Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-14-2011, 06:36 PM

Exclamation women problems (what to do looking for help from experienced gentlemen)

I have taken the fiancee on a few hunts with me. One hunt we were in a soon to be burn-pile with 7 does around 70-170 yards away with 4 bucks (the largest being around 140) fighting and sparring and strutting there stuff. she had never seen anything like that, not even on tv!!!! I bagged a 186 6/8 when he came out and tried to make is dominance, she helped me drag it more then 400 yards to where we could get it with a truck. Now the last few months shes all no hunting cute cuddly bears, no hunting bambis even though they taste the best and I take at least one every year. She is most definatly against hanging stuff on the walls. She never used to be like this, we are supposed to get married soon but now shes being like this, inhibiting my hunting purchases, trying to inhibit my hunting. I have been hunting since I was 6 and very heavily involved in the outdoors and shes kinda getting in the way. I and her are still very much in love even after more then 5 years together. This anti hunting stuff is a deal breaker but I could not imagine life with-out her. Can anyone with more years and experience help me out Im only 24 and I dont find this fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-14-2011, 06:44 PM

I had this problem a few years back , and the biggest thing to remember is that she needs to know that hunting is a huge part of your life and who you are . And that cannot be changed , sure you might have to give a few things but in the end you should not have to change who you are to make someone else happy ...

Your hunting heritage and background make you the person you are so I would never give that up !! Best of luck bud , its a tough position to be in .

mamba,
Old 06-14-2011, 06:46 PM

Default wow

Man tough one there..youll have to sit her down and have a good talk and tell her youve been hunting all your life, and your not willing to give it up..if its a real deal breaker for ya and you get married thinking its gonna get better...divorce! once your married its just gonna get worse... me and my wife been together 12 years, she dont hunt the odd bird, but she has no problem with me doing it. thers no way i could just give it up, its a way of life....told her when we met i dont cheat and i hunt...never been a problem..dont know if this helps but good luck...
Darrell
Old 06-14-2011, 06:50 PM

[QUOTE=winger7mm;976767] we are supposed to get married QUOTE]

Whew.....consider this your get out of jail free card!!!!!!!!!

tm
Old 06-14-2011, 06:56 PM

Please follow your gut instinct.
Which is cheaper? Wedding or a divorce?
Old 06-14-2011, 07:02 PM
Banned

You know those thow thingy's that hang between your legs? USE THEM! They contain some kinda thingyamajig that sets us apart.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:03 PM

Runnnnnnnnnnn!
Old 06-14-2011, 07:03 PM

Men marry women assuming they won't change.

Women marry men and expect them to change.

For ME,this situation would be a possible deal-breaker. I would be wondering what else she says that she enjoys now that she won't after marriage.

People don't naturally go from hunters to anti's unless they were not true hunters to begin with.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:04 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingMOM View Post
Please follow your gut instinct.
Which is cheaper? Wedding or a divorce?
Neither!!!!...grab your hunting stuff and " Run Forrest Run!!!!!!!"......
from an old guy that likes Rod Stewarts comment about..." the next time, I'm just going to find a woman I don't like and give her my house keys...much cheaper" true, very true......
Old 06-14-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANG View Post
Runnnnnnnnnnn!
X2
RUN faw faw away very very fast, find a good hunting cabin become a hermit
Old 06-14-2011, 07:07 PM

sounds like she is forcing you to do...what her quilty azz cant do if she pulls the pin
Old 06-14-2011, 07:10 PM

If you do follow through PRENUMP out the whazooo!
Old 06-14-2011, 07:13 PM

Let me tell you something

You are 24. You have been with her since you were 19.

That tells me you have zero experience with relationships. You have had one girlfriend, stuck it out and now you decide you may as well get married. Next logical step, right? Wrong

If she is annoying you that much now, you wont last.

The fact that you ask here tells me alot. And good for you for doing it.

You say you cant imagine life without her? Thats because you went from one woman ( your momma) to this one. Only this one kisses better.....
You think you cant live without ger because you dont have experience with anyone else. Thats all. You should change that

It starts with things like this. Then it goes to other things, more important things.....

What you are experiencing now has a name. It's called a hint. You have been
given one. Use it.

You asked the question. I gave MY answer. Others may vary. Naturally I think im right tho
Old 06-14-2011, 07:14 PM

Default dump her

Its not going to get any better , if she has taken that path it will only get worse with time and a marriage ,Have her sign a pre marriage agreement ,in fun of course . Allowing you to hunt and do what you may with your trophies and in return she may shop ,cook clean and do all the things she likes and must do to keep her self entertained.
I have dealt with this in a previous marriage and it only got in the way of a happy relationship.
The new marriage has some conflicting remarks about the hunt ,but I have heads ,rugs and skulls all over the house and our cabin .Not to mention 2 freezers for meat.
Put your foot down or pick up your purse and go shopping instead!
Old 06-14-2011, 07:15 PM
Gone Hunting

...and don't let the little head think for the big head....remember the bean in the jar thing....also very true....go with your passions...they will last longer than lust....
Old 06-14-2011, 07:16 PM

Sounds like you need to sit down and have a good talk with her. NOW is the time to do it. She may cry, you may cry, but you better get things straight before you get married. There is no simple way out after you get married. not even shoot, shovel, shut up. lol

I still lose bait that way.

UPS will fondle your animals!!
Old 06-14-2011, 07:17 PM

talk to her about how important it is for you... if she gets it great! if not don't do it!!! trust me... im going through a divorce right now!!!
Old 06-14-2011, 07:25 PM

Dont try to talk to her about it

Actions speak louder than words

She will talk you into a corner and use/twist every word you speak when she tells all her friends what a creep you are for dumping her

TELL her why its not gonna work. Its not a debate. If you have to debate your spouse, there is a winner and a loser. Do you want her to be the loser? If so, she is not the one to marry. No man would want his wife to be the loser

On the other hand, if she tries to debate you to win a conversation, she clearly wants you to lose......get it?

Thats another hint. People that love each other do not try to dominate each other. They ENHANCE each other

My wife does not hunt. I dont go to symphonies. She accepts my likes and i respect hers.

A five minute conversation with her will prove my point.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:26 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=bluetick;976831]Its not going to get any better , if she has taken that path it will only get worse with time and a marriage ,Have her sign a pre marriage agreement ,in fun of course . Allowing you to hunt and do what you may with your trophies and in return she may shop ,cook clean and do all the things she likes and must do to keep her self entertained.
I have dealt with this in a previous marriage and it only got in the way of a happy relationship.
The new marriage has some conflicting remarks about the hunt ,but I have heads ,rugs and skulls all over the house and our cabin .Not to mention 2 freezers for meat.
Put your foot down or pick up your purse and go shopping instead![/QUOTE]

Old 06-14-2011, 07:26 PM

You need to stand your ground, my wife does not like stuff on the walls either, but it keeps going up and she keeps getting over it. Tell her staight up your never going to quit hunting period, get over it, if she can't....dump her.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:27 PM

Take it from an old guy who gave up something dear to me that i did long before we were married, many years ago now. Shes now an ex wife after many years of marriage so in the end it wasnt worth it. Not all women but most are never happy with the way we are,they want change. You have to decide what things you are willing to change(some might be for the good) before you get married. Dont marry her if this is a deal breaker. Think down the road. Kids pay the price if it dont work in the future,trust me i saw the pain my kids went through. Its real tough at family reunions and grandkids get togethers birthdays and stuff even now many years later.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:28 PM

common law?
Old 06-14-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Let me tell you something

That tells me you have zero experience with relationships. You have had one girlfriend, stuck it out and now you decide you may as well get married. Next logical step, right? Wrong

If she is annoying you that much now, you wont last.

The fact that you ask here tells me alot. And good for you for doing it.

You say you cant imagine life without her? Thats because you went from one woman ( your momma) to this one. Only this one kisses better.....
You think you cant live without ger because you dont have experience with anyone else. Thats all. You should change that

It starts with things like this. Then it goes to other things, more important things.....

What you are experiencing now has a name. It's called a hint. You have been
given one. Use it.

You asked the question. I gave MY answer. Others may vary. Naturally I think im right tho
Listen to this man!
Old 06-14-2011, 07:29 PM

Default well now

[QUOTE=huntinstuff;976829]Let me tell you something

Well I have actually been through lots, My last g/f became a stalker type even burned her parents house down to try and bet me back, long story short. Im quite a catch hahaha sure im young but Im an old tymer, I like to think im pre 90'S lmao
Old 06-14-2011, 07:34 PM

Default wow

Man did I ever not expect to get this many opinions so quick gives me lots to think about hahaha. Hunting is my life and no woman (nomatter the lay) will change me from my ways!!!!!!
Old 06-14-2011, 07:37 PM
Gone Hunting

You asked for experience...you got it....Good Luck and good hunting......
Old 06-14-2011, 07:37 PM

I'm not a gent, but I've been down the road a bit.

Do NOT go to the alter with this woman unless you feel you can communicate and compromise. COMM - U - NI - CATE.... that means talking about the hard stuff and making it work for both of you. And - not to imply any impropriety - but women can be real dangerous. Don't let her get herself knocked up.... (which REALLY is none of my business, I know) but don't let it happen - because if it does then you're probably hosed.

I tend to agree with what's been said above. If you're having second thoughts now - it'll be too late after the papers are signed. Better some pain now for a while than the pain of that dream dying later on.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:38 PM

Default common law

Most definaltly we have been living together for more then 3 and a half years Im putting her through university, even took last hunting season off to help spend less money. This year I plan on getting my bear and hopefully my elk if I can find the damn thing will be taking my WT buck and my supplemental does as usual.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by winger7mm View Post
Man did I ever not expect to get this many opinions so quick gives me lots to think about hahaha. Hunting is my life and no woman (nomatter the lay) will change me from my ways!!!!!!
there is nothing to think about. you would be in for a few years of grief and great expense if you dont get out. TRUST ME......ive lived it. its cheaper and easier to get out now. i promise you wont last more than a few years anyway.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:45 PM

Maybe something about that hunt got to her? I say try talking to her first.... like what was said earlier communication is key!

but never ever get married if you have second thoughts or fears! or if she is pressuring you!!!!

****... hunt away everything else is seconday or you wouldnt be on this forum!!!