Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-25-2013, 02:38 PM

Default Bassano Reservoir

Has anybody has info on Bassano Reservoir? I heard it is in the Indian reserve. No body except Native indian can fish in this reservoir. Is it true?

Thanks
Old 04-25-2013, 03:06 PM
Banned

You need permission.

Last year at this time it was completely empty.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
You need permission.

Last year at this time it was completely empty.
Thanks BeeGuy
Old 04-25-2013, 03:39 PM

The reservoir itself is not on the Siksika Nation. The Bassano dam is so. of Bassano

Cannot say the fishing is all that good there but have seen a few guys casting from shore.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardFishingMan View Post
Has anybody has info on Bassano Reservoir? I heard it is in the Indian reserve. No body except Native indian can fish in this reservoir. Is it true?

Thanks
the north side u can fish ,on the downstream side of the dam only ,there is a parking area on hill with bathrooms and garbage cans ,please bring ur coffee cups and such with you when u are finished fishing and put in the garbage bins lots of complaints about garbage left on the shore no respect . I have seen a few fish taken out along the river ,do not cross the dam with your vehicle that is nation side .Check ur regs when it is open and u cant fish in the upstream side of the dam which is nation side .hopefully that will help you
Old 04-25-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose 2 View Post
the north side u can fish ,on the downstream side of the dam only ,there is a parking area on hill with bathrooms and garbage cans ,please bring ur coffee cups and such with you when u are finished fishing and put in the garbage bins lots of complaints about garbage left on the shore no respect . I have seen a few fish taken out along the river ,do not cross the dam with your vehicle that is nation side .Check ur regs when it is open and u cant fish in the upstream side of the dam which is nation side .hopefully that will help you
Garbage is left all over the place where I fish.....Rolling hills was the worst I had ever seen awhile back...You could not take a step without stepping on garbage...of some sort...I cannot believe how individuals can be such pigs...Sorry, did not mean to hijack this thread
Old 04-25-2013, 08:30 PM

ur right but out of them all around brooks area , crawling valley is second for garbage left along the dam disgusting. then the bassano dam a very close second , people r wrecking it for everybody else pretty soon the eastern irrigation district r going to have locked gates on everything
Old 04-26-2013, 06:54 AM

Look at the ppl who are fishing these spots. Not "sportsmen"
Old 04-26-2013, 10:17 PM

I have never fished it and have driven up to it a couple times to look at it so may not know full details about it. But a few years back I remember seeing that the government gave the nation 80million for this resevior cause appearently there was no proof that we paid for it way back when. So if this is true why would we not be allowed to fish there?
Old 04-27-2013, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunted View Post
I have never fished it and have driven up to it a couple times to look at it so may not know full details about it. But a few years back I remember seeing that the government gave the nation 80million for this resevior cause appearently there was no proof that we paid for it way back when. So if this is true why would we not be allowed to fish there?
trust me fish the northside only on the downstream side of the dam and park in the parking lot on the hill