Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-24-2015, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacenbeers View Post
Here is my little bull from yesterday

Attachment 114692
Congrats on getting your Bull, I just love seeing all the different pictures with hunters and their harvests this year, thank you for posting your picture up...Awesome!
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 11-24-2015, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacenbeers View Post
Here is my little bull from yesterday

Attachment 114692
Well done Jason!
Old 11-25-2015, 07:56 AM

Tagged out day 1. Thankful because the weather looked miserable for the guys on day two. We needed to walk in low ground on three stalks for about 800-1000. The herds are spooky now, a good lot of folks were either just spotting Monday or truck hunting. It didn't look effective to stay close to the truck unless you are looking to take very very long shots. On foot, we stalked within 400 yards and made a very good shot. 4x4.
Base staff were very good. Organized. Were on the field by say 715 or so. All the hunters that we interacted with seemed to be decent and respectful.
"I came to Ottawa with the firm belief that the only people in this country who should have guns are police officers and soldiers."

NEVER FORGET:
— Allan Rock, Canada's Minister of Justice
Maclean's "Taking aim on guns", 1994 April 25, Vol.107 Issue 17, page 12.

"... protection of life is NOT a legitimate use for a firearm in this country sir! Not! That is expressly ruled out!".

— Justice Minister Allan Rock

Last edited by JeanCretien; 11-25-2015 at 08:04 AM.
Old 11-25-2015, 08:59 AM

Congratulations to the people who figured out they can take pictures when they get off the base !

REALLY --- thanks for the pictures and stories from people that were actually there, and followed the original intent of this thread.

It is very sad to read through all the BS and negativity on this topic. It is what it is and years from now when it is over people won't believe this happened.

I want to go soooooo bad. If anyone needs a helper I am available.

Can someone tell me how long I can expect to wait to be drawn? I have entered 2 years in row now.
Old 11-25-2015, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holeshot View Post
Congratulations to the people who figured out they can take pictures when they get off the base !

REALLY --- thanks for the pictures and stories from people that were actually there, and followed the original intent of this thread.

It is very sad to read through all the BS and negativity on this topic. It is what it is and years from now when it is over people won't believe this happened.

I want to go soooooo bad. If anyone needs a helper I am available.

Can someone tell me how long I can expect to wait to be drawn? I have entered 2 years in row now.
Have a look at the Draw results, which are located here for each species and find the Draw Code that you want.
http://www.mywildalberta.com/hunting...t/Default.aspx

Mark
Old 01-11-2016, 08:29 PM

Default Stupid question....

Do you have to be there the first day of the hunt to sign in or can you show up on day 2 for the briefing?
Old 01-13-2016, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatEater View Post
Do you have to be there the first day of the hunt to sign in or can you show up on day 2 for the briefing?
any day as long as you're at the briefing.
Old 01-21-2016, 04:42 PM

FN can hunt at night on crown land, its official. supreme court ruling.
Old 01-21-2016, 05:03 PM

Default Curious

I am curious, can FN be stopped from taking a mule deer or Antelope while on the base elk killing?
Old 01-21-2016, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Curl Earl View Post
I am curious, can FN be stopped from taking a mule deer or Antelope while on the base elk killing?
All hunters are specifically told at the morning briefing that ONLY elk may be shot. Can they (legally) be stopped, I do not know.
Old 01-21-2016, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post
All hunters are specifically told at the morning briefing that ONLY elk may be shot. Can they (legally) be stopped, I do not know.
That's only the tip of the iceberg. What's taking place outside the base, which was virtually unprecedented for the area up until a couple of years ago, is now the problem and many of the area landowners are very sorry they let that cat out of the proverbial bag on their own land. Now we'll see if they can get it back in and I wish them luck.

It is a total management train wreck courtesy of ESRD that they were warned of for years and took no heed......
Old 01-21-2016, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Curl Earl View Post
if its open for hunting fn can hunt any species they are governed under federal laws not provincial laws
Old 01-22-2016, 09:25 PM

Default Mods-Please delete this thread

This thread has veered a long ways from its original intent, that being to share pics of Suffield elk.
Please delete this thread.