Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-26-2011, 05:59 PM
Banned

Default isle lake

hey everyone heard a rumor that isle lake has been winterkilled any comfermation on this thanks
Old 02-26-2011, 06:03 PM

I would have to say false. Dad was out last week with my Uncle and they did pretty good.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:52 AM

I caught a few small pike and small perch last week but it does not look good at this time. Maybe they just arn't biteing because of so many shrimp that they got to feed on. Was marking a lot of tiny perch on the flasher in one spot on the lake out of about 10. The other 9 nothing at all. Yet most of the markings may have been tiny feeder fish ( minnows ). The water is realy dirty this year. Maybe it is because of a water turn over? Was not able to get to my honey hole to tell for sure tho. Too much snow and got stuck half way there. Should know for sure in a few more weeks. Sure hope it warms up soon and melts some snow.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:20 AM

When we punched holes the ice was just peppered with shrimp and I was assuming that they were living just under the ice so could be pulled up with the auger. I figured too they would be awesome food for perch but I thought perch mostly stay near the bottom so how can these two come in good contact with each other? If perch can feed on shrimp they would have little reason to be hungry and that might explain why they weren't biting but in that case one would still see them if they existed. Just over a week ago I caught 5 tiny guys in about 15 FOW and then nothing for the rest of the day as we moved shallower. We did see and catch pike as well as see some type of baifish on the flasher and camera.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry B View Post
When we punched holes the ice was just peppered with shrimp and I was assuming that they were living just under the ice so could be pulled up with the auger. I figured too they would be awesome food for perch but I thought perch mostly stay near the bottom so how can these two come in good contact with each other? If perch can feed on shrimp they would have little reason to be hungry and that might explain why they weren't biting but in that case one would still see them if they existed. Just over a week ago I caught 5 tiny guys in about 15 FOW and then nothing for the rest of the day as we moved shallower. We did see and catch pike as well as see some type of baifish on the flasher and camera.
what do yo mean by baifish. never heard of the term
Old 03-01-2011, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishunter View Post
what do yo mean by baifish. never heard of the term
Sorry, supposed to be 'bait fish'.