Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-24-2021, 07:38 AM

Default Ryan's Meats

https://www.ryansmeats.com/

Earlier this week Ryan's Meats was broken into. According to Noel its about the fifth time since he's been an owner (~11 years).

Roughly $1000 of product was taken, but tens of thousands of damage was done to the storefront and interior (total cost TBD).

I've always been treated well and seen fair pricing out of this place. It could be a bit before they are operational (not sure) but please phone over there and if you can, stop in and support a great local Calgary business.

They don't get big by being dumb.
Old 06-24-2021, 07:45 AM

They interviewed him on the radio yesterday, poor guy is beside himself over the damage to his store.
Old 06-24-2021, 08:27 AM

Poor guy, many of you might recall that he used to work the gun counter at WSS a decade or more back, he’s one of us. Thank our local revolving door courts, I would wager the suspects have records.
Old 06-24-2021, 09:04 AM

Real good people. Cut and wrapped a Bison for me . It's enough to make you barf that the scumbags prey on a man trying to make an honest living.
But......i think i would of had the place like Fort Knox after the second or third time . Heavier doors , sliding metal mesh over all the windows , whatever. Suffering the cost of break-in with stolen stock and vandalism plus loss of revenue while you get back up and running is significant.
Old 06-24-2021, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackleyman View Post
Real good people. Cut and wrapped a Bison for me . It's enough to make you barf that the scumbags prey on a man trying to make an honest living.
But......i think i would of had the place like Fort Knox after the second or third time . Heavier doors , sliding metal mesh over all the windows , whatever. Suffering the cost of break-in with stolen stock and vandalism plus loss of revenue while you get back up and running is significant.
That's the funny thing. All that is in place.
Old 06-24-2021, 10:30 AM
AO Sponsor

Being the victim of such break in's and theft's in at my own company and previous places of employment, I can related to the frustration and sadness when such things happen... Thieves suck!

Support local and help get him back to a good place in both mind and business!
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 06-24-2021, 02:54 PM

That's sad to hear.

We lived next door to Noel many years ago and still miss him. He's a stand-up guy who I know, even after all this time, would come to help if we needed him.

We both moved away, us to a bigger place and Noel, probably because he got sh*t from the condo board for hanging a deer from a tree in his backyard

He'll recover, he's a pull-yourself-up-by-your-bootstraps sort of guy, but if you're nearby and can help him out, that would be more than terrific.
Old 06-24-2021, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
Being the victim of such break in's and theft's in at my own company and previous places of employment, I can related to the frustration and sadness when such things happen... Thieves suck!

Support local and help get him back to a good place in both mind and business!
it is happening way to much
Old 06-24-2021, 05:32 PM

The part that really burns my butt is that you can watch the scumbags out about doing there thing all the time. Lots of homeless riding E-Bikes?? I go and park and guys pull up asking if I want a tv cheap?? Many times I see 20 somethings parked in their BMW's with people pulling up and giving them money to shake hands??

All of this and our police force has to deal with a crappy justice system and having the public crying the blues about them being mean to them.

Rant over before I go to far and .............................

Dodger.