Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-12-2011, 12:43 AM

Default 50 million,theres no telling where the money went

G 20 and no paper trail,,,why did this not come out before the election.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by great white whaler View Post
All I can find is on this is that the report is nearly ready to be released. Pretty tough to release information that isn't ready yet. Could you post a link to the article you are talking about?
Old 06-12-2011, 08:18 AM

The auditor general can not release reports during an election,its the law. She also made it clear not to jump to conclusions till the report is released. All Iggy and his crew had was notes sent to and returned from various depts by the auditor asking questions and getting replies so as to compile info for the final report. The facts arent out yet. They ( Jack and Iggy) tried to do the smear thing during the elections but it didnt work.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranky View Post
The auditor general can not release reports during an election,its the law. She also made it clear not to jump to conclusions till the report is released. All Iggy and his crew had was notes sent to and returned from various depts by the auditor asking questions and getting replies so as to compile info for the final report. The facts arent out yet. They ( Jack and Iggy) tried to do the smear thing during the elections but it didnt work.
True, but still doesn't justify the way it was done. The whole G20 thing was a cluster****. Should have held it in some place like K country, or not at all. Lot of questions if it really accomplishes anything that couldn't be done on a less spectacular basis.

Grizz
Old 06-12-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Would it have made a difference? I doubt it. People were fed up with the status quo and voted for change.

The CPC majority has sure brought the section-8-left out into the open.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:02 PM

Quote:
You rarely articulate the point of your posts well, they never contain actually facts, your speculation is over the top, and I am not sure you ever learned how to write.
Please, make an effort worth responding to, and you're less likely to get flamed on.
Wow.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:
I'm making an assumption that you are talking about the AG report.
The loonie left forced an unwanted election that created a situation where the report could not legally be released.

You leftards lost get over it.

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 06-12-2011, 05:30 PM
Banned

Here is an article that places things into perspective.

http://www2.canada.com/edmontonjourn...2-7cd9a63df436
Old 06-12-2011, 07:32 PM

We send billions East and never hear where it went and it is useless to complain.

One word for the leftist group

ADSCAM

More than 50 million disappeared into that bottomless pit.

Here is another one.

Mega $$ in the EI fund and the good old LIEBRALS gazed into that large bank account, pulled it out and WALAH budget is balanced.
Now that we need the EI fund it is not there and it has been coming out of the general budget. Then the leftys and dippers scream to balance the budget as well as extend EI.

50 mill is a drop in the bucket but I do have a suggestion for the next one we host.

Put it on the north end of Baffin Island. All the security they would need is at the last stop prior to hopping to the island.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
True, but still doesn't justify the way it was done. The whole G20 thing was a cluster****. Should have held it in some place like K country, or not at all. Lot of questions if it really accomplishes anything that couldn't be done on a less spectacular basis.

Grizz
There is always something to complain about for people and if it was held in K country the whole park shutting down would of been cause for complaint...not to mention the congestion of protesters on the highway.

It was a colossus waste of money...but Canada has to take their turn...and don't blame it on the government...blame the left wing radical groups...in the olden days...this was not a concern... Anarchists have done their duty well.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:01 AM

yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Old 06-13-2011, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
There is always something to complain about for people and if it was held in K country the whole park shutting down would of been cause for complaint...not to mention the congestion of protesters on the highway.

It was a colossus waste of money...but Canada has to take their turn...and don't blame it on the government...blame the left wing radical groups...in the olden days...this was not a concern... Anarchists have done their duty well.
Might be a good way to get rid of some of them, forget to put up barricades to stop traffic. Easy way to thin out the hippies.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:52 AM

Default Get a good grip on what you are sitting on!

That was with a minority government, wait until the U.S. arms/airplane sales people get their hands in our pockets! The Americans can't control them just watch how they fleece us!
Old 06-13-2011, 09:18 AM
Banned

Didn't our C7 rifles for the military cost taxpayers 3 to 4 times by being made in Quebec then that of the identical rifle produced in the United States?
Old 06-13-2011, 09:43 AM

everything cost more in canada,,average funeral today, cost 10,000 dollars ,,no wonder people have to work 6 days a week,,no wonder Quebec wants to separate from canada.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:14 AM
Gone Hunting

Why doesn't the dang gubmint do something about my toast landing jam side down? I bet if the gubmint instituted a $5 fine for whining, we could pay for the debt/ deficit, and all those expensive funerals. Who knows , it may even put the "fun" back in Funeral.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 06-13-2011, 10:33 AM

We don't need to host any more G8 or G20 meetings. All we get is two days of meetings, a week or rioting, three years of public inquiries, and a billion dollars vapourized.

If we still want to curry international favour we could simply say that in lieu of hosting the event when it's our turn, we will donate 100 million dollars to some internation charity or relief effort. Still way cheaper and more useful.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:08 PM

Quote:
everything cost more in canada,,average funeral today, cost 10,000 dollars ,,no wonder people have to work 6 days a week,,no wonder Quebec wants to separate from canada.
Quebec wants to separate because funerals are too expensive? I am pretty sure there is more to it than that.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
We don't need to host any more G8 or G20 meetings. All we get is two days of meetings, a week or rioting, three years of public inquiries, and a billion dollars vapourized.

If we still want to curry international favour we could simply say that in lieu of hosting the event when it's our turn, we will donate 100 million dollars to some internation charity or relief effort. Still way cheaper and more useful.
Sounds like a great idea. I think they should just have these meetings on a barge in a secret location, that way nobody gets a chance to protest.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyreefer View Post
I'm making an assumption that you are talking about the AG report.
The loonie left forced an unwanted election that created a situation where the report could not legally be released.

You leftards lost get over it.

of coarse his handel is "hillbilly reefer"

" There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a breadcrumb, and getting licked in the process. ~Paul O'Neil, 1965 "
Old 06-14-2011, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCTHEMI View Post
Sounds like a great idea. I think they should just have these meetings on a barge in a secret location, that way nobody gets a chance to protest.
I always thought an aircraft carrier would be perfect. Fly in, secure as all get-out. And it can outrun anything GreenPeace owns.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Phil A View Post
We send billions East and never hear where it went and it is useless to complain.

One word for the leftist group

ADSCAM

More than 50 million disappeared into that bottomless pit.

Here is another one.

Mega $$ in the EI fund and the good old LIEBRALS gazed into that large bank account, pulled it out and WALAH budget is balanced.
Now that we need the EI fund it is not there and it has been coming out of the general budget. Then the leftys and dippers scream to balance the budget as well as extend EI.

50 mill is a drop in the bucket but I do have a suggestion for the next one we host.

Put it on the north end of Baffin Island. All the security they would need is at the last stop prior to hopping to the island.
ever hear the term two wrongs don't make a right?
Old 06-14-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoast View Post
ever hear the term two wrongs don't make a right?
That is true, just seems more than a little hypocritical considering where the complaining is coming from.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:53 PM

should have held it in MANITOBA!?
Old 06-14-2011, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0liver View Post
of coarse his handel is "hillbilly reefer"
I believe the proper spelling is handle, as in "my handle is hillbillyreefer."

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw