Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-25-2014, 06:40 PM

Thanks for all the good info. I guess I should say that I'm 6'3 and 235. I don't if that's bad or good, but I feel as I can do better. It's not that I'm not an active person. It used to be that every Saturday was spent walkin in the snow chasing coyotes but this winter had to many other things conflict so Ive fallen out of routine.
As for the mechanic being hard it's the being on the hard concrete floor all day. Twisting and contorting your body all day long working tight places on combines. Some days I just don't feel like exercise when I get home. But I'm working on it. Plan on doin some walking for spring bear.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:36 PM

I've been working on getting in better shape and losing some weight for 1-1/2 years now. I started at 265 ( I'm 5'10"). I'm down to 228 right now. Was down to 215 this past summer but spent most of the time travelling between the north end of Vacouver island and S.E. Corner of Sask. Gained some back due to not enough exercise and Restraunt food. Now that things settled down I'm back riding my exercise bike, treadmill and little bit of light weight lifting. I'm also using my fitness pal app to try to keep track of foods I eat. I've haven't really dropped much weight the last couple months but I gained better cardiovascular. My heart rate is slower with now doing same workout that I'd did 2 months ago.
I've done diets before and I've always been able to lose weight but always fall back and gain it back +. I bought a road bike last summer and really enjoy going for a 25-40 mile ride. Took a while to get the ***** in shape. Going to Phoenix in couple weeks to put some major mileage on my bike.
My wife and I booked an Africa hunt for July so I even have her trying to get in better shape.
Jim
Old 02-25-2014, 11:43 PM

I just bought a lighter rifle.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:52 PM
Banned

I have a weekly bottle route that changes on every tour; occasionally it will involve interaction with other users. That is when I get the stress training.
I also walk inclines, both stairs and terrain.