Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-25-2014, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacotensis View Post

Would you like me to dig up a thread and a post you made about king Ralph?
Remember?
Should be easy to find as they are so rare (negative comments about his looks). Would you care to make a friendly wager? I bet more negative comments have been made about Allison Redford's looks on this forum than Ralph Klein's. Do I have a taker? If you decline because everyone here loves Ralph here so there will be few, how about negative comments about Pierre Trudeau's looks? Jack Layton's? You really can't argue this one.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:49 AM

Curious the support to sell an Olympic medal, yet I recall vehement condemnation regarding selling military medals. In fact I believe it's actually against the law, isn't it? Both medals earned by an individual because of their personal actions. Just interesting.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:56 AM

I guess there is the freedom do as one wants and it is a freedom many fought and died for..

For myself I think of a medla like this as being priceless to the recipient.

I look at Joanie Rochette...(SP) and how valuable her medal is because it was not just acheived on her own but with support from her family and despite a personal tragedy went out and represented her country very well..

or Carl Lewis who took his gold medal and buried it with his Dad.....

I guess I am guilty of conferring my own ethics/morals/beliefs on someone else. All i can say is if this medal represents money then it already is cheapened by the recipient more than I ever could....

While I consider it opriceless I could never buy it because to me it needs to be earned and not boough and it is in the journey of attainment of the achaivement that is the true gift, not the result....