Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by black ram View Post
No I don't guide for that guy.
And Diamond K. That is a true statement. I turn away hunters by the dozens week in and week out. The recession in the states has not slowed my outfit down in the slightest way. Allocations for sale? Not here, we are constantly on the look out to expand and buy more allocations. Like I said, business couldn't be better! Even though things have slowed down for a lot of outfitters with the down turn in the U.S economy, there's still piles of people down there with a lot of money. I could sell triple the hunts per year as I do now, I just don't have the allocations to do so. Nor do I want to be that "Big" of outfitter.
And with the cover story on Big Buck Mag. I have been in touch with Mr.Longman who how been in touch with Gary in talks to a cover story on His Magazine. They even had me send them a bunch of photos already to proof for the cover story. Again, true statement. They came to me with wanting to do an article and I told them I wanted cover story or I wouldn't do a story at all. Now at this time I've decided "not to do an article at all". No point, the world has already seen the tremendous 2012 220" whitey we killed. Although I'm a huge fan of the magazine and have been for 20years, I realize the story won't do much for my already jam packed booked years in advance outfitting business. All the article would be for, would be just for the sake of being in the magazine itself.
Dude I am not a hater and that is a great buck. Do I think anyone convicted of a wildlife offence be allowed to be an outfitter/Guide. Nope, but I dont have that power so dont dwell on it.
I have no solid evidence that this deer was not harvested leagally and wont comment further on that but you need to quit contridicting yourself in every post. You say here you are on the lookout for more allocation but you dont want to expand to be the "big" outfitter.

You say you contacted Big Buck and then you say they came to you.

If a publication like Big Buck wants to give you publicity than dont be crazy and refuse unless you think you have a bigger deal in the work.

Step back get your story straight and come back. Right now all you are doing is reinforcing why there is so much mistrust and dislike for outfitters in this province. I am actually surprised APOS has not already told you to back away.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:07 PM

Im kind of Neautral on this one because I dont know the truth....but what I learned from this thread is that there are more than a few big bucks in this spirit river area,and Im sure my cousin from Grand prairie will figure it out come next fall....keep the pictures rollin boys,cause were coming.....

LOL I think theres big deer all over alberta just have to know how to find them.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
No H380 that wasn't directed to you.

And I have acknowledged my mistakes from the past multiple times on this forum, face to face with landowners, the public, and my clients. I don't owe anyone on this forum anything. And I would pick "keep rolling" For the reasons being that I have picked up the pieces of a once shady past many years ago, continued forward with my chin up battling off all criticism I had to deal with past mistakes. Pushed forward deeper into this tough business called outfitting, made the best of with what I had and have turned a hunting hobby of mine years ago in to a successful ligament business that is very respected by many! I could have rolled over and quit what I was doing all them years ago despite the bad name I had created for myself but I pushed on. Its been a hard road to get to where I am today and am now proud of how I have changed as an individual and bettered myself as person and outfitter. So keep hatting on me if you all like. That's up to you. Again to those of you against me out there that's your choice. Everyone has a right to opinion. And that's fine. Your negative opinions won't slow me down or break my stride in setting out to accomplish the things I set out to do in this business or life in general.
Soooooooooo, you came on an internet chat forum to defend your good name, posing as 'a good friend', get caught in an outright lie, pick verbal fights with others, threaten legal action against Alberta Outdoorsmen, but yet want us to believe that you have turned your life around and are on the straight and narrow now. Yeahhhhh.
Best part? When people/clients google your name and outfitting business, this thread will come up. Including the original posts from your friend, acting on your behalf, of course. If your clientele is as well off as you say, my guesses are that they can read. And make decisions all on their own.
Keep rollin Blake.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetail Junkie View Post
Im kind of Neautral on this one because I dont know the truth....but what I learned from this thread is that there are more than a few big bucks in this spirit river area,and Im sure my cousin from Grand prairie will figure it out come next fall....keep the pictures rollin boys,cause were coming.....

LOL, Yep Im sure Spirt River will be flooded with hunters..
Old 12-09-2013, 01:20 PM

I have to make one point. There are other outfitters on this site but would never never say they were outfitters for one simple reason. Countless thread pop up every year on AO about the tag amount that outfitters get compared to the general public in certain area's. " why do I have to wait 10 year when some rich Yankee with a padded wallet can catch a flight and skip the line". I don't necessarily agree with it but instead of trashing Blake why not write a letter to APOS. All the contacts were laid out in front of you guys and I bet under 3% took the time to write a letter and have your opinions heard. When your MLA makes a call you don't like, do you bi$ch to your neighbour who agree's with his discussion or do you write your MLA an email. This is business. I wrote a letter and at least got it off my chest in the right direction. I didn't hassle a guy who is 100% doing what he is allowed to be doing. How many people have dead heads that they found while they were out hunting. You do know you need to register these at a fish and game office or you could later be charged with trafficking of wildlife.

Another poster hit the nail on the head. Ma and pa hunters hate outfitters. They believe that they are stealing what is entitled to us. If it wasn't the sale of antlers you guys would have found something else to grip about. I know if I was an outfitter I wouldn't let a person on this site know about it. And yes they're on here. For the same reasons that I scan through the fishing section looking at pics and trying to recognize a lake or a chunk of shore in the back ground of a guy holding 1lbs perch. I don't think they hate you because of jealously Blake. Take it from me. They hate you cause your an outfitter. I give you props for stating who you are and what you do. You screwed up trying to play yourself off as a friend of Blake's but you already know that. I have a past I'm not proud of and now I'm cocky about it cause I beat the odds and turned myself into a person I can be proud of. Cause that's all that matters. What I believe to be right and wrong and I sleep fine at night. I do what I love and I'm loved. End of story. I owe you guys nothing.

Savage LTWT Hunter 111 - 6.5x284 Norma
Old 12-09-2013, 01:55 PM
Banned

I think BIG BUCK needs to know some more history on you. That bait pile picture is PURE GOLD!!!!
Old 12-09-2013, 02:06 PM
Banned

Wonder if f&w is reading this? I know a few of em have accounts...
Old 12-09-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealclubber View Post
Wonder if f&w is reading this? I know a few of em have accounts...
Not defending him but his right not to be tried with no evidence. One picture of a deer eating off a grain pile is ceratinly not even close to be circumstantial evidence. F&W will tell you the same. Please stick to facts and not start a witch hunt. He at least has the balls to eventually say who he was. Any chance of keeping this important dialouge open requires all of us to take the higher ground and be careful not to make accusations or assumptions.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi View Post

LOL I think theres big deer all over alberta just have to know how to find them.
You might find them near bait piles?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasbok View Post
LOL, Yep Im sure Spirt River will be flooded with hunters..
Price of oats and hay in the area will no doubt go up in price.

But hey, "it they don't catch you in the act, you can't be charged".

I think that's how it goes.
Can't remember exactly though. Might need to consult with a professional on this....

Either get busy living, or get busy dying!
Old 12-09-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCCFisherman View Post
I think BIG BUCK needs to know some more history on you. That bait pile picture is PURE GOLD!!!!
What would that matter, they run many stories on great bucks that were baited in Sask all the time. if the guy in this thread didnt kill it over a bait then it doesnt matter.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:17 PM

Blake, I'll give you props for continuing the conversation. Maybe your posts will help educate others about the Outfitting industry in Alberta.

My comments so far have had nothing to do with you being an outfitter, they would apply to anybody making such claims.

Quote:
Back to the rigor comments. Did you Know it all's not read my post on the bucks neck being broke? And Yes Mike O was eligible to use a cross bow in our general archery season here in AB by taking the proper steps to ensure him to do so. Which included him getting a doctors note written from his doc in his home state, then mailing it up to me. Once I received it I took it to the local F/W to have it reviewed and approved. They approved it, issued him a license to hunt with a cross bow in general archery season. Pretty simple actually. Not sure why I'm even wasting my time explain things to, for the most part, such a hopeless, obvious non knowledgeable crowd. And yes I shoot shows for the outdoor channel with Jim Burnworth. So guess you can be jealous of that now too. And ya he Knows what happen. Have done 4 hit shows over the years, and just did another one this past bow season. Gonna be another home run for my already thriving Outfitting Business!!! Cheers to You Outfitter Haters!

I still won't buy what you are selling. A broken neck wouldn't allow for the free range of motion exhibited in that buck 12-24 hours after it was shot.

Your explanation of physiological processes leads one to another conclusion. Your story simply does not make sense.

Quote:
Maybe some of you already no this or don't. That in this province its legal to use and attractant in front of a motion camera for photo purposes. Yes its illegal to hunt over bait as we all know, but to the best of my knowledge its legal to do so for photos. I had a 1 on 1 meeting with a F/W officer face to face and he told me directly to my face that its legal to use an attractant for scouting and photo purposes. This came directly from the horses mouth. Not mine. I Also made 5 anonymous call across the province and talked to 5 different officers and they all told me the same thing. And they also added that its illegal to hunt over attractant. As we all know that. And to point out the that deer was killed no where near the where this camera was. And the date must have been wrong on the camera. The deer was killed on November 10th 2012. And to mention I also had nothing to do with the taking of this buck. It was found, scouted and killed by 1 of my guides. All I did was take field photos of the deer, skin, and cape the buck out. I've got all end covered and have done nothing illegal. So keep chirping gang. You really not getting anyway. Great Photo to I might add. Whata buck!

What did the F&W officer tell you the minimum distance a person needs to be from a bait site in order to legally hunt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshaw View Post
What would that matter, they run many stories on great bucks that were baited in Sask all the time. if the guy in this thread didnt kill it over a bait then it doesnt matter.
It does matter to me.

Using bait to pattern - and to influence a bucks pattern - to put yourself into a position to harvest, is ethically dubious.

This thread is a train wreck. I am enjoying discovering the true colors of many of our members however.

This has got so out of hand and of topic its ridiculous. Great post baptise_moose!
At least we cleared some things up. I have nothing to hide nor am I doing anything wrong. Proud to be a member of APOS, Proud to a outfitter, proud to be who I am today regardless of the past. This topic and battles that are going on here are a lost cause. You people insist on trying to win a battle that cant be won. There's no winners circle at the end of this. I have the out most respect for the wildlife in my area, the outfitting industry, the F/W and am blessed to be able to what I get to do for a living. So hate me for that. I've sure changed for the better compared to the person I use to be.
Bring on the hunters to the area. go nuts, there plenty of you here already, the more the marrier. Keep in mind that I don't just hunt around S.R.. My areas expand through out 4 WMU's. Have fun chasing deer around, and good luck finding a trophy buck to hunt. Maybe see some of you over here next fall. Again all the comments and B.S that has came up here presented in a negative way towards myself, my success as an outfitter, at me direct are meaningless to myself and my clients, and my outfit. The bulk of my clients deal with people like you in their home states and are use to the games that come along with it. We'll continue on doing what we do here, booking hunts, guiding hunters, harvesting big game animals, making American clients dreams come true, make a living, bring a lot of money into the Alberta and local economy. All positive things. I have zero regrets on starting this battle as a friend of Blake's, just to clarify that, glad its me now talking and stating the facts directly to you as Myself, Un like many of you others who hide behind some made up name handle. There will always be people like you out there, guys like me, local hunters and outfitters. That's just the way it will always be. For the most part this has been a big waste of time but i'm glad I decided to come out of the shadows and voice my opinion. Like me or hate me, it is what it is and I really don't care. I'll just keep rollin on! I'm through with this. Have fun carrying on with me.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:28 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepcrazyguy View Post
Here's a picture of a big buck sent to me by my BIL. Said it was shot by an outfitter near Sprit River. Any one know if that's true? Or what's the real story?
There now lets start the re-runs now that season one is over!
Old 12-09-2013, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
There now lets start the re-runs now that season one is over!
LOL!!! That's awesome....
Old 12-09-2013, 03:58 PM

What a joke this thread is. Big bucks turn people crazy. Congrats black ram to you and your client on an absolute hog of a deer.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:14 PM

Blake, I don't know you, but, that is a world class deer.

-Craig
Old 12-09-2013, 04:25 PM

Quote:
This has got so out of hand and of topic its ridiculous. Great post baptise_moose!
At least we cleared some things up. I have nothing to hide nor am I doing anything wrong. Proud to be a member of APOS, Proud to a outfitter, proud to be who I am today regardless of the past. This topic and battles that are going on here are a lost cause. You people insist on trying to win a battle that cant be won. There's no winners circle at the end of this. I have the out most respect for the wildlife in my area, the outfitting industry, the F/W and am blessed to be able to what I get to do for a living. So hate me for that. I've sure changed for the better compared to the person I use to be.
Bring on the hunters to the area. go nuts, there plenty of you here already, the more the marrier. Keep in mind that I don't just hunt around S.R.. My areas expand through out 4 WMU's. Have fun chasing deer around, and good luck finding a trophy buck to hunt. Maybe see some of you over here next fall. Again all the comments and B.S that has came up here presented in a negative way towards myself, my success as an outfitter, at me direct are meaningless to myself and my clients, and my outfit. The bulk of my clients deal with people like you in their home states and are use to the games that come along with it. We'll continue on doing what we do here, booking hunts, guiding hunters, harvesting big game animals, making American clients dreams come true, make a living, bring a lot of money into the Alberta and local economy. All positive things. I have zero regrets on starting this battle as a friend of Blake's, just to clarify that, glad its me now talking and stating the facts directly to you as Myself, Un like many of you others who hide behind some made up name handle. There will always be people like you out there, guys like me, local hunters and outfitters. That's just the way it will always be. For the most part this has been a big waste of time but i'm glad I decided to come out of the shadows and voice my opinion. Like me or hate me, it is what it is and I really don't care. I'll just keep rollin on! I'm through with this. Have fun carrying on with me.
So are you Blake or his buddy? I am doubly no...triply confused now....to the point you don't know who you are and I don't know who I am!!!

...made up handle?? So your real name is Black Ram?....as in Dodge Dually?

You thank baptiste_moose??? ummm do you realize he accused you of shooting a pet deer? based on the pale antler colour....

Quote:
Originally Posted by baptiste_moose View Post
The light color antlers tells me it was someones pet. Farmed elk do the same thing
This thread is pure entertaining! Thanks for "Keepin it Rollin!"

You couldn't make this thread up if you tried...classic!

LC

Last edited by Lefty-Canuck; 12-09-2013 at 04:31 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokanee44 View Post
What a joke this thread is. Big bucks turn people crazy. Congrats black ram to you and your client on an absolute hog of a deer.
X a million.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:28 PM

Blake, I don't know you from Adam but then I don't know anyone else on this board either. I have no first hand knowledge of your outfitting business and practises you and your guides use to be successful. It appears you've been charged and convicted for 2 infractions, to which you paid a hefty fine.

You know by now it was a bad judgement call on your part to enter into the discussions on this thread as an alias, something that has probably added 5 pages to the thread. If you hadn't done this the thread would have been buried so deep in the forum that it would have been all but forgotten!!!

But I want to thank you for taking some heat off the Rights based hunter and any thread that has subsistence hunting in the subject line...
Old 12-09-2013, 04:49 PM

Lefty, u are someone that I used to look up to on this forum. One of the people that had an opinion that always seemed to matter. Like Cat or ISB. Through out this thread I have realized your true colors and you hold about as much credit as Hal once did. Welcome to the club of just being another member on an already over opinionated site. You are no longer the great that I once looked up to. It's sad.

Old 12-09-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb-MBR View Post
Blake, I don't know you from Adam but then I don't know anyone else on this board either. I have no first hand knowledge of your outfitting business and practises you and your guides use to be successful. It appears you've been charged and convicted for 2 infractions, to which you paid a hefty fine.

You know by now it was a bad judgement call on your part to enter into the discussions on this thread as an alias, something that has probably added 5 pages to the thread. If you hadn't done this the thread would have been buried so deep in the forum that it would have been all but forgotten!!!

But I want to thank you for taking some heat off the Rights based hunter and any thread that has subsistence hunting in the subject line...
Ha ha exactly. If it isn't natives in suffield its crossbows. If it isn't crossbows its horses. If it isn't horses its outfitters. What it boils down to is hunters bashing hunters. The guy sold a couple racks. I wouldn't get too worked up about this thread if I were him.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baptiste_moose View Post
Lefty, u are someone that I used to look up to on this forum. One of the people that had an opinion that always seemed to matter. Like Cat or ISB. Through out this thread I have realized your true colors and you hold about as much credit as Hal once did. Welcome to the club of just being another member on an already over opinionated site. You are no longer the great that I once looked up to. It's sad.
Sorry to let you down...honestly BM this thread is a complete and utter train wreck....you surely can see that.

What did you mean when you said it was a pet deer? Was that in jest or a serious comment?

Please don't take what I say to heart, I mean no ill will...but this thread is so humourous...

I have a goofy sense of humour...and sometimes I take it too far, you are a good guy and if I offended you I offer an apology.

LC
Old 12-09-2013, 05:03 PM

Honestly I think whoever this "Black Ram" person is has no affiliation to any of this discussion directly and this could be one of the best trolls ever in AO history.

Think about name choice....Dodge Dually = Black Ram

.....equals the longest running and well known troller on this forum...

I think we all been done played!!

LC
Old 12-09-2013, 05:04 PM

Quote:
***^^^Without Me^^^***
Cheers A/O, I'm done with this forum.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:08 PM

I just googled riger mortis checked several links and all state that in humans it does go away in 24 to 48 hours I would it assume it would also in animals as we are all mammals. In fact I shot a moose this fall and it took almost 24 hrs to locate and recover and i could manuever it fairly easily for pictures and it had been dead awhile. Just so all you" rigor experts" now are "experts" look it up on google
Old 12-09-2013, 05:13 PM
Gone Hunting

.....and every one whines because a lot of people don't post pics anymore...how far would this nonsense have gone without a pic for the "experts" to dissect?.. hard to believe the jealousy here these days...
Old 12-09-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
What did you mean when you said it was a pet deer? Was that in jest or a serious comment
LC
I made that comment due to in experience and I'm not afraid to say it. I believed deer with that antler color to be penned. Especially considering the wierd deformed non-typical. I trully though this was a penned deer. Look at the deer on my canned hunting thread.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Honestly I think whoever this "Black Ram" person is has no affiliation to any of this discussion directly and this could be one of the best trolls ever in AO history.

Think about name choice....Dodge Dually = Black Ram

.....equals the longest running and well known troller on this forum...

I think we all been done played!!

LC
The crap that comes out of your mouth is second to none.........get a life buddy!
Old 12-09-2013, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Chick View Post
The crap that comes out of your mouth is second to none.........get a life buddy!
Do you know the reference to the black dually? If not go have a peak

LC
Closed Thread