Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-25-2014, 12:02 PM

Default The pen is mightier than.....

Put on your thinking caps and write a friendly essay boys and girls.

Fill up the inbox

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-...AdIdZ569902804

Either get busy living, or get busy dying!
Old 02-25-2014, 12:54 PM
Banned

I'll get my boy to do this tonight. He would be thrilled to go on a hunt like that.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:56 PM
Gone Hunting

Wonder who's putting this on????

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 02-25-2014, 12:58 PM

I'm pretty sure Dac is onto our old aquaintence Chris.

For the un-informed, Chris is a crook and personally, I will never trust the guy.

http://www.kijiji.ca/o-posters-other-ads/78928516

But as suggested, feel free to fill the inbox if you have some spare time. I would tell tall tales of large dark trucks, treestands, and maybe throw in a first nations flair just to spice things up.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:01 PM
Banned

The add says it is Alberta Advantage Outfitters from Smith Alberta.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwm1273 View Post
The add says it is Alberta Advantage Outfitters from Smith Alberta.
Correct.

The below may enlighten you. In addition, on his Facebook page (recently moved to private) he bragged about having 'goons' at the calgary boat show for any hecklers, and I saw first-hand that he had a video camera filming everyone who came to his booth. What kind of person would be so professional so as to film every person who walked in front of his booth?

There's been plenty of threads on this topic, and will leave it at this. The below is a post he recently made on another forum.

Quote:
Yes, years ago we had a blemish on our record as fly fishing outfitters in Calgary. We're not proud of it but it happened (however this account of the events is exaggerated but non the less, it happened and we own it). Despite the keyboard jockeys best attempts to destroy us from their moms basement we are a thriving business (that is having a wildly succesfull weekend in Calgary). If the best they can come up with for facts is a hiccup 10 years ago by an immature kid then they don't have a chance to ever be taken seriously by people that really matter lol. You will have to come at me with a lot more than that to even dream about affecting us lol. The fact of the matter is that Alberta Advantage Outfitters is an honest Outfitter that operates legally with integrity and does more for the next generation of hunters in ten minutes than most will do in their lifetime. I'm here to stay and I don't care who dosn't like it. We provide a service that is in great demand for a very reasonable price and have earned the respect and loyalty of our valued customers. With so much chatter on the internet about trespassing, using stolen money to buy allocations (this one really cracks me up, I don't know where to start on how much is wrong with that fabrication), stolen deposits and the other gems floating around, I offer the following challenge:Show the world a single instance where Alberta Advantage Outfitters has broken or bent a single rule, show the world a single unsatisfied customer, show the world a single LEGITIMATE (not concocted like the rest of this drivel) complaint about wrong doing by us and then maybe people will take you seriously. I have spent 3 solid days chatting with Alberta resident hunters. Not a single one of them has ever seen the smear campaigns the keyboard jockeys spread about us. On the contrary, many of them have friends that have hunted with us, some of them even recognized old friends on our promotional dvd, lots of them came down to meet us on the recomendation of friends that have hunted with us. We sold a pile of hunts yesterday and today, that dosn't happen if you're not playing straight with people. So to those that wish to do us harm: bring it on fools. I'm better than you, you can't hurt me and I will win every time.
I know I wouldn't want a youth or family member in contact with this type of person.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:34 PM

Meh, nevermind. You can google his name and read for yourself. LOL
Old 02-25-2014, 01:48 PM

I would like to see what a well crafted letter to this advertisement, from some AO members would look like. :scared0015

Maybe a chain letter that gets added to.

Either get busy living, or get busy dying!
Old 02-25-2014, 02:14 PM

We are an APOS licensed, insured and bonded Outfitter
I could not find him on the apos site

LIFE IS TOUGH.....TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID.-------------------“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home”
Old 02-25-2014, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recce43 View Post
We are an APOS licensed, insured and bonded Outfitter
I could not find him on the apos site
http://www.apos.ab.ca/directory/by-name
Old 02-25-2014, 02:30 PM

i stand corrected. must be my computer skills

LIFE IS TOUGH.....TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID.-------------------“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home”
Old 02-25-2014, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recce43 View Post
i stand corrected. must be my computer skills
Doesn't mean much. APOS is well known for having members stay in good standing even though they commit wildlife offences. There's another thread here that says something along the lines of your allowed 3 offences in six years. So, you can break the rules every other year, get fined, and you're still ok.

If I were to go with an outfitter for some reason, I'd rely on research, references, and first person (not fabricated) testemonials. I'd never take APOS' word for it that they're in 'good standing'.