Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-16-2011, 04:26 AM

Default Anyone running studded UTV tires?

Needed for about 14 days of hunting only... sheet metal screws or pony up for the real deal....I'm torn between cost and quality.... Any advice???
Old 11-16-2011, 06:34 AM
Banned

camoplast tatou 4s tracks, cheaper than a new sled or quad i guess but transform your machine to a snow wizard

2 machines in one, save your money and you always have a late season option, should you decide to get in on other late season opps like dec/jan elk etc. etc.

i have them for my foreman 500 foot shift with power steering, the ultimate extraction device, incredible, get on youtube and search the cheniles (french name for tracks i presume?) look for the videos of the white foreman 400 with some tracks and snorkel to get an idea of what they can do, stuff a sled would never get out of, quebec gets some snow and that guy is crazy, always looking for the deepest hole to overcome

contact ken at octane motorsports in calgary off blackfoot and 53rd if you want access to the best tracks available

my rhino has done ok with 27x9 bighorns on all four corners but even when a buddy tried chains on a quad thinking it was the answer for winter...deep snow it was not the answer, studs will do fine with ice, if its snow you want to deal with then tracks are the bomb
Old 11-16-2011, 10:44 AM

Spend the $90 and use the real deal. By the end of the 14 days you won’t have any sheet metal screws left in your tires. They eventually all rip out.
I run a set in my quad tires in the winter for running up and down the creek. You won’t regret it.

Oh yeah be careful they are hard on cement floors and truck boxes.

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Benelli, Sako, Beretta, Tikka, Franchi, Burris, & Steiner