Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 10-13-2012, 10:08 AM

Default Sticky for fly Tying Videos?

I was wondering about a sticky for videos, as there alot of tyers in here. I know youtube is full of them also, but I was thinking for patterns that work in Alberta.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:44 AM

I can't sit through a video when the recipe and a picture are available, and was going to suggest that. Having thought it through, most, especially people starting out would probably prefer the video. As you say they are everywhere, on youtube and other sites. Maybe just a fly sticky and you can post whatever you want pic and recipe or video. I frequent other fly fishing sites and from what I've seen, people are not that interested in how to tie, maybe most buy? Fly tying forum has the most flies and recipes, but the assumption is that you know how to tie so it's a little light on the how to. I do like the idea of local patterns though.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:58 PM

Vids are great (I love the huge number on youtube these days)....particularly fantastic for patterns for which tying order or techniques are not intuitive. Fly Tying Forum is great, but sadly the database search is still broken, so a sticky link to Alberta patterns would be great both for tyers and for those looking to find which patterns work here.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off in the Bushes View Post
I was wondering about a sticky for videos, as there alot of tyers in here. I know youtube is full of them also, but I was thinking for patterns that work in Alberta.
What a great idea!!!!
Old 11-05-2012, 06:45 PM

maybe a sticky with just recipe sand pictures. A quick way to look up a fly that someone on the forum has posted about, but maybe one you can't remember what it looks like.