Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-15-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty P. View Post
You have some very good points here but I'm curious if your friend has told you that he regrets not getting married and/or having children? Maybe he is living his life exactly the way he wants to. I'm not trying to bash you it's just not everyone is cut out for marrage or children.
Yes we have talked about it and he still very much loves his lifestyle, but does have some regrets. I think he thinks of it as an addiction that he cannot change. I remember a while back he was in a relationship with a woman that he had known for some years, she had a couple of younger kids and they had been dating for a couple of years by now. He had told me that they had made plans to take her kids to disney land in spetember or somthing like that, anyhow I had'nt seen him for a couple of months and asked how his trip went, he told me he and his girlfriend had broken up because when it was time to go he changed his mind and went on a guided hunt up north instead. I was like thinking no wonder you have been single all these years!!!
Old 06-15-2011, 03:12 PM

And this is when I'm extremely jealous of Cody Robbins....
Sittin' here waitin' on a deer, drinkin' beer and wastin' bullets, Aimin' at the empties, missin' hittin' pine trees, It ain't my fault them cans keep movin', My baby's on the phone sayin' baby come home, Where you been and What you've been doin', We'll I've been, sittin' here, waitin' on a deer
Drinkin' beer and wastin' bullets
Old 06-15-2011, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss442 View Post
Yes we have talked about it and he still very much loves his lifestyle, but does have some regrets. I think he thinks of it as an addiction that he cannot change. I remember a while back he was in a relationship with a woman that he had known for some years, she had a couple of younger kids and they had been dating for a couple of years by now. He had told me that they had made plans to take her kids to disney land in spetember or somthing like that, anyhow I had'nt seen him for a couple of months and asked how his trip went, he told me he and his girlfriend had broken up because when it was time to go he changed his mind and went on a guided hunt up north instead. I was like thinking no wonder you have been single all these years!!!
Your complete right then. If he wishes he had a partner or children he would have to learn to make some sacrifices for sure. I was just curious because I personally prefer being single and I thought that might be your friends take on it too.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbie_bambi_killer View Post
Absolutely taken!
Old 06-15-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlin1 View Post
hey Barbie you still single
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbie_bambi_killer View Post
Absolutely taken!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlin1 View Post
figures , all the good ones are always taken
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fisherman Guy View Post
Marlin and TFG missed the winky eye.

Guys, you need to pay attention to the details.

Bambi, thanks for the invite.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:37 PM

Default Thanks!!!

I just want to thank everyone for some very valid points and some great advice. As far as this post tainting a hunting discussion, thats not right this IS a hunting discussion I have alot more to think about now then I did before posting. I shall find out in short time whats gonna be coming of my near future. For those who were interested in knowing, my ex left me for anouther dude and kinda kept me stringing along, I found this girl and she made me one happy guy, the ex found out and wanted me back, did alot of things trying to. the fiancee had a life saving surgury and the day after the surgury the ex started a fire in her closet and sice they lived out of town the house burned to the ground before the FD could get there, after questioning the family it was determined that my fiancee did it even though she was in the hospital 2 hours away and was gonna be laid up in the hospital for 4 weeks. I found it pretty comical. it took almost 3 years to get rid of that one. And the fiancees mom is a good person and she has a mom crush on me Any ways thanks again for the advice everyone its appreiciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!