Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 07-19-2016, 05:56 PM
Banned

Default Application for a Trapline

Here is the form. I hope it loads ok.RFMA Application Form 2016 (1).pdf
Old 07-19-2016, 06:01 PM

Thanks Martinnordegg! I was wondering what was on the application. One stumbling block I see is that you must include copies of all licenses in prior years. I doubt I'm the only one who doesn't keep track of expired licenses.
Old 07-19-2016, 06:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFNG View Post
Thanks Martinnordegg! I was wondering what was on the application. One stumbling block I see is that you must include copies of all licenses in prior years. I doubt I'm the only one who doesn't keep track of expired licenses.
You can get them from your old SRD files from the administrator.
Old 07-19-2016, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinnordegg View Post
You can get them from your old SRD files from the administrator.
Thank you. I doubt I have the needed experience but it won't hurt to start preparing.
Old 07-19-2016, 07:56 PM

So when are they supposed to start using this ???

Because as of 3 weeks ago they were not.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkdiesel View Post
So when are they supposed to start using this ???

Because as of 3 weeks ago they were not.
As I see it Jeff it is in effect now. They said it is for the 2016 season which means now... Please feel free to correct me but that is part of why I am a little excited about things. Basically it has been stuffed down your throat.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
As I see it Jeff it is in effect now. They said it is for the 2016 season which means now... Please feel free to correct me but that is part of why I am a little excited about things. Basically it has been stuffed down your throat.
It would indeed look that way. I guess the group of whiny poor me's I'm too lazy to work harder for what I want have more voice then the ones that have the lines now. It certainly would have been great to at least be consulted.
What other public group has ever not at least had a voice ?

I want all Traplines used to there potential and certainly don't support people buying them just to have a cabin, but to say I can't sell an asset is pure bull****.

As for when this will really take effect in all areas I'm not sure, the Bio in GP isn't
Old 07-19-2016, 08:57 PM

Quote:
It would indeed look that way. I guess the group of whiny poor me's I'm too lazy to work harder for what I want have more voice then the ones that have the lines now. It certainly would have been great to at least be consulted.
What other public group has ever not at least had a voice ?

I want all Traplines used to there potential and certainly don't support people buying them just to have a cabin, but to say I can't sell an asset is pure bull****.

As for when this will really take effect in all areas I'm not sure, the Bio in GP isn't
So last i talked with you the other day you didn't think all this was a big issue but I can see you are starting to see a little in what some of this means to us all.
Yes it usually is the has not that whine and make changes. Thing is when there is change it usually does not mean for the better these days.

I agree the ones not using their lines need to loose them plain and simple but there are more changes going on that seem like there is another agenda here.

I know for myself I will be applying if there is a line available. Maybe I will get a freebee lol I love trapping and I think I can handle a couple lines no problem. It actually would be awesome to rotate areas and you wouldn't ever have to worry about overharvesting. Sure would be nice to be handed one of those nice mountain lines that nobody uses as well......I know i would love to kill every wolf I could in a mountain zone and save some sheep. It would be my main priority....
Old 07-19-2016, 09:07 PM

I'm not sure what this form is for? Is it to buy a line that is up for sale? Or??
Old 07-19-2016, 09:11 PM

Quote:
So last i talked with you the other day you didn't think all this was a big issue but I can see you are starting to see a little in what some of this means to us all.
Yes it usually is the has not that whine and make changes. Thing is when there is change it usually does not mean for the better these days.

I agree the ones not using their lines need to loose them plain and simple but there are more changes going on that seem like there is another agenda here.

I know for myself I will be applying if there is a line available. Maybe I will get a freebee lol I love trapping and I think I can handle a couple lines no problem. It actually would be awesome to rotate areas and you wouldn't ever have to worry about overharvesting. Sure would be nice to be handed one of those nice mountain lines that nobody uses as well......I know i would love to kill every wolf I could in a mountain zone and save some sheep. It would be my main priority....
I guess it just looks a little more real when the government rolls out a form, that apparently they've been working at for a while.
We'll see what plays out I guess
Old 07-19-2016, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushmonkey View Post
I'm not sure what this form is for? Is it to buy a line that is up for sale? Or??
You don't have to buy them anymore Bushmonkey. You just apply for one that somebody spent a lot of money on and poured there blood sweat and tears into. Then you get it for free
Old 07-19-2016, 09:44 PM

Quote:
You don't have to buy them anymore Bushmonkey. You just apply for one that somebody spent a lot of money on and poured there blood sweat and tears into. Then you get it for free
But of course you have to have enough experience which a lot won't have... or you need to have a friend who is in charge or the process who will pull a fast one for you. Maybe if you grease the right pockets you will get one easy enough....
Old 07-19-2016, 09:51 PM

Quote:
I would hope in most cases the line would go to the junior with experience on the line. You'll just have to sell to a junior.

There's also a score sheet to go along with the application but I've been unable to locate it online.
Old 07-19-2016, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFNG View Post
I would hope in most cases the line would go to the junior with experience on the line. You'll just have to sell to a junior.

There's also a score sheet to go along with the application but I've been unable to locate it online.
Sounds good in theory but if I am not mistaken this is not how it goes. It goes to whoever the Bio thinks is best which could be interpreted in so many ways.
What happens if I was the next door SR holder of a line and says u know what I have been trapping pretty hard for the past X amount of years on my line and I would like to expand so I want that line and i have more experience than that JR applying for it.....
Guess it's time to sign up for some course for me and putting checkmarks on a list .....
Old 07-19-2016, 10:09 PM

Did I misunderstand the portion about prior native claims? Would that be against lines not currently held by natives? That would be one of my concerns if I had a line to sell.

I feel for the guys who bought lines and now there is uncertainty in the transfers.

nube it seems like having all the boxes ticked off will be important. I think trappers courses will be well attended in the near future.
Old 07-19-2016, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Sounds good in theory but if I am not mistaken this is not how it goes. It goes to whoever the Bio thinks is best which could be interpreted in so many ways.
What happens if I was the next door SR holder of a line and says u know what I have been trapping pretty hard for the past X amount of years on my line and I would like to expand so I want that line and i have more experience than that JR applying for it.....
Guess it's time to sign up for some course for me and putting checkmarks on a list .....
Hard to imagine that a private individual would end up with all the courses his company offers on a government document?
Old 07-20-2016, 07:02 AM

Vacant RFMAs shall only be assigned through a competitive application process to ensure the most appropriate trapper is selected. As licenses are not transferable under the Wildlife Regulations, there is no mechanism to enable transfers or conditional relinquishments of Registered Fur Management Licences (RFMLs).
 Beginning in 2017, vacant RFMAs to be allocated shall be posted publicly at local Alberta Environment and Parks (AEP) offices from June 1st to July 31st, and applications will only be accepted during this period. Vacancies of designated First Nations RFMAs will also be posted at the relevant Band Office, but applications will only be received at the AEP office. Our intent is to also post vacancies on a dedicated website, but this process is not yet available.

The application will not be required until June 1 2017. This is what I read from the admin FAQ that SPRUCE posted.
Old 07-20-2016, 07:30 AM
Banned

RFMA for application.pdf
Old 07-20-2016, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinnordegg View Post
Well there you have it folks. Not sure what the background is behind this one but the proof is in the pudding or so they say.
I don't see any assets listed on here, I guess that's of no concern to the provincial government
Old 07-20-2016, 08:28 AM

where did you get the posting for the open trapline from?
Old 07-20-2016, 09:43 AM

Well we sure have seen the agenda of some of our own to push this process through.
Kinda sucks to get bit by your own kind.
I have just lost a ton of respect for some individuals in the trapping community. Sad part is there is no way I can get away with putting money in their pocket in the end. Well played is all I got to say for now.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:44 AM

Tork, this is the trapline that husband passed away and widow wanted help to transfer line to her name, either sell line/assets or save it for her son. The new reality!
Old 07-20-2016, 07:34 PM

I think that what will happen now is, if a senior is not trapping his line, then he will get a couple juniors to trap it for him. So this way his license will be renewed.

These people will always have a way around it.

Just my opinion,
Old 07-20-2016, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
Tork, this is the trapline that husband passed away and widow wanted help to transfer line to her name, either sell line/assets or save it for her son. The new reality!
That makes me absolutely sick to my stomach these bottom feeding facking leeches would ever stoop to taking away a families line like that. That line should go to his boy if and when he wants it no. 1. If not then the asset should be sold and the money goes to his family.

And as far as the beneficiaries of these "required" courses that just happen to all come from one private company. I'll never spend another cent in that store. !!!

Pretend to be one of us ? If you knew about why not say something?

Last edited by catnthehat; 07-21-2016 at 04:09 PM.
Old 07-20-2016, 11:02 PM

How is there anyone to prove that head Fish and wildlife officer of the area isn't giving the line to his cousin?
Old 07-21-2016, 11:48 AM

Quote:
That makes me absolutely sick to my stomach these bottom feeding facking leeches would ever stoop to taking away a families line like that. That line should go to his boy if and when he wants it no. 1. If not then the asset should be sold and the money goes to his family.

And as far as the beneficiaries of these "required" courses that just happen to all come from one private company. Fack You !!! I'll never spend another cent in that store. Pure bull**** !!!

Pretend to be one of us, then pull this **** ? If you knew about why not say something?
Which company Tork? I think I'm playing catch-up and some posts have been removed in a couple of threads that are going on right now......
Old 07-21-2016, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddave View Post
Which company Tork? I think I'm playing catch-up and some posts have been removed in a couple of threads that are going on right now......
The two companies that are currently owned by past presidents of the ATA
Old 07-21-2016, 03:47 PM

I wonder that now I have all said courses, I must be more qualified than most senior line holders. What ever will I do with all these traplines. NOT!! I have taken these courses to better myself and the fur bearers I trap, Every course I have taken I have learned something for the better to help me trap in the 21st century.
Old 07-22-2016, 10:46 AM

Quote:
The two companies that are currently owned by past presidents of the ATA
That's just greasy......
Old 07-23-2016, 11:03 PM

"Originally Posted by Torkdiesel
The two companies that are currently owned by past presidents of the ATA"

. You should know better. I watch what some of you trappers do to your fellow trappers and wonder what the heck is wrong with you? Trappers won't get pulled down by anti's, their own members are eager to screw them.

Get your facts right, and prove them. or shut up

Last edited by catnthehat; 07-24-2016 at 07:49 AM.