Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-24-2015, 01:01 PM

There is a real solid right there , Dick!
Cat
Old 11-24-2015, 01:37 PM

With the help of a couple AO members, we have tracked down the owner in Fort Mac. Arrangements are being made to get the back pack with stuff back to the Mac.

Dick284, thanks for the offer, if we can't find a AO express from Edmonton to the Mac I will put it on the greyhound at my cost. Can't be that much. You can pay it forward for someone who needs a favor in DV if you like.

If anyone is going up to Fort Mac in the next while from Edmonton, let me know if you want to take this back pack up. I would feel safer knowing it's contents wont be pillaged while on route on a bus. I will sit on it for a couple days and see if i get any takers, if not i will put it in a box and on a bus and ship it up to Mr Cat, he will deliver it as he was the one who knocked on this guys door for me.

Thanks Cat and elkhunter1234 for your time and help.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoseto View Post
This may have been better as a first step instead of discussing his health on a public forum. I say that because the same privacy laws that make it difficult for you to get info on him can play a role if he disagrees with your effort. Hopefully he would understand and just appreciate what you've done though.
All i did was mention the pills he takes to help narrow a search in case his friends may be on here, i don't think it's a deal breaker as i talked to the owner of said pack and he is just glad to be getting it back as some of the items inside were given to him by his kids. He thought it was long gone.

All good
Old 11-24-2015, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
All i did was mention the pills he takes to help narrow a search in case his friends may be on here, i don't think it's a deal breaker as i talked to the owner of said pack and he is just glad to be getting it back as some of the items inside were given to him by his kids. He thought it was long gone.

All good
Regardless of the individual's preferences, no laws were violated. A name does not uniquely identify the individual, otherwise phone books would be illegal.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:01 PM

What a great story and a great thread!

Good job guys.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:04 PM

Glad you tracked him down sooner. You are a real stand up kinda guy.

Jim..
Old 11-24-2015, 02:28 PM

Right on, Nice work to all involved in making all this happen.

cohod
Old 11-24-2015, 05:15 PM
Banned

Well done.

Good Karma enroute
Old 11-24-2015, 05:30 PM

I'm heading to the Bonneyville fur handling workshop on Saturday Nov 28th, and am more than willing to get it from Bonneyville to the owner, first class delivery on the 30th into McMurray.

If it's an option.

Great to hear everyone helped out.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:36 PM

My hats off to all those members that helped to get that pack back where it belonged...you are all good people! Awesome Bunch!
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 11-24-2015, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post

All good
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcon View Post
Regardless of the individual's preferences, no laws were violated. A name does not uniquely identify the individual, otherwise phone books would be illegal.

I'm glad it worked out.
Personally, I wouldn't be taking any chances with someone's info though. You'd be surprised what might upset someone when most wouldn't bat an eye if treated similarly. Just would want people to err on the side of caution rather than face some ridiculous situation.
Great thread, great response from both sides. Glad to see common courtesy exists
Old 11-24-2015, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoseto View Post
I'm glad it worked out.
Personally, I wouldn't be taking any chances with someone's info though. You'd be surprised what might upset someone when most wouldn't bat an eye if treated similarly. Just would want people to err on the side of caution rather than face some ridiculous situation.
Great thread, great response from both sides. Glad to see common courtesy exists
no biggy if that was the attitude, I just would have told him we would put it back in the bush where it was found!
Cat
Old 11-24-2015, 06:35 PM

Talked to the pack owner, all is good. Either by AO express, greyhound or the owner may have some family coming through Edmonton in a bit. One way or the other the goods will get back to him. It can sit here if it has to.

But if your going up and can deliver it to the Mac and Cat, he will hand deliver it.

Thanks
Old 11-24-2015, 09:19 PM

Great job, guys.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:24 PM

Well done, everyone.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
no biggy if that was the attitude, I just would have told him we would put it back in the bush where it was found!
Cat
More parents these days need to handle situations just like you suggest.
Ungrateful little entitled brats run rampant
Old 11-25-2015, 01:21 AM

Default Super good to hear !

I could never say enough good about some of the stand up members on this site! Glad to hear another great story of going the distance to help each other out and putting a bit more faith in humanity .
Old 11-25-2015, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkchaser View Post
I could never say enough good about some of the stand up members on this site! Glad to hear another great story of going the distance to help each other out and putting a bit more faith in humanity .
^^ This sums it up.
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 11-25-2015, 05:54 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Thumbs up

See good people walk amongst us, we just got to reach out or take a hand and help.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-25-2015, 11:05 AM

Back Pack will be dropped off at his nieces apt tonite in Edmonton and it will soon on its way back to the owner. As Hannibal from the A team always said: I love it when a plan comes together.

No need to find a ride up to the Mac, this one should be a closed file soon.

Thanks for looking.
Old 11-25-2015, 11:39 AM

Nice to read about honest people returning others property. Good job guys.