Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-24-2015, 10:56 PM

Default Antlerless Mule deer in WMU 252

Hi folks,

I hope everyone is having a good hunting season.

I was wondering if I could get some tips from you as to where I may find a late season big fat Mule deer doe? Hahaha.

I put in for this draw after constantly seeing mule deers on and around the piece of land I had permission on and was certain that bagging one won't be a hassle.

Long story short, not a single mule deer seen so far. Last week I went out about north of Mundare to try and secure permission after spotting some but I had one heck of a time.

With barely a week left in the season, I will definetly be going out again in a couple of days and would appreciate if anyone of you could spare some tips. Or GPS coordinates to your main honey hole will do just fine too lol. I certainly don't mind sharing the kill with some one who appreciates the wild game as much as I do.

Thanks and good luck to you on your next hunt.
Old 11-27-2015, 02:36 PM

there was a bunch around chipman last week, I managed to shoot one but it was only a yearling, was in a group of 3. The mule population seems to be better then whitetail around here.... Lots of private land and its hard to get permission where I see the most of em.
Old 11-27-2015, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colour86 View Post
there was a bunch around chipman last week, I managed to shoot one but it was only a yearling, was in a group of 3. The mule population seems to be better then whitetail around here.... Lots of private land and its hard to get permission where I see the most of em.
Appreciate your response, thats about one of the few places I haven't looked.
I bird hunt in 252 quite often and mostly see mule deers running around, but now that I have a tag, non to be found only white tails haha
Old 11-27-2015, 08:25 PM

Np. Saw a group of 4 on the way home today at last light. On hwy 834 between yellowhead and chipman about 5km south of chipman. Good luck!