Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-15-2009, 10:03 PM

Default Bushnell 6500 4.5-30x50

My concern is the recticle I found for it is listed as a mildot and Im worried the crosshairs will be to thick for shooting out to 1000yrds. I found the 4200 way to thick and not enough elevation. if anyone has some info on the crosshair thickness and how this scope performs at looooong distances it would be much appreciated.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:52 PM

I own one, and frankly the optics at 30 power are a bit dim, and unsharp. Even compared to the 3200, and 4200, it just doesn't seem quite as clear. Sure it magnifies everything, but there is a price. I got mine with a fine crosshair, and that part is not too bad.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Rollo View Post
I own one, and frankly the optics at 30 power are a bit dim, and unsharp. Even compared to the 3200, and 4200, it just doesn't seem quite as clear. Sure it magnifies everything, but there is a price. I got mine with a fine crosshair, and that part is not too bad.
Are you able to see clear enough to shoot out to 1000 yards? Also are the turrets accurate and last was it worth the price tag, would you buy it again
Thanx
Old 10-19-2009, 11:30 AM

I can see clear out to 500, at least clear enough to identify the shot on steel plate painted white. The turret seems good, I adjusted it 8 minutes of angle, and was zero at five hundred. When I turned it back to my zero at one hundred, it was still in the one inch ring. It is a little too easy to turn for my liking, but seems to stay put. For the money, it is just not as clear as I would like. I would spend more for next time, and get something a little higher end. For example Night force 5.5-22 x 56 gives a better picture, with lower magnification. Twice the price.