Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-06-2018, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Well I am back from hospital again hopefully for the long term this time.They told me the infection was cleared up and I was likely reacting to some of the meds. they had me on. I am pretty weak and it will take time to gain my strength back I know.
I very much appreciate the prayers and support from my fellow outdoorsmen on this forum.
God bless you for that.
Glad your home where you can get some real rest.

Hang in there and take one day at a time!
Old 06-07-2018, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Well I am back from hospital again hopefully for the long term this time.They told me the infection was cleared up and I was likely reacting to some of the meds. they had me on. I am pretty weak and it will take time to gain my strength back I know.
I very much appreciate the prayers and support from my fellow outdoorsmen on this forum.
God bless you for that.
Good to hear Jungleboy. Stay tough. Good luck.
Old 06-07-2018, 11:18 AM

Glad to hear all is going well. Take it easy and get better, dont push it.
Cheers.
Old 06-07-2018, 10:49 PM

Quote:
God bless you for that.
Is there anything you need help with? Got a zero turn, whipper snipper and a trailer that never sees enough use. Or any type of errands you need done? Have Fridays off on my new schedule and the wife and kids are at work and school. PM me if you like.

Glad to hear you are doing better.
Old 06-08-2018, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Is there anything you need help with? Got a zero turn, whipper snipper and a trailer that never sees enough use. Or any type of errands you need done? Have Fridays off on my new schedule and the wife and kids are at work and school. PM me if you like.

Glad to hear you are doing better.

Thank you very much for the offer, I have some great neighbors who have been very helpful with the yard and my kids are near by as well so all is well. I do really appreciate the offers from yourself and others on the site.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:30 PM

Default update

I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer one year ago, Colon cancer that had spread to my liver. They operated on me in April and the surgeon was very confident he got it all . They unzipped me from my lower chest to my waistline. After that I did 12 rounds of Chemo finishing this January. They say I'm cancer free at the moment. I will be 57 this year. I pretty much killed my business as I couldn't work and It was a one man show. I still have a minor surgery for a hernia to get sorted out ( a remnant from the big surgery last April.) .Then hopefully I can resurrect my little shop and go back to work .

I will say this ,it was a real eye opener the first time I walked into the Cross Cancer hospital. Most depressing scene ever,it is such a big facility and swamped with patients that are all in the same boat ,some will make it out some will not .I was shocked at the numbers ,no one in my family had ever been diagnosed with cancer so I figured it was the least of my worries. It can and does touch anyone, doesn't discriminate in any way .
The funny thing is everyone seemed to be ,while hoping for their own little miracle ,also hoping the person next to them got one too.

I am thankful everyday that I have a second chance at this game of life and plan to be around a long time.(God willing) .I have 3 children , 4 grand children and and a beautiful wife that I kind of enjoy being around.

I want to thank everyone on here who offered help and prayers.I see the light at the end of this tunnel ... hope it isn't a train coming
Old 02-12-2019, 07:37 PM
Gone Hunting

I Pray only the best for you. Hang in there. Cancer is a tough fight.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 02-12-2019, 07:38 PM

Glad to hear Pete, that is the best news a man could get.

Stay strong and wish you all the health and happiness!!

Old 02-12-2019, 07:42 PM

life is cruel been battling it for over a decade,

keep positive and enjoy every day a little
Jeff
Old 02-12-2019, 07:49 PM

Good update. Good to hear you are on the mend and looking ahead. With faith and today's medical world we are very fortunate. My faith and prayers are with you.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets

Last edited by Red Bullets; 02-12-2019 at 07:58 PM.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:50 PM

Glad to hear things are looking up for you. Wishing you all the best. What kind of shop do you have?

BW
Old 02-12-2019, 07:58 PM
Banned

Glad to hear you're on the rebound Pete. I was diagnosed with stage 3 colorectal at 43.

Jeff wishing you all the best.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:59 PM

Quote:
I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer one year ago, Colon cancer that had spread to my liver. They operated on me in April and the surgeon was very confident he got it all . They unzipped me from my lower chest to my waistline. After that I did 12 rounds of Chemo finishing this January. They say I'm cancer free at the moment. I will be 57 this year. I pretty much killed my business as I couldn't work and It was a one man show. I still have a minor surgery for a hernia to get sorted out ( a remnant from the big surgery last April.) .Then hopefully I can resurrect my little shop and go back to work .

I will say this ,it was a real eye opener the first time I walked into the Cross Cancer hospital. Most depressing scene ever,it is such a big facility and swamped with patients that are all in the same boat ,some will make it out some will not .I was shocked at the numbers ,no one in my family had ever been diagnosed with cancer so I figured it was the least of my worries. It can and does touch anyone, doesn't discriminate in any way .
The funny thing is everyone seemed to be ,while hoping for their own little miracle ,also hoping the person next to them got one too.

I am thankful everyday that I have a second chance at this game of life and plan to be around a long time.(God willing) .I have 3 children , 4 grand children and and a beautiful wife that I kind of enjoy being around.

I want to thank everyone on here who offered help and prayers.I see the light at the end of this tunnel ... hope it isn't a train coming
Thanks for sharing.Lost my mom ,diagnosed when she was in her mid 40's in 1980 and made it 5 years , never met any of her 12 grandchildren.
But somehow guides our actions every day.
Step daughter, 35 year old single mom to our only grandchild had 6.5cm square unexpected brain tumor removed last Oct. grandson still has his mom.

Lesson learned is medicine has come a long way, BUT, A Fighting spirit and indomitable will against all odds find a way to survive and thrive.

Long slow clap to you Sir
Old 02-12-2019, 08:11 PM

Good news for sure.

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 02-12-2019, 08:27 PM

Glad to hear you're on the mend, Jungleboy! There's a great group of fellow outdoorsmen/women pulling for you on here.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:43 PM

Good news for sure for you and your family,I pray that you have it licked this time,cancer is a terrible disease .bless you and your family.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.Doug larson. Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright.
Old 02-12-2019, 09:16 PM

Been there in 2010 and again in 2012.

I hold your hand on one side and Norwest Alta's on the other. bet we can make a human chain of prayer and energy of all those affected and effected by this curse.

Come hold my hand, positivity wins.
Old 02-12-2019, 09:27 PM

Wishing the best outcomes possible for all those facing cancer diagnosis. More long term survival stories every day.
Old 02-12-2019, 09:34 PM

Our thougts and prayers are with you.
I am the same age as you and it would basically end our small one- man farm as well if this would happen to me.
Another reasons to count my blessings instead of complaining about low commodity prices and cold weather.
Good luck, man.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:54 PM

Going to be an awesome 2019, whole new lease on life. Thanks for checking in and sharing the stellar news!!
Old 02-12-2019, 11:10 PM

Good to here you got through it all and on the mend, lots of people going through the Cross Cancer but I think it's a amazing place, they were awesome with me. Wish you a long live of tight lines and true bullets.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:15 AM

Great news Jungleboy.