Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 11-14-2011, 06:23 PM

Default slow death hooks.

anybody no were to pick them up in calgary area, not in are local stores ?.. later..................140.jpglooked on ebay only have size 9
Old 11-14-2011, 06:28 PM

Canadian Tire
Old 11-14-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout Addict View Post
Canadian Tire
thats were i always check first,,no go
Old 11-14-2011, 07:21 PM

What size were you looking for? CT and Walmart usually have them. If you don't need them right away, I can keep my eyes open and let you know if I see any. Not sure when I am going to either of those places again though.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanee9 View Post
What size were you looking for? CT and Walmart usually have them. If you don't need them right away, I can keep my eyes open and let you know if I see any. Not sure when I am going to either of those places again though.
txs kokanee9. i appreciate that found them on fishusa.coms page .tired off paying for shipping, i have been looking,and yes if you do see pls let me no size 2 and 4 if you see them txs man
Old 11-14-2011, 07:28 PM

I have 24 packs of various sizes, your welcome to them. when i get home i'll find them
Old 11-14-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
I have 24 packs of various sizes, your welcome to them. when i get home i'll find them
awesome txs chubbs....
Old 11-14-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
Have you used them very often chubb?

I have tried them a few times and they seem to get me quite a few smaller fish but I don't think I have landed a legal on one yet. I usually just stick to a spinner rig or lindy rig depending on the speeds I am wanting to go.

I have seen them for sale at Canadian tire, Walmart, and wholesale sports in Lethbridge.

I would have thought that pretty much any tackle shop would carry them in Calgary but I guess that isn't the case.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:17 PM

BPS i have seen them there
Old 11-14-2011, 08:30 PM

Smile

hey nate. my brother has been using them at port maitland in ontario (lake erie ) and he has been smashing walleye with them the last 2 weeks. hes been bottom bouncing .very slow either drifting with his presentation or trying to mantain 1 mile per hr. im sure hes using his socks to keep him slow.
He adds some beads and scents and off he goes...
was invited to wss last saturday for an after hour sale that i should off went to , big savings and could not make it might off been some there..ps txs steve for the invite.but last time at wss could not find hooks.or at walmart or ct as i live next store to one.

really want to try and jig a setup this winter,never no i have caught a pike on a bare hook lol ,,,,IMG_4837.jpghe sent me this pic just now and caught alot today.. he said mostly all the same size,,but catching lots using these slow death hooks,

Last edited by Eddy62; 11-14-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:32 PM

Ya I have had days where I have laid the boots to the smaller fish but I have never had success getting legals with that rig.

I won't give up on it but it definitely isn't my first choice when I hit the water for a day.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:40 PM

WSS has them, saw them there the other day when i was getting some more mustads.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by parnavi View Post
hey nate. my brother has been using them at port maitland in ontario (lake erie ) and he has been smashing walleye with them the last 2 weeks. hes been bottom bouncing .very slow either drifting with his presentation or trying to mantain 1 mile per hr. im sure hes using his socks to keep him slow.
He adds some beads and scents and off he goes...
was invited to wss last saturday for an after hour sale that i should off went to , big savings and could not make it might off been some there..ps txs steve for the invite.but last time at wss could not find hooks.or at walmart or ct as i live next store to one.

really want to try and jig a setup this winter,never no i have caught a pike on a bare hook lol ,,,,Attachment 42402he sent me this pic just now and caught alot today.. he said mostly all the same size,,but catching lots using these slow death hooks,
Does he fish connors or around the island off rock.