Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-21-2017, 04:30 PM
Banned

Default Hermitage Pond Stocked??

I felt sorry for all those people fishing at Hermitage Pond today because according to the ACA website from an earlier thread here on the forum, Hermitage was still TBD. Since it's Sunday I called 311 and the Agent told me it has been stocked. I asked her to double check and told her about the ACA website so after putting me on hold for awhile she came back and assured me that 3000 Rainbow Trout have been stocked in Hermitage pond recently. That pond is very popular so this is good news. I know my 6 3/4 year old grandson loves it.
I'm still going to contact the ACA on Tuesday. Funny their website hasn't been updated, though it might be my computer skills. Or perhaps another agency has stocked it for the City.
Old 05-21-2017, 04:32 PM

Webmaster is away fishing?
Old 05-21-2017, 05:44 PM

I'd read somewhere there was uncertainty on when and even if they would stock it with the whirling disease spread. Maybe the fear of a bucket ride to the NSask followed by a migration into connecting waters? I'd be lying if I said I had any clue beyond my baseless assumption.

I hope it is stocked though. It can make for a fun evening
Old 05-21-2017, 11:37 PM

Was down there this evening no sighn of any fish being in there if they had stocked it you'd definitely see at least the odd riser it was 8-830 when I was there
Old 05-22-2017, 12:09 AM

Yah, by 8-8:30 in the evening a freshly-stocked pond should have fishing jumping all over the place.
Old 05-22-2017, 07:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscosta View Post
Was down there this evening no sighn of any fish being in there if they had stocked it you'd definitely see at least the odd riser it was 8-830 when I was there
I agree. I took a walk around the pond and chatted with a lot of the anglers. No one has seen or heard of a fish being caught there this year.
Water is very clear and the park itself is much cleaner (except for the litter bugs), since they got rid of the majority of Canada Geese.
If you are casting a line into a pond or lake that has no fish in it, are you still fishing?
You'd think the City would put up a sign at the entrance if it is not going to be stocked.

Last edited by waterninja; 05-22-2017 at 07:29 AM.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:12 AM

Default Was out wed

Kayaked on wed night saw one little riser, no way that it was stocked, but it would be good for some hook washing!
Old 05-22-2017, 02:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
I agree. I took a walk around the pond and chatted with a lot of the anglers. No one has seen or heard of a fish being caught there this year.
Water is very clear and the park itself is much cleaner (except for the litter bugs), since they got rid of the majority of Canada Geese.
If you are casting a line into a pond or lake that has no fish in it, are you still fishing?
You'd think the City would put up a sign at the entrance if it is not going to be stocked.
Put a sign up???? Oh so it's someone else's Responsibility to keep you informed instead of doing something yourself?? How awfully "Millenial" of you...
Any self respecting adult is capable do he research themselves or put in the leg work and get a line wet. You found this site I'm sure you can find the stocking reports....
Lol... "city should put up a sign"...lmfao