big a meal?

Thanks guys!

Also I think this is your post......fishingafterwork
3. I'm having a tough time trying to distinguish walleye from sauger

so you have problems with that too?? looks like you can not identify many fish either

"Sorry but when u mix in interbreeding and the dozens of fish species most people don't even know about common sense is to do exactly what u c here"

yes i bet there is tons of interbreeding, walleye and goldeye, walleye and pike, suckers and sturgeon, sauger and RMW all of these are very common and produce many different fish that are hard to identify
Old 07-31-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
You fishin after work today?
Old 07-31-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
you are a tool buddy, if you are talking about taking me to the water with you, i am not gay (not that theres anything wrong with that) and i do not want your redneck dick anywhere close to me, also I never said i could identify EVERY FISH so please elaborate more if you can peel your eyes away from NASCAR for a bit
Quoted for posterity.

Way to show your true colors...

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 07-31-2012, 11:41 AM

Thumbs up

LMAO, this thread has taken a turn for the worst, IBTL
Old 07-31-2012, 11:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
Quoted for posterity.

Way to show your true colors...
you guys drive me nuts, i think most of us like to argue too much, whether or not we actually stand for what we are arguing is regardless, i am at fault for this at times as well
Old 07-31-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
you guys drive me nuts, i think most of us like to argue too much, whether or not we actually stand for what we are arguing is regardless, i am at fault for this at times as well
When you start name calling and making personal attacks like in my previous quote, yeah...you *are* at fault.

Check yo' self befo' you wreck yo' self!

IBTL

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 07-31-2012, 12:12 PM

Yes I am gonna try to hit the water tnite and tO nsr monger I think u are missing my point I don't know every fish I've ever caught I was taking your side ??? The nsr has more varieties of fish than most waters in Alberta and yes I do try to educate myself the best I can and yes i do have tough time distinguishing a walleye and sauger and saugeye (nothing wrong with that) but there is something wrong with these know it alls!... Don't fish till u know all fish..?? Rediculous .... I dunno how a simple question about fish I'd got a response of " don't fish till u know what u are catching" that plain rediculous....

I think u need to read my post over!!
Old 07-31-2012, 12:23 PM

Stop arguing
Old 07-31-2012, 12:30 PM

Old 07-31-2012, 01:10 PM
Banned

Hilarious...

Does anyone know who to laugh at more?

Human behavior is absolutely facinating...
Old 07-31-2012, 01:31 PM

good, quality thread. Should make it a sticky so people can reference it easily.
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasure. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most money from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy followed by a dictatorship.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
how small? Did it have an adipose fin? What did you catch it on? Was the mouth pointing down, in the middle or pointing up?
I can't remember if it had that fin. I caught on a pickeral rig with worms. The mouth was pointing up/middle. It was not a sucker for sure. I think it was a rainbow/cutthroat trout but I was always told they don't live downstream of Drayton Valley in the NSR system. So I was very suprised when I brought it out of the water to look at it.

How many people here have caught trout in the NSR after Drayton Valley?

I caught these guys east of Burtonsville Island.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubs View Post
I can't remember if it had that fin. I caught on a pickeral rig with worms. The mouth was pointing up/middle. It was not a sucker for sure. I think it was a rainbow/cutthroat trout but I was always told they don't live downstream of Drayton Valley in the NSR system. So I was very suprised when I brought it out of the water to look at it.

How many people here have caught trout in the NSR after Drayton Valley?

I caught these guys east of Burtonsville Island.
I would bet money that what you caught was either a rocky or a trout species. drayton is not very far out of the foothills.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yes I am gonna try to hit the water tnite and tO nsr monger I think u are missing my point I don't know every fish I've ever caught I was taking your side ??? The nsr has more varieties of fish than most waters in Alberta and yes I do try to educate myself the best I can and yes i do have tough time distinguishing a walleye and sauger and saugeye (nothing wrong with that) but there is something wrong with these know it alls!... Don't fish till u know all fish..?? Rediculous .... I dunno how a simple question about fish I'd got a response of " don't fish till u know what u are catching" that plain rediculous....

I think u need to read my post over!!

ok man, I didnt mean you need to know every fish, that can be tough even with online pics due to species coloring being different depending on what body of water they are caught in, but doing some research is always a good idea! it wasnt even meant to be an attack at the OP.......just stating it should be common sense to research something you enjoy! its a touchy subject, you dont need to know every fish, but probly have a good idea, like grouping walleye,sauger, saugeye together, even if you are not sure which one it is, you have a good idea.......same thing with the 5-6 different suckers in the river, mayb you cant say its a quillback sucker, but atleast you know its a sucker and so on ........also lets say for example this dude pulled a sturgeon out, he wouldnt even know the rarity of it and would probably be more excited knowing that he just caught a very rare fish! Its ridiculous to say dont fish if you dont know everything, but there is a massive wealth of information online, I just started fishing again late last fall and I have learned sooooo much about fishing in like 9 months, I would greatly encourage people to research where they are fishing, but in the end if they are not breaking laws, they are the only ones missing out
Old 07-31-2012, 03:26 PM

Default Hmm

No worries I work harder when my blood is pumping.... Maybe someone should call me gay everyday and I would b on the river more ... Haha
Old 07-31-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
wtf are you talking about brett?? yes i do know alot about the car i drive, who doesnt know lots about the car they own?? Also i bet i could identify my car.......how can you guys argue that people not researching or learning about fishing is a good idea??

Yes I know about my car.....the engine size and so on
I golf, so yes i researched about golf related information
Lots of golfers never do a bit of research!
I eat food, I learn about the foods i eat and how good/bad they are for you
Many people do not!
I like computers, when i built my computer I researched what hardware I would need to suit my needs.
Could be that most people out there would not do that(just have a techi) pick it!

If you enjoy something why would you not learn more about it??
I forgot that the people who fish the creek and hermitage daily are fuking know it all's, never need to research anything
Bottom line not everything needs to be or is researched! There are various "degrees" of fishermen. Believe it or not some just go out to fish.
Ya know if ya would a left out the common sense requirement. you might not of ruffled as many feathers! Name callin not needed though.

Last edited by huntsfurfish; 07-31-2012 at 03:51 PM.