Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-14-2011, 07:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
You asked for experience...you got it....Good Luck and good hunting......
Listen to Hal.

I think he pretty well said it all.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winger7mm View Post
Most definaltly we have been living together for more then 3 and a half years Im putting her through university, even took last hunting season off to help spend less money. This year I plan on getting my bear and hopefully my elk if I can find the damn thing will be taking my WT buck and my supplemental does as usual.
oh boy that might cost you...but its worth it
its over run with cute dutch hotties down there...you'll be fine.
Maybe try send your future MIL a nasty email

good luck man...wish you the best
Old 06-14-2011, 07:50 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rn041uWncU

Old 06-14-2011, 07:55 PM

I've been married to a wonderful women for 32 years and there are a couple of secrets. You need to treat them like a queen. You are looking for movie love here, you want the same kind of love that you see in every single sappy movie. You are looking for a women who adores you. Before you marry any women go meet her mother because she will ( 100 %) become her.

In everyone of my 32 years of marriage , I have taken several annual hunting trips, annual fishing trips, river trips, fly in fishing, every sportsman show and everything I wanted to do. I buy a rifle or shotgun when I want one and just ordered an expensive new 8 weight for fly fishing big pike ( just in case I feel like it ) .

She helps me pack my gear, sews the holes in my hunting pants and makes me great things to eat for my trip. When I get home she helps me clean and freeze the fish or grind the meat and make the sausage.

....but you got to work at it. You have got to be the kind of man who will lasso the moon and pull it a little closer so she can take a better look at it if that's what she wants. You have got to be kind, I mean really really kind and considerate. You've got to provide her with a happy home and be the best Dad in the world and DO NOT CHEAT !

DO NOT MARRY THE WRONG GIRL....... I had a hunting buddy that married a hot red headed BATTLE AXE. ( so was her mother) notice I said HAD a hunting buddy.

They are out there man, it's all up to YOU
Old 06-14-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winger7mm View Post
Most definaltly we have been living together for more then 3 and a half years Im putting her through university, even took last hunting season off to help spend less money. This year I plan on getting my bear and hopefully my elk if I can find the damn thing will be taking my WT buck and my supplemental does as usual.
So you're her "daddy" in reality.........

That's another hint for ya. So far i have found three......
Old 06-14-2011, 07:56 PM

Default be carefull of conversations but be truthfull

people man or woman will say whatever they need to when they feel confronted and dont want to loose

dont get married unless you are confident that she can accept your hobbies.

hunting is one of the best outdoor sports out there, it is one of the healthiest sports to be addicted to.

many folks on here have said good things.

"it would be a deal breaker for me"
Old 06-14-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
there is nothing to think about. you would be in for a few years of grief and great expense if you dont get out. TRUST ME......ive lived it. its cheaper and easier to get out now. i promise you wont last more than a few years anyway.
X2

I am living proof that I won't change my habits for anyone and it cost me one marriage, but she had her issues and I am pretty well set now. I married a woman who embraces who i am and lets me do my thing, and I let her do hers (she is a horse hobbiest, which arguably costs alot more than hunting!)

If the outdoors are part of who you are and your life then she has to realize this and know that by now. There will be times you have to compromise on the odd trip etc....but by the sounds of it she wants you to cut it out....just be honest with her that it is important and it is a part of you.

Speaking from experience....divorce costs a crap load more than any lavish wedding, not sure if you have kids or not but if you don't... now is the time to make the hard choice before you do.

My $0.02.....

LC
Old 06-14-2011, 08:01 PM
Gone Hunting

You seem like a nice guy, not overly bright, but a nice guy

She's pitching son, but you ain't catching. She's telling you she wants out in her gutless way. She thinks you are too short or too tall or too dumb or worse too smart or she just wants a different flavor. She doesn't want to be the bad guy. She wants you to be the bad guy. She didn't pick on your action figure collection, or your baseball cards or drinking or not drinking. She carefully and with malice aforethought has picked on the thing that you really enjoy. She knows that you may dump any of those other things but it is a good bet you won't dump hunting. She understands perfectly how important hunting is to you. You don't need to tell her again.

How will you live without her? the same way you did for 19 years before you met her.

Seriously it will get better after you get married. :sHa_sarcastic lol::sHa_sarca sticlol: NOT!!!!

Look, you're a hunter. why do suppose there are no tracks on a woman's heart??..................cause it's harder than stone.

Take what Huntin'stuff posted to heart. He has the gift to see clearly. He also has a kickass sigline.

This one is not a keeper, throw her back.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 06-14-2011, 08:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
You seem like a nice guy, not overly bright, but a nice guy

She's pitching son, but you ain't catching. She's telling you she wants out in her gutless way. She thinks you are too short or too tall or too dumb or worse too smart or she just wants a different flavor. She doesn't want to be the bad guy. She wants you to be the bad guy. She didn't pick on your action figure collection, or your baseball cards or drinking or not drinking. She carefully and with malice aforethought has picked on the thing that you really enjoy. She knows that you may dump any of those other things but it is a good bet you won't dump hunting. She understands perfectly how important hunting is to you. You don't need to tell her again.

How will you live without her? the same way you did for 19 years before you met her.

Seriously it will get better after you get married. :sHa_sarcastic lol::sHa_sarca sticlol: NOT!!!!

Look, you're a hunter. why do suppose there are no tracks on a woman's heart??..................cause it's harder than stone.

Take what Huntin'stuff posted to heart. He has the gift to see clearly. He also has a kickass sigline.

This one is not a keeper, throw her back.
VERY WELL SAID !!!
Old 06-14-2011, 08:08 PM

I'd say most of these replies are coming from hindsight, which is 20/20. Everyone gives up something for love and marriage, but you can't change who you are for nobody. I'd need some awful good reasons before turning into a ball of dough, waiting for a female to mold to her liking.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:41 PM

If this was the right girl for you , you wouldnt need too ask for an opinion
Old 06-14-2011, 08:57 PM

I agree totally with Huntnstuff. Firstly when she met you she fell in love with who you are. Sure there were some things that she didn't like but she can change that. Let me tell you a little secret. No matter how she molds you you will never be quite right. In the end she will blame you for changing and say you were not the same man she fell in love with and it will be over.
You need to ask yourself one simple question. What is the one or two things you can't stand about her. No matter how simple those things are if they preturb you list it. Then ask yourself can I live the rest of my life with a person who does ( insert things on your list here). If the answer is no to any one of them DO Not Marry Her. By the same token she has to ask herself the same question. Can she live with a man who hunts for the rest of her life? From the sounds of it she has already answered that question and has given you the ultimatum, quite hunting or else.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:03 PM

Default ?

Why would you ask for advice on this topic on a hunting and outdoors forum. Its your decision not no one elses. Dont take advice from guys that have been through a couple of divorces, theres reasons why they are divorced. I know that there are two sides to every story, but think about it.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:06 PM

I learned 6 little letters when I took my hunter training course in '75. I still think about them when I have a small or big decsion to make. They might help you. ASSUME. Never assume that she will change or you will be saying to her I assumed you would change and made an ass out of u and me.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:07 PM

Huntinstuff said it all. Especially the you being the sugar daddy part.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6tmile View Post
Why would you ask for advice on this topic on a hunting and outdoors forum. Its your decision not no one elses. Dont take advice from guys that have been through a couple of divorces, theres reasons why they are divorced. I know that there are two sides to every story, but think about it.

I believe Huntin's been married longer than I've been alive...
Old 06-14-2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Yah the reason I got divorced is I like my outdoor activities and I am my own person....ummmm this is a bad thing how?

Worst advise yet.....don't take advise from guys who have been through it.....LOL

LC
Old 06-14-2011, 09:10 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Well duh! If I want information I go to someone who has been there, done that and buried the bodies. I sure wouldn't ask someone who asks '"Why are you asking?"

He's looking for qualified opinions not more questions.

Hope this helps

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 06-14-2011, 09:10 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Thinking cause the OP asked for "experiences"???? .....?????
Old 06-14-2011, 09:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Better than 12 hours of DR PHIL !!!!
Old 06-14-2011, 09:22 PM

This is one of the few opportunities you will have with a woman to be *right* AND *happy*.
Take the opportunity, kiss her goodbye and move along.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:22 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb356 View Post
Better than 12 hours of DR PHIL !!!!
With all the drama here is there any diffrence?
Old 06-14-2011, 09:23 PM

Marriage isn't about changing someone, it's about loving who they are. My wife would never want me to hurt any animals, or watch me hunt, BUT, she loves the fact that I am passionate about something , and it makes me happy. As long as I respect some of her things she does lifes great.

My wifes speech to some of my buddies wifes and girlfriends who can't stand their men hunting:

" Would you rather them out drinking and driving, gambling, hitting up the strip clubs, cheating, or laying around the house complaining and being unmotivated and lazy. Or they could be ontop of a mountain, with a couple of buddies away from all the other pressures that cause divorce????"
Old 06-14-2011, 09:29 PM

from what I can tell from the limited information that has been given you're being USED! Listen to Redfrog & Huntingstuff. You are being setup. ou have been paying for schooling for her and off she goes but i can guarantee you that she has her eyes on someone else at the school. She is using the hunting thing as a way to drive a wedge between the both of you to cause you to split. She gets her education paid for and you get made to look like a loser.

Let me ask you does she talk about a person who annoys her at school all the time? Or is there a group project that she always has to go to? Any little things like that. Believe me that's how it starts.

Keep your head up your being played. I've seen this happen to so many of my friends. The fact is you're only 24 yrs old. To young to get married. Go live a little before you decide to settle down.

this may hurt for awhile but you learn from it you move on and you're a little wiser. It wasn't meant to be.

Good Luck

SycoSean
Old 06-14-2011, 09:31 PM

i feel for you... my fiance came for one hunt and it was her last. she too has tried to inhibit my hunting purchases. i simply told her i respect her views but if she doesn't like hunting that means "SHE" not me. we have had some interesting conversations but now we agree to disagree. i take a week at least off for the hunting season, and have so for years. as long as it doesn't take away from my responsibilities around the house and financially, i'm free to do what i want. good luck to you.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
Well duh! If I want information I go to someone who has been there, done that and buried the bodies. I sure wouldn't ask someone who asks '"Why are you asking?"

He's looking for qualified opinions not more questions.

Hope this helps
How does this help. Its all one sided. Sit down with a divorced couple and listen to them talk about each other. Know thats entertainment!
Old 06-14-2011, 09:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
With all the drama here is there any diffrence?
Don't know !!! never watch it ...............DO YOU ???
Old 06-14-2011, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb356 View Post
Don't know !!! never watch it ...............DO YOU ???
No never heard of it until YOU brought it up
Old 06-14-2011, 09:36 PM

Alot of people have given you some very sound advise, but the final choice will have to be yours. Which is more important to you? Being who you are,or being what she wants you to be. In the end you have to live with yourself, and only you can answer that question for yourself.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:38 PM

Short term pain for long term gain! Hunting is internal. Only other hunters understand the inner need to hunt. If she can't let you get away for a couple weeks of hunting per year, she unfortunately is not the one! My wife has never understood my hunting thing. Even resented it for a while but she came around. I fish and I hunt. That's who I am!
Old 06-14-2011, 09:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
No never heard of it until YOU brought it up
I like OPRHA better !!! DO YOU ???