Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 02-19-2008, 10:45 AM
bubbasno1

Default Sick of new threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
Funny how those who were sceaming the loudest about the lack of communication and all the cover ups have suddenly become mute once they became the ones in the know.....I'm confused.
Please read these two posts for information about the Calgary meeting.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showp...&postcount=204

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showp...&postcount=215

The info is all there.

As for the minutes of the meetig I just received them this morning after three requests to the co-chairs of the Working group which I am not a part of. I am going to review them and compare to the above two posts and if there is something that needs to be added or changed I will do that.

Bubba
Old 02-19-2008, 10:55 AM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbasno1 View Post
Please read these two posts for information about the Calgary meeting.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showp...&postcount=204

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showp...&postcount=215

The info is all there.

As for the minutes of the meetig I just received them this morning after three requests to the co-chairs of the Working group which I am not a part of. I am going to review them and compare to the above two posts and if there is something that needs to be added or changed I will do that.

Bubba
That's great news, thanks Bubba.....I'll anxiously await the posting of the minutes.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:42 PM
Gone Hunting

I two would like to see the Actual min. of the meeting so I can see what went on in the meeting. Not so much interested in reading someones personal opinion (particularly one so set against OSA) of what went on at the meeting. Not saying anyone in attendance would out right lie about what went on but people do sometimes put a slant on things and add little comments regarding what they think was meant by what was actually said.

Have a good one!

Robin in Rocky
Old 02-19-2008, 02:30 PM
bubbasno1

Default All candidate Forum

I know this has been posted before. I just wanted to add a reminder for anyone who was interested in going. This is the riding for Ted Morton and he is scheduled to be there.

All-Candidates Forum in Bragg Creek at the Bragg Creek Community Centre, 7 to 9 PM on February 21.

Bubba
Old 02-19-2008, 04:58 PM
bubbasno1

Default Summary of Calgary meeting

Here you go folks.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9mm0njpdiju

Just to let everyone know I have deleted the names from the list. I do not feel it is my place to publish peoples names to an open forum.

Bubba
Old 02-19-2008, 05:09 PM

Thanks.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:13 PM
SNIPER

I knew we could count on Bubba!!!!!!
Old 02-19-2008, 05:38 PM
Banned

Bubba..
Thank you for posting that.
However I must disagree with your idea of not posting names. It just adds to the secrecy that surrounds this project.

I would ask that you reconsider.

Jamie
Old 02-19-2008, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Bubba..
Thank you for posting that.
However I must disagree with your idea of not posting names. It just adds to the secrecy that surrounds this project.

I would ask that you reconsider.

Jamie
I think posting the names without their consent may tread into some mighty murky legal waters.
Good call I say.

There are no absolutes
Old 02-19-2008, 05:47 PM

Bubba - thanks for all your work on this and posting the minutes. That was an interesting read and from the way the stage was set at the start it would have been an interesting meeting to be at.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:54 PM
Banned

So how come we didn't have a problem posting names and putting up a sticky before?

I wonder if it is because people are afraid of a backlash now they have been invited to a meeting and they wish to be invited again.
I really do believe if your going to be a Rep for a group, your name should be available.

Was it mentioned at the meeting that name should be kept silent?

Jamie
Old 02-19-2008, 06:06 PM

I dont think any of the Government officials care either way, but likely the outfitter/landowner, and the landowners present might get a we tad testy if their names went up in print.
In the body of the document most of the big players are named anyways.
Jamie I dont know why this is bothering you, not knowing a couple names of landowners and ABA members present, or the whole bloody sham of how this project came to volition.
Plan behind closed door, do studies, pay consultants like Gates and Co. then flop it on the floor for all of us to bow and say wow it's great.
The process sucked big time, that's all I really need to know.
We got a single avenue of complaint right to Ted and Ed, and the rest of the lying coniving bood sucking elements of society we call Politicians.
Can you tell I'm Pizzed.
On with the public floggings I say

There are no absolutes
Old 02-19-2008, 06:09 PM
sheephunter

From LondDraw on closed thread...
Quote:
New and old is getting posted. Reading the minutes there were was really nothing that we did not already know- and that has not been posted.
Actually I learned several things that I was unaware of and a couple things quite contrary to what had been previously posted here...you might want to read a bit closer.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
I dont think any of the Government officials care either way, but likely the outfitter/landowner, and the landowners present might get a we tad testy if their names went up in print.
Jamie I dont know why this is bothering you, not knowing a couple names of landowners and ABA members present, or the whole bloody sham of how this project came to volition.
Plan behind closed door, do studies, pay consultants like Gates and Co. then flop it on the floor for all of us to bow and say wow it's great.
We got a single avenue of complaint right to Ted and Ed, and the rest of the lying coniving bood sucking elements of society we call Politicians.
Can you tell I'm Pizzed.
Dick has summarized what has taken up thousands of postings into a simple paragraph describing Open Spaces!

Perception is reality in this case!
Old 02-19-2008, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
Can you tell I'm Pizzed.
You know I agree with some of what you say Dick and vehemently disagree with some other points. My Grandma used to say "What's good for the goose is good for the gander." I think anyone who had the cojones to post an employees name and email many times should at least have half as much backbone to POST HIS OWN. Further more since he got that employee ran off the committee and he himself installed I want to know who he is responsible to.
I don't want some vague political promise crap about hunters for justice I want some responsibility. I like it when employees are there because they are worried about keeping their jobs. What controls an idealist? In my experience nothing, they just confuse the issues and when they don't feel they are being taken seriously they take their ball and go home.
So tell me why should I be happy when an amatuer is swimming with the sharks?
Old 02-19-2008, 06:35 PM

oHH, AND DID NO ONE NOTICE THE aheia AND hft stance on Open Spaces?
Old 02-19-2008, 06:36 PM

I thought some of them were claiming to have been run off the table?
Old 02-19-2008, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209x50 View Post
You know I agree with some of what you say Dick and vehemently disagree with some other points. My Grandma used to say "What's good for the goose is good for the gander." I think anyone who had the cojones to post an employees name and email many times should at least have half as much backbone to POST HIS OWN. Further more since he got that employee ran off the committee and he himself installed I want to know who he is responsible to.
I don't want some vague political promise crap about hunters for justice I want some responsibility. I like it when employees are there because they are worried about keeping their jobs. What controls an idealist? In my experience nothing, they just confuse the issues and when they don't feel they are being taken seriously they take their ball and go home.
So tell me why should I be happy when an amatuer is swimming with the sharks?
Havent we been down this road before? What's his name? He's going to take his ball go home? What's an Alberta Hunter for Justice?

Dude just posted the minutes that we all wanted and some demanded. What else don't you like? The font he used?

Yeah posting names would be great, then maybe some moron could phone one of the Landowners on the list and threaten them on behalf of AOB.

As for him being an Amateur...he got to the table so far all I'm seeing from the pro's is confusion.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:42 PM
Administrator

If this thread goes off into a flaming match, IT WILL BE CLOSED! C'mon everybody, I'm tired of trying to keep up with this stuff. Civil discussion or no discussion... period!
Old 02-19-2008, 07:52 PM
Gone Hunting

I just finished reading the minutes. This is not good......

keep a strain on er.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:58 PM

What stood out in your mind Pack?
Old 02-19-2008, 08:17 PM
Gone Hunting

I really wasnt sure what to think about the stance the ABA took?? Leaves me with nothing. Some of the groups that are made up of Alberta outdoorsmen and represent us as such stated that they would need time to review OS as it currently stands before voicing their individual stances. Everyone seems to want to please somebody by leaving this meeting in apparent good faith. I guess i was hoping to see alot more opposition. It appears very few stood up and said what they wanted to say, if indeed they wanted to vocally oppose. It looks to me like it was left wide open, and no doubt those that support it are gonna take eveyones pollitical standpoints at the end and use that silence/politeness, as a crowbar to see this thing through. I think it was left wide open, and now they are gonna run with it.

And ya, where were some of our larger voices..... I was impressed that the Drumheller fish and game had a rep there. Wish my club had sent someone to speak on my behalf. Not real sure about where the AFGA left off, just hope they exercise a bit of force, no matter the outcome.

Keep a strain on er.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:27 PM

Very good Pack, my thoughts exactly. There have been so many voices that are loud against this out in public that looked very much like they were in agreement at this meeting.
Another thing did anyone else notice what seems to be a conflict of interest in who is representing whom?
Old 02-19-2008, 08:29 PM
Gone Hunting

Need to print it and read it again for sure. A quick read through doesnt give a guy enough. Alot of information. Good thing there isnt a test, im tired.

So where does this end up now, when will they have the next meeting.

keep a strain on er.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:38 PM

I'm shocked at what seems to be duplicity by some of the people setting at the table. Now don't everybody get in an uproar I said what SEEMS to be duplicity. I could just be reading it wrong but some have made very strong statements very much in denial of what the minutes show.
I'm with you Pack it does make the head hurt and I don't know when the next meeting is.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:40 PM

The conflicts of interest start at the top on this one.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:40 PM
Gone Hunting

Mabey a better question might be, will there be another meeting? It appeared to me like this was going to be pushed on the fast track to implementation.

keep a strain on er.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:31 PM

[QUOTE=packhuntr;114456]I really wasnt sure what to think about the stance the ABA took?? Leaves me with nothing. Some of the groups that are made up of Alberta outdoorsmen and represent us as such stated that they would need time to review OS as it currently stands before voicing their individual stances. QUOTE]

Pack,

I'm a litle confused by this statement? The ABA is opposed to the OS initiative as was every other user group that was present at the Calgary meting that was not at the table through the process in the earlier stages as outlined in the minutes. AFGA said they would have more of a mandate after their AGM, again outlined in the minutes. Every group that opposed it did so to be on record via the minutes. There was no shouting or screaming, everyone for or against spoke their mind in a diplomatic fashion.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packhuntr View Post
Mabey a better question might be, will there be another meeting? It appeared to me like this was going to be pushed on the fast track to implementation.

keep a strain on er.
The way the meeting was Adjourned it seemed somewhat likely that there will be more meetings, but who really knows? SRD, or anyone else for that metter would not confirm or deny that this is going to happen this season. Cliff Henderson (SRD rep.) expressed that more time was needed to review and get local feedback, and he said he would express this to the Minister. I was left with the impression that it is now only up to the Minister to put OS in place.

Hope that helps a little?
Old 02-19-2008, 09:42 PM
sheephunter

I can't help but have the feeling that I'm a bit out of the loop on Open Spaces and there is an entire sharing of info that I'm unaware of. These comments were made by Ike and LongDraw respectively today...

Quote:
There are numerous other ways to communicate TJ and some of them are more efficent than a message board.

Not all communication takes place on this forum

Reading the minutes there were was really nothing that we did not already know
How can I become more informed and privvy to this communication and perhaps not have to bother members here for what some of you view as old and redundant info.

Thanks!