Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-26-2007, 04:07 AM

Angry Stolen Tree Stand

Went out with my brother to check cameras in 406 and when we got there, found some scumbag had stolen his Rivers Edge XL Tree stand - took the stand, tree strap and hauling rope - musta been in a rush and left the steps. Dissappointing start to the season!
Old 08-26-2007, 04:57 AM

Seems this happens every year. A sad way to start the season. Nex ttime you should throw aCamera in the tree beside it.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:38 AM
101sonny

Default TreeStand

Quote:
Went out with my brother to check cameras
Hopefully there will be a pic or two of the scum bag on your camera??Stay positive
Old 08-26-2007, 08:04 AM
50BMG

maybe someone thought you were doing something illegal and took it into fish and game

Hope you find the *****hat that did take it
Old 08-26-2007, 02:06 PM

I usually chain mine with a lock, but a buddy has his stolen earlier this year. They cut the tree down, and slid the chain off. That drives me crazy. What bothers me even more is that we are the only ones with permission to hunt this area.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50BMG View Post
maybe someone thought you were doing something illegal and took it into fish and game

Hope you find the *****hat that did take it
Reported it to fish and game on the way out and the officer hadnt heard of one being turned in. Unfortunately, he barely knew what a treestand was or that the bow season was starting in the area in 2 weeks (I will say he was busy looking for a missing female camper, so I will cut him some slack).

I hope that Fish and Game finds him before I or my brother does - we have dreamed a whole bunch of ways to deal with the culprit. Suffice it to say some small oozing wound on an immobilized target with nightfall and predator calls.... anyhow, enough said. There shoudl be special draws on people that steal peoples stuff out of the woods.