Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 04-23-2011, 01:42 PM

Just buggin ya jp I see you been busy with ata ,good thing youre doing.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPRT View Post
Unfortunately I see quite a bit of speculation in what you call fact. I personally saw a well rounded crowd in Grande Prairie and I believe that all of the groups you mention were represented there. This was however just a vote to pursue the DAO however and I would like to take this time to thank all of the members of the ATA exectutive that are working so hard to promote the future of trapping!!!
Gordy filled Grande Prairie with people he knew would vote the way he wanted them to
Old 04-23-2011, 06:37 PM

tomatoe tow ma toe lol
Old 04-23-2011, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastElk View Post
Gordy filled Grande Prairie with people he knew would vote the way he wanted them to
Old 04-24-2011, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastElk View Post
WOW He must be a powerfull man to do that!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Banned

===
Old 04-25-2011, 04:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPRT View Post
WOW He must be a powerfull man to do that!!!!!!!!!

Now that's funny, I don't care where your from!!..LOL
Old 04-25-2011, 10:50 PM

Gordy had nothing to do with attendance.

People that wanted to go went.

People that did not want to go did not go.

The end.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:02 AM

Default Wondering

I was just wondering who this, huntfishtrap is ???? Is he on here just to stir the pot of all the unknown's of the ATA/DAO or he is he a legitiamate trapper, or just another confused Liberal ?? He sure seems to get banned a lot.

Just wondering ??
Old 04-27-2011, 09:50 AM
Administrator

He is a multiple name user who we have slowly been weeding out. ILUVTRAPPING, wolfklr, shetrapper and huntfishtrap have all been the same person. Anything posted by this person should be viewed for what it is... nothing more than a troll.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:30 PM

Thanks Rob,

I think more than one of us suspected something like that.............
Old 04-28-2011, 07:22 AM

Default Credit is due

I guess we can all say what we want on here, but who ever this guy is, he sure did bring up some valid points that a lot of people are to scared or do not want to voice thier own opinions, like him or not he is trying to help the people that care about what's going to happen to trapping in the future that do not have the knowledge or skills to be able to go on sites like this and ask questions.
He's kind of like a pet Skunk, you don't like him around but you don't want to get rid of him either !!!! lol
Old 04-28-2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby61 View Post
I guess we can all say what we want on here, but who ever this guy is, he sure did bring up some valid points that a lot of people are to scared or do not want to voice thier own opinions, like him or not he is trying to help the people that care about what's going to happen to trapping in the future that do not have the knowledge or skills to be able to go on sites like this and ask questions.
He's kind of like a pet Skunk, you don't like him around but you don't want to get rid of him either !!!! lol
Kinda makes me wonder
Old 04-28-2011, 02:57 PM
Banned

You damn rights he has brought up- A LOT- of points that have never been answered and there are lots more that have never yet been tabled, however, as soon as it appears that there is someone, with the KAHOONAHS, (?) to venture forth, they are shut down and banished to cyberland.. There are trappers out there, other than the disciples, who have info from as far up the ladder as anyone and that info does not correlate to the cabbage we have been fed. Take a look at the # of viewings and tell me that- NO ONE - wants answers...The questions raised were only the tip of the iceberg and see what happens..
The majority of those, who have puter skills, are "reluctant" to speak and for good reason.. I have been warned myself, as diplomatic as I try to be. And as I have said many times B4, most trappers will just set back and let someone else speak for them.. As one who has been on the exec., I thought as a director, it was a two way street - info from the members was passed up and info from the "MOUNT" was passed back.. not any more.
If somethings don't get straightened out soon, there could be an exodus from the ATA as there was in Egypt... maybe not quite so many---I digress .
Old 04-28-2011, 09:19 PM

Old 04-29-2011, 07:39 AM

Default Questions and answers

Sourdough Doug is correct....seems everyone is scared to ask questions the one's that do, are banished or shot down. I think there's just no one that can answer any of the questions honestly and fairly and that's why it pi!@#$ everyone off so bad, so the mafia just keeps following and agreeing, not knowing any better. Remarks from my last post, like, MAKES ME WONDER....what the he-- is that ?? Is this all these people can say are stupid remarks like this. Like my mother always told me growing up....if you have nothing to say, keep it shut !!!!
Old 04-29-2011, 09:35 AM

As Wolfcrazy mentioned in one of his first posts meetings can and are being set up to discuss the issues with those in the know ( keeping in mind it is a work in progress). One such meeting is happening in Peace River soon. That is likely a better way to find out answers in a nonconfrontational way rather than trying to create a riot like the fellow that has numerous ID's on here. That is not to say that once the DAO is fleshed out that we are all going to follow like sheep but we are willing to wait and find out the truth rather than jumping to conclusions. It is also quite likely that we won't like everything about it but perhaps can live with it as there is always a bit of give and take involved.

I think we can all agree that it is better to deal with facts than hearsay and I see people on here looking for facts and all you will get is suppositions and speculation (there are lots of facts but how do you really know that is what they are?).

As for the amount of folks logging on to this discussion it is at times entertainment to see what folks come up with next.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:10 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Sourdough Doug is correct....seems everyone is scared to ask questions the one's that do, are banished or shot down.
The only one who was ever banished was the same person.... it just seems like a more but in reality it was only one person. The rules of the forum state quite clearly that having multiple user names will result in a permanent ban. This fellow even went so far as to post within the same thread under different names trying to advance his arguments... how could you ever trust a person like that?

Just checked your past history Doug... you have never been issued a warning.

Last edited by Rob Miskosky; 04-29-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:38 AM

Smile

it seems like there are to many different parties,treaty metis etc to get everyone on board for something like this,how would they handle treaty traplines?right now only another treaty can get a trapline that a treaty owns,i don't know much about it except what i have read here but it seems like there would be some pretty big hurdles to get over to make it actually happen
Old 05-04-2011, 12:11 PM

This DAO process has been dragging on for so long and perceived issues and drivers seem to change I'm unclear as to what is fact and fiction anymore , and if there is any clearcut value to trappers of persuing a DAO. Until such time that the facts are are presented properly, I cannot buy-in and support this nebulous initiative. Perhaps its time to reevaluate the ATAs energys hijacked in persuit of the DAO and turn to something more PR friendly and positive such as promoting the educational DVD. Interestingly enough driving by the local Fish & Game building their sign has written on it in bold letters "Education Center" ... I wonder what could the new ATA building could counter with "DAO or BUST" ..
By continuing down this divisive and distracting DAO trail of the past few years , what or who is really going to benefit in the end ?
Old 05-11-2011, 08:02 PM

Default Dao

I see the scare tactics are out again in the last JM news letter that if the DAO does not go through, there will be no more RFMA and No Cabins ??? I think anyone that has half a brain, knows better than to believe this BS.
I know for a fact that some well known life long trappers and very good trappers just had meeting with the Deputy Minister and a few others at the Alberta Legislature in Edmonton and they were told the complete opposite. So for those people that read these and do not speak with a fork tongue,wait for the word to come out from people that matter before jumping to any conclutions.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:37 PM

Quote:
I see the scare tactics are out again in the last JM news letter that if the DAO does not go through, there will be no more RFMA and No Cabins ??? I think anyone that has half a brain, knows better than to believe this BS.
I know for a fact that some well known life long trappers and very good trappers just had meeting with the Deputy Minister and a few others at the Alberta Legislature in Edmonton and they were told the complete opposite. So for those people that read these and do not speak with a fork tongue,wait for the word to come out from people that matter before jumping to any conclutions.
Do you have that in writing?

I wouldn't be betting your pay cheque on it!