Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-09-2024, 04:49 PM

Default Boat seat extension.

Looking to lift my boat seat 3", it is on a 2 3/8" post. So far the best solution I can come up with is to buy 1" X 3" aluminum bar and drill holes through it and mount it between the seat and the post. The aluminum is 33 bucks a ft. Was hoping to do it cheaper. The post are stupid expensive and I doubt I could get one long enough unless it was custom, again more than I want to spend. Any suggestions?

Thomas Sowell
Old 04-09-2024, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Looking to lift my boat seat 3", it is on a 2 3/8" post. So far the best solution I can come up with is to buy 1" X 3" aluminum bar and drill holes through it and mount it between the seat and the post. The aluminum is 33 bucks a ft. Was hoping to do it cheaper. The post are stupid expensive and I doubt I could get one long enough unless it was custom, again more than I want to spend. Any suggestions?
a lot of the posts are adjustable in height which is a nice thing to have but not cheap. also a shock wave seat. even more money but no sore back in waves
Old 04-09-2024, 05:05 PM

I went threw the same think last year on my lund boat .Front seats are just about 3 inches to low . Very hard to find that diameter pipe . So i ended up placing a spacer between the seat and the upper seat base . First i used some 2 x4 but 2 inch was still to low so i installed longer bolts and four 1/4 x 3 inch pipe nipples .
I hope that helps
Old 04-09-2024, 05:06 PM

na

Last edited by -JR-; 04-09-2024 at 05:13 PM.
Old 04-09-2024, 05:10 PM

I have 2 27" posts in the diameter you need I am looking to sell. Feel free to send me a DM. Could most likely cut them to the length you need!
Old 04-09-2024, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
I went threw the same think last year on my lund boat .Front seats are just about 3 inches to low . Very hard to find that diameter pipe . So i ended up placing a spacer between the seat and the upper seat base . First i used some 2 x4 but 2 inch was still to low so i installed longer bolts and four 1/4 x 3 inch pipe nipples .
I hope that helps
I was thinking of nipples as well. I might check down at Windsor's off cut bin, might be able to find some really hard wood that I could use for cheap. Just make pillars out of the wood. I was thinking nipples might not have enough bearing surface, a piece of wood I could make a 1 or 1 1/4 square 3" long and drill through it.

Thomas Sowell
Old 04-09-2024, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
I was thinking of nipples as well. I might check down at Windsor's off cut bin, might be able to find some really hard wood that I could use for cheap. Just make pillars out of the wood. I was thinking nipples might not have enough bearing surface, a piece of wood I could make a 1 or 1 1/4 square 3" long and drill through it.
You and me both piker. You and me both.

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk
Old 04-10-2024, 09:21 AM

Would 3" aluminum square tube work? Would work the same as wood, but no rot. If you use wood just waterproof it the best you can.