Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 07-19-2014, 11:09 PM

Default SCORE steel waterfowl loads

Thinking of purchasing a case of 3 inch #2, for 130.00 that's pretty cheap,and was wondering if anyone here has tried them? I like the idea of a Canadian ammo manufacturer. Also anyone in the Edmonton area want to split a case of there slugs?

Last edited by 6tmile; 07-19-2014 at 11:10 PM. Reason: spellinz of werds
Old 07-20-2014, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6tmile View Post
Thinking of purchasing a case of 3 inch #2, for 130.00 that's pretty cheap,and was wondering if anyone here has tried them? I like the idea of a Canadian ammo manufacturer. Also anyone in the Edmonton area want to split a case of there slugs?
If this is important, Kent is Canadian owned and manufactured in US. Another option available to you.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
If this is important, Kent is Canadian owned and manufactured in US. Another option available to you.
I think you are wrong , Kent has a Canadian division but is not a Canadian owned company.
They are part of the Gamebore conglomerate .

Nevertheless, Fassteel is very good ammo and is made with excellent components .
I would try the Score ammo however .
Cat
Old 07-20-2014, 02:54 PM
Banned

I went through 2 cases of 3 inch #3 and 2 cases of 2 3\4 inch #3. They are great. I had to get them from the factory because no retailers around here carry them. Where are you getting them?
Old 07-20-2014, 02:58 PM

I'd be interested in 2 3/4 #3. Have never tried them but they sound like they do the job.
Old 07-20-2014, 03:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikes"R"us View Post
I'd be interested in 2 3/4 #3. Have never tried them but they sound like they do the job.
Mallards hate them.
Old 07-20-2014, 03:16 PM

Lots of online places to buy from... but a case will run you more than $60 shipping. Can't find any info on retailers

Edit: ammosupply has 2 3/4 #3 cases for 109 with only 20 bucks shipping. Not bad

Last edited by NSDucknut; 07-20-2014 at 03:23 PM.
Old 07-20-2014, 04:41 PM

Smile Thanks guys

Will they ship anywhere in AB? What about 12 ga. 2 3/4" BBs? I think they will suit me and my free loading relatives right to the ground?
Old 07-20-2014, 05:20 PM

anyone who uses these, how would they compare to Kent.

wish there was some good deals on Kents, wouldn't mind picking up 4-6 cases
Old 07-20-2014, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
I think you are wrong , Kent has a Canadian division but is not a Canadian owned company.
They are part of the Gamebore conglomerate .

Nevertheless, Fassteel is very good ammo and is made with excellent components .
I would try the Score ammo however .
Cat
I believe it is the other way around Cat. Kent bought Gamebore.

From the Kent homepage.

A lot has happened at Kent Cartridge from our beginning in 1996 as a small group of sportsmen discussing the future of shotgunning to the innovative, international cartridge company we are today. Our goal was simple, develop a non-toxic shotshell that would equal and possibly exceed the performance of high quality lead waterfowl loads. We not only accomplished this, we exceeded even our expectations. In 1997, Kent purchased the Activ Cartridge factory in Kearneysville, West Virginia. This gave Kent a home base in the heart of wild and wonderful West Virginia. During the spring and fall, you can find Kent employees wandering the forests and fields around the plant hunting with Kent products. In 1998 Kent expanded to Europe with the acquisition of the Gamebore Cartridge Company in Hull, England. The Kent-Gamebore Corporation was formed and carries on business throughout North America and around the world.

I have seen a lot of SCORE at Sporting shoots this year and it has been well received.
Old 07-20-2014, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expmler View Post
I went through 2 cases of 3 inch #3 and 2 cases of 2 3\4 inch #3. They are great. I had to get them from the factory because no retailers around here carry them. Where are you getting them?
Ammo supply.ca in Calgary sells them, going to order a couple cases tonight.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:08 PM

Quote:
I believe it is the other way around Cat. Kent bought Gamebore.

From the Kent homepage.

A lot has happened at Kent Cartridge from our beginning in 1996 as a small group of sportsmen discussing the future of shotgunning to the innovative, international cartridge company we are today. Our goal was simple, develop a non-toxic shotshell that would equal and possibly exceed the performance of high quality lead waterfowl loads. We not only accomplished this, we exceeded even our expectations. In 1997, Kent purchased the Activ Cartridge factory in Kearneysville, West Virginia. This gave Kent a home base in the heart of wild and wonderful West Virginia. During the spring and fall, you can find Kent employees wandering the forests and fields around the plant hunting with Kent products. In 1998 Kent expanded to Europe with the acquisition of the Gamebore Cartridge Company in Hull, England. The Kent-Gamebore Corporation was formed and carries on business throughout North America and around the world.

I have seen a lot of SCORE at Sporting shoots this year and it has been well received.
You could be correct for sure , but nowhere does it say on their homepage that I saw that they are in fact. Canadian company .
I talked to their tech guy last year and will phone him tomorrow yo confirm hiw ever .
I just checked three different boxes of Kent ammonia and none of them nation anything about Canada .
They all say Kearneysville West Virginia.
If they were truly Canadian you 'd think they roiled state something like that.
Bottom line is they COULD be Canadian owned but they sure aren't MADE in Canada, unlike Score!

Cat

Last edited by catnthehat; 07-20-2014 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:37 AM

I just spoke with their vice President, who I have talked to before.
They are in fact Canadian owned, but they use Cheddite hulls and other OEM wads, and have no manufacturing facilities in Canada.

Cat
Old 07-21-2014, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
I just spoke with their vice President, who I have talked to before.
They are in fact Canadian owned, but they use Cheddite hulls and other OEM wads, and have no manufacturing facilities in Canada.

Cat
And that is all I suggested. A Canadian company with great products and I hope we can say the same about Prairie Shot twenty years from now.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:54 PM

Quote:
And that is all I suggested. A Canadian company with great products and I hope we can say the same about Prairie Shot twenty years from now.
They will have to be pretty danged good products to keep up with Kent/ Gamebore products, ya hit that right on the nail!!
I 'm going to attempt to order dome just to try it out.
Cat
Old 07-22-2014, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expmler View Post
Closest to you is probably Yorkton.

E.R.P. Pro Hardware
7 Broadway St.
S0C 2H0
Redvers, SK
306-452-3393

Jo-Brooks Firearms
909 24th St.
R7B 1Y5
Brandon, MB
204-727-3552

MacDonalds Sporting Goods LTD.