Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-22-2021, 05:20 PM

Default Hydro Bill

My stepson lives in Edmonton and say's his last bill was double up to $300.00. Has anyone else noticed a raise in utility bills in Edmonton?
Old 06-22-2021, 05:26 PM

My epcor bill I just paid was normal (elecricity, water, garbage removal).
Old 06-22-2021, 06:13 PM

choose spot power and choose the guaranteed rate
avoid the fluctuations
Old 06-22-2021, 07:58 PM

Was it a thirteenth month adjustment?
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 06-22-2021, 10:09 PM

My bills have appeared normal when accounting for fluctuations in the rates. A little higher than they should be, thanks Justin.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKP View Post
My bills have appeared normal when accounting for fluctuations in the rates. A little higher than they should be, thanks Justin.
Carbon taxes are significant. But hey. We get it back...right? Umm. No. All the kids who fill out a tax form get it.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 06-23-2021, 06:18 AM

Tell him to look into signing up for afixed rate contract.
Old 06-23-2021, 09:55 AM

Question Something's fishy

You should ask to see his last 3 utility bills for comparison, the issue will likely be obvious. ie. number of days in the billing period, total energy usage, older bills with underestimated usage that finally got caught up by an actual reading, increase in kWh cost, etc.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 06-23-2021, 07:21 PM

OK, Thanks for the replies.
Old 06-23-2021, 09:34 PM

You can send a thank you card to that stupid cow Notley for messing with the PPAs. The delivery and other fees are a percentage of the electricity charges. AND the cost for KWhour has gone from 3.5cents to close to 9. So that means everything doubles or triples. Why the NDP have to mess with electricity in any province they get in charge of is a mystery...but it sure screws home owners.
Old 06-23-2021, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red 250 View Post
My stepson lives in Edmonton and say's his last bill was double up to $300.00. Has anyone else noticed a raise in utility bills in Edmonton?
Who is his provider? Fixed rate? Floating? My last monthly bill from Enmax for electricity was $91 all taxes and fees in for floating electricity. I have never lost (in the long term) choosing floating over fixed rate
Old 06-23-2021, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban rednek View Post
You should ask to see his last 3 utility bills for comparison, the issue will likely be obvious. ie. number of days in the billing period, total energy usage, older bills with underestimated usage that finally got caught up by an actual reading, increase in kWh cost, etc.
I agree ..... check consumption ..... sometimes a runny leaky toilet, or dripping faucet can surprise you how much water use goes up. Happened to me - basement toilet - nobody noticed ..... until the bill came ...
Old 06-24-2021, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
I agree ..... check consumption ..... sometimes a runny leaky toilet, or dripping faucet can surprise you how much water use goes up. Happened to me - basement toilet - nobody noticed ..... until the bill came ...
I believe the ref to Hydro Bill in the OP suggest that we are talking electricity here. At least that is what I would expect given that no other utility is mentioned......................I've been wrong before
Old 06-24-2021, 07:20 PM

Step-son said hydro, so I passed it on as that. Now he say's most likely water.
Old 06-25-2021, 08:10 AM

It was Klieken that messed with our power when he might have been sober. We only payed for power before he came along as premier. Now we pay monthly for every power line that was already built by power companies.