Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-06-2024, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Default Tucker Carlson interviews Putin

Tucker Carlson will be interviewing Vladimir Putin. Here's his reasoning why. Should be a heckuva enlightening interview.

https://tuckercarlson.com/why-were-in-moscow/
Old 02-06-2024, 12:45 PM

there will be heads popping like a popcorn field in a heatwave.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 02-06-2024, 01:27 PM

By his statements in the link Tucker is biased going into this interview. Its not a secret he likes Russia and hates Ukraine.

The true test of is he in this for actual journalism versus just a publicity stunt to make money will come based upon the questions he asks and how he probes and how he gives into Russian propaganda.

Let’s face it… in a war there is propaganda out the ying yang.

Putin started this war saying it was to remove nazis. At the same time the hard core right wingers in Russia are very much of that ilk. Plus Ukraines leader is Jewish.

He has said it’s to stop NATO from getting closer to Moscow… however it was already closer

He has said it’s to stop NATO expansion however Ukraine wasn’t anywheres close to joining… but now Finland and Sweden has.

He said Ukraine was committing genocide against ethnic Russians but Zelensky is Russian speaking.

He said Ukraine was never a country and is a part of Russia

He said Russia let Ukraine break away but neglected the fact Ukraine voted overwhelmingly for independence.

He said Ukraine has ambitions to get nuclear weapons although Ukraine voluntarily gave them up as part of the deal with Russia.

What seems most logical is Putin is trying to build up the former USSR. Wants a legacy. Wants more power. Wants Ukraine ports and natural resources and agriculture and factories and skilled workers. He has breached so many human rights that shows his resolve is focused.

What questions will Tucker ask?

Will he lob leading questions to Putin?

Will he only ask questions to reinforce his narrative?

Its fascinating. Republicans have always been the ones to push American goals of eliminating communism and evil dictators that oppose their ethics and morals. Now they are pumping up a dictator trying to grow their power and be an American rival through military means.

Russia attacked Georgia. They’ve mercilessly fought Chechnya. The have a foothold in Moldova. Putin effectively controls Belarus.

Corruption and power grabs is the norm in Russia. As is opposition figures going to jail or falling down stairs.

I really hope Tucker goes hard on the tough question. But I’m not holding my breath.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 02-06-2024, 03:31 PM

I hope he will ask him questions about Russia support for Hamas. And if Russian special forces had anything to do with the October 7 events in Israel. There are lots of questions that should be asked…
Old 02-06-2024, 06:16 PM

My time is too valuable to give this idiot 1 second of it. Oops i just gave him 2
Old 02-06-2024, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty50 View Post
My time is too valuable to give this idiot 1 second of it. Oops i just gave him 2
No kidding. It's almost like you can feel your IQ slowly drop as you listen to him....
Old 02-06-2024, 06:51 PM

Has anyone in Russia even confirmed that there is an interview? All I see in the news (including RU news) is that it is he who said that he is going to interview Putin. He also said they sent a request for an interview to Zelensky.
Old 02-06-2024, 06:55 PM

Tucker sure has the lefties stirred up. They don’t ignore him, they run him down every chance they get. He is far from perfect but he must be doing something right. Seems like lots of people have Tucker Derangement Syndrome. Should be an interesting interview. Lots of American journalists have interviewed Putin in the past. Something tells me the Russians have vetted all the questions before hand and there will be a script. No different than any interview Putin has done.
Old 02-06-2024, 06:56 PM

Agree with the above, bit of an idiot but sometimes entertaining. I don't watch him but I'll watch this one. Most people will, It's evil Vlad........
Old 02-06-2024, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman1978 View Post
Tucker sure has the lefties stirred up. They don’t ignore him, they run him down every chance they get. He is far from perfect but he must be doing something right. Seems like lots of people have Tucker Derangement Syndrome. Should be an interesting interview. Lots of American journalists have interviewed Putin in the past. Something tells me the Russians have vetted all the questions before hand and there will be a script. No different than any interview Putin has done.
I think it is fear. Folks have no appetite for truth if it means their world is going to get upset, but they had better wake the hell up. We are being manipulated by our government and media, scares the hell out of me that folks in Europe are fighting back and we are being held in the dark. We are so complacent it is not even funny. All sorts of funny stuff going on and Canadians just smile and take it. Lemmings.

Thomas Sowell
Old 02-06-2024, 07:21 PM

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2024/...ampaign-a83994

Putin is enjoying taking jabs at the west… wait for it.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 02-06-2024, 07:28 PM

Quote:
There are plenty of interviews with Putin where the questions weren’t vetted, at least not all of them for sure. This one likely won’t be one of them. If there will be one at all, because I have my doubts.

I always wonder when someone says “this person sure has the lefties stirred up, so they mist be doing something right”. Then there is someone on the other side of the barricades says “this person sure has righties (?) stirred up, so they must be doing something right” about someone else. Lol. In reality, everyone is stirred up for no particular reason.
Old 02-06-2024, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
There are plenty of interviews with Putin where the questions weren’t vetted, at least not all of them for sure. This one likely won’t be one of them. If there will be one at all, because I have my doubts.

I always wonder when someone says “this person sure has the lefties stirred up, so they mist be doing something right”. Then there is someone on the other side of the barricades says “this person sure has righties (?) stirred up, so they must be doing something right” about someone else. Lol. In reality, everyone is stirred up for no particular reason.
Trudeau has me stirred up and there is a reason lol
Old 02-06-2024, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
I think it is fear. Folks have no appetite for truth if it means their world is going to get upset, but they had better wake the hell up. We are being manipulated by our government and media, scares the hell out of me that folks in Europe are fighting back and we are being held in the dark. We are so complacent it is not even funny. All sorts of funny stuff going on and Canadians just smile and take it. Lemmings.
Like I said, it is all over the news daily. Like every day for the past few weeks. Not sure who is keeping what in the dark. Unles sone is not reading the news? For example:

Page one of the search:

Page two:

Page three:

And so on. There are literally hundreds of pages, including Canadian outlets on the very first page.
Old 02-06-2024, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Trudeau has me stirred up and there is a reason lol
Lol. You now what I mean. I am talking about some idiot on TV/twitter/whatever who stirs the pot, pockets the money, but not of any particular use to society.
Old 02-06-2024, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Miskosky View Post
Tucker Carlson will be interviewing Vladimir Putin. Here's his reasoning why. Should be a heckuva enlightening interview.

https://tuckercarlson.com/why-were-in-moscow/
Food for thought for sure. Ole Vladdie might BS a bit about his real motivation, but the man commands respect. In this case, I wish Ukraine & the West will kick his azz home, and retake Crimea in the process. I'll certainly watch the interview.

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 02-06-2024, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
Food for thought for sure. Ole Vladdie might BS a bit about his real motivation, but the man commands respect. In this case, I wish Ukraine & the West will kick his azz home, and retake Crimea in the process. I'll certainly watch the interview.
Pretty sure it is now more about how much they will retain of what they are currently holding and how many more people will die in the process. I doubt there is anyone seriously thinking about Crimea at this time. At least that should the more realistic concern at the moment, in my opinion.
Old 02-06-2024, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Pretty sure it is now more about how much they will retain of what they are currently holding and how many more people will die in the process. I doubt there is anyone seriously thinking about Crimea at this time. At least that should the more realistic concern at the moment, in my opinion.
Agreed, just wishful thinking on my part

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 02-06-2024, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
thanks for posting the link

I like the info,on the link and agree with the propositions stated
Old 02-07-2024, 08:49 AM

Even though Carlson is a sensationalist to put it mildly, he comes up with stuff that is interesting, a fair bit makes some sense, but, I can't agree with him on his opinion on Ukraine. There probably is a valid thread of truth to what he says about the west's motives on Ukraine, but, there is also the Putin crowd who will pretty much always do exactly the opposite of what they say they'll do. Putin wants to reinstate the power and prestige of the USSR, Georgia, Chechnya, Ossetia, Azerbaijan, Syria, Iran and Hamas and Hezbollah are providing a bit too much stark evidence of his real attitude though.
What can you say, he remains a master strategist. Some of it is working on the west though, many believed him up until 2014, and just like with Trump, many stick with him, but, also have to consider Russian media, and how he treats Russian citizens. Does seem to be some backlash forming in Russia against him, how strong it really is, remains to be seen. It's not quite the old Stalinist ways, but is slowly evolving in that direction at the moment. And as has also been said, it's Russia's last chance at showing any of its real military power, and the bad demographics they already have, are being made worse every day. They are already in a situation, where they can't mount a real offensive towards Europe anymore.
A bit of RU media's attitude; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bP3g-5-RQ4
Old 02-07-2024, 09:24 AM

There actually was an interview, according to Peskov.
Old 02-07-2024, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32-40win View Post
Even though Carlson is a sensationalist to put it mildly, he comes up with stuff that is interesting, a fair bit makes some sense, but, I can't agree with him on his opinion on Ukraine. There probably is a valid thread of truth to what he says about the west's motives on Ukraine, but, there is also the Putin crowd who will pretty much always do exactly the opposite of what they say they'll do. Putin wants to reinstate the power and prestige of the USSR, Georgia, Chechnya, Ossetia, Azerbaijan, Syria, Iran and Hamas and Hezbollah are providing a bit too much stark evidence of his real attitude though.
What can you say, he remains a master strategist. Some of it is working on the west though, many believed him up until 2014, and just like with Trump, many stick with him, but, also have to consider Russian media, and how he treats Russian citizens. Does seem to be some backlash forming in Russia against him, how strong it really is, remains to be seen. It's not quite the old Stalinist ways, but is slowly evolving in that direction at the moment. And as has also been said, it's Russia's last chance at showing any of its real military power, and the bad demographics they already have, are being made worse every day. They are already in a situation, where they can't mount a real offensive towards Europe anymore.
A bit of RU media's attitude; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bP3g-5-RQ4
People still stick with Trump because they enjoyed peace and prosperity when he was in office. Inflation was low, jobs were abundant and life was good.

People still stick with Putin because he controls the media, has weaponized the justice system and instilled fear in his people.

Not the same.
Old 02-07-2024, 09:54 AM

Quote:
There actually was an interview, according to Peskov.
Maybe Tucker is a secret CIA spy and just wanted to get close to Putin to release a toxic time coded biological weapon. Maybe his instructions have self destructed. Hope Tucker makes it out safely without being arrested for crimes against the state.

If Putin gets sick over the next few months, we will know.
Old 02-08-2024, 05:22 PM

Sigh. What a waste. Putin made Tuckers interview into a joke. Basically a rambling speech by Putin. Focused on a couple old reasons for attacking Ukraine.

Denazification.
Ukraine started it.
Areas were always Russian.

Definitely not journalism. Not even entertaining.

Kinda something one fast forwards through and then falls asleep forgetting to hit play.
Old 02-08-2024, 06:08 PM

Tucker is an entertainer not a journalist. He got fired from Faux after his employer got sued and had to fork out 3/4 of a billion.

Yes, there are a lot of things wrong in the world, Tucker is just one of them.
Old 02-08-2024, 06:10 PM

Huge surprise there boys...Another Putin puppet to add to the list.. Just under Kim Jung and Donald
Old 02-08-2024, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty50 View Post
Huge surprise there boys...Another Putin puppet to add to the list.. Just under Kim Jung and Donald
Well that escalated quickly,

Thomas Sowell
Old 02-08-2024, 06:14 PM

Tucker is an entertainer - nothing more.

Faux fired him after they got sued for 3/4 of a billion over his remarks.
Old 02-08-2024, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapperdodge View Post
Tucker is an entertainer - nothing more.

Faux fired him after they got sued for 3/4 of a billion over his remarks.

It's all theatre as William Shatner would say.
All we can do is sit back and watch the show. We have no choice
Old 02-08-2024, 06:54 PM

He released the video