Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-03-2021, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Seems like you're using the same argument from when I said Tampa's PP was "lethal". How'd that work out?

Thanks for just swooping in and calling me a liar out of the blue though. Goes along way! And I'm curious, what exactly would my "agenda" on a hockey play be?
It’s getting pretty clear that you don’t watch games at all ! You said in another statement that you don’t think the Habs play a physical game and won’t come back at Winnipeg. Clearly no clue. Scheifele clearly was mad that he lost the race to the puck and took it out on Evans. You go to replays and stats then come on here to argue with anyone you can ! Half the times you post it is started with “ I didn’t see much of the game, but “ Carry on though.
Old 06-04-2021, 12:33 AM

Boy was I wrong.. I watched it a dozen times and just saw a really hard hit at pretty much perfect timing... circa Scott Stevens.

I am not sure what George is doing, but the un-written rule for quite some time is the playoffs are a 2 for 1. I not sure anyone would expect an 8 game suspension in the regular season for a player with zero history, for a hit like that. That is 10% of a regular season.

I will say this, the Habs were fairly quick to diagnose a concussion and rule Evans out for play. I sure that played a major role in the suspension length. I am sure the Habs are happy trading Evans for Scheifele.
Old 06-04-2021, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habfan View Post
It’s getting pretty clear that you don’t watch games at all ! You said in another statement that you don’t think the Habs play a physical game and won’t come back at Winnipeg. Clearly no clue. Scheifele clearly was mad that he lost the race to the puck and took it out on Evans. You go to replays and stats then come on here to argue with anyone you can! Half the times you post it is started with “ I didn’t see much of the game, but “ Carry on though.
A few comments:

-I actually didn't say that at all, did I? Winnipeg almost outhit them 2:1 in the first game, and lost. I said, Winnipeg, being younger, heavier, taller, and slower team, likely wouldn't mind at all if Montreal thought they needed retribution and instead of continue doing what won them game 1, just started running around trying to hit everyone one.

-I wasn't arguing with anyone, I was replying to a guy who apparently agreed with me, that 4 was more than we thought he'd get.

-Instead of whatever you're doing, why not tell me why I'm wrong, did he leave his feet, did he elbow, was the initial point of contact the head, do you think it's charging if you coast the last 20+ feet prior to contact, is hitting someone because you're mad an illegal play? Do you need to have watched the entire game to comment on the hit?

You come slag on me for having an opinion you don't agree with, but don't actually offer anything to the discussion, just posted to rag on me. Pretty poor argument.
Old 06-04-2021, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Boy was I wrong.. I watched it a dozen times and just saw a really hard hit at pretty much perfect timing... circa Scott Stevens.

I am not sure what George is doing, but the un-written rule for quite some time is the playoffs are a 2 for 1. I not sure anyone would expect an 8 game suspension in the regular season for a player with zero history, for a hit like that. That is 10% of a regular season.

I will say this, the Habs were fairly quick to diagnose a concussion and rule Evans out for play. I sure that played a major role in the suspension length. I am sure the Habs are happy trading Evans for Scheifele.
Agreed.

As for George, people haven't know for years, this isn't a new thing.
Old 06-04-2021, 06:27 AM

He got 4 games and deserved them, those that think it was just a hard hit either don't know squat about hockey or are just trolling to see if they can stir the pot

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 06-04-2021, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
I thought he'd get a fine or one game. Some pretty good video's online showing he didn't leave his feet, didn't elbow, initial point of contact was not the head, borderline charging. Oh well...
Borderline charging? Under the rules, charging is charging.

I like Scheifele. He made a mistake, and now paying his dues.

Let's move on...
Old 06-04-2021, 06:53 AM

The part that makes no sense to me, is that Scheifele, with no previous history of major penalties or suspensions gets four games, and the goon Reaves, only gets two games , for intent to injure,after being suspended previously, and driving another players face into a goalpost the previous game.
Old 06-04-2021, 06:58 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig-Rat View Post
4 games is more than I was thinking. I thought 2 max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I said the series....which is the remaining 4 games.

The game has changed that players are making decisions based on the fact the rules protect players to a point but you should still keep your head on a swivel and remain aware or you will occasionally take a nap.....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 06-04-2021, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldedw View Post
He got 4 games and deserved them, those that think it was just a hard hit either don't know squat about hockey or are just trolling to see if they can stir the pot
How original for the internet, you don't like someone's opinion so you call them a troll or question their intelligences.

You could start your own thread that only you are allowed to post on, that way every post will be perfect.
Old 06-06-2021, 09:42 PM
Banned

Dayuum, the HABS...who would have thought
Old 06-07-2021, 09:08 PM

Scheifele suspension going carry into next season. That was such a dumb play.

Habs are showing why you pay a goalie 10mil.
Old 06-07-2021, 10:16 PM

Scheifele still has to answer the bell next season. Chiarot will likely end up with a broken hand again.
Old 06-08-2021, 06:48 AM

Lord Price has spoken.....next!

Old 06-08-2021, 07:41 AM

I'll bet the house that nobody picked the Habs to come out of the north, get into the playoffs at the last minute and away they go, just proves that once you make the playoffs it's a new season and anything can happen.

Of course they had a bit of motivation from Schieflie's bone headed hit but it's playoff hockey, they rest now and wait for the winner of LV and Colorado who are pounding each other and going 6 games min. The last cdn team in it and I really don't like cheering for the Habs but somehow I hope they pull off another miracle.

Old 06-08-2021, 07:50 AM

I sure like this Caufield kid! Veterans are doing great also. And as usual, Price is well...Price.

Good chemistry in this team. Fun to watch.

I like their chances...
Old 06-08-2021, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Lord Price has spoken.....next!
So how come you went for the Jets in the Playoff pool?

Asking for a friend...

I went with the Habs...
Old 06-08-2021, 08:53 AM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McCracken View Post
So how come you went for the Jets in the Playoff pool?

Asking for a friend...

I went with the Habs...
Well judging by my past record like my Canucks Why change...they Golf and I fish earlier then most

The good thing is the Habs can rest a bit now....tend to some bumps and bruises.

Old 06-08-2021, 11:12 AM

Quote:
I'll bet the house that nobody picked the Habs to come out of the north, get into the playoffs at the last minute and away they go, just proves that once you make the playoffs it's a new season and anything can happen.

Of course they had a bit of motivation from Schieflie's bone headed hit but it's playoff hockey, they rest now and wait for the winner of LV and Colorado who are pounding each other and going 6 games min. The last cdn team in it and I really don't like cheering for the Habs but somehow I hope they pull off another miracle.
Tara Sloan predicted the Habs in 4, that was for the Jets series.
Old 06-08-2021, 01:40 PM

Quote:

In my playoff pool we take 20 players . 2 Goalies, 6 dman , and 12 forwards

I took 7 HABS. The doubly whammy was the leaf series where so many took leafs. Win or lose I go with my heart and my team!
Health
Price misses around 18 games, Gallagher about 20, Weber 6-7 down the stretch. Combine with the covid scare in MTL they played last 21 games in 44 days or so. Tough road.
Healthy minus Evans ( thanks Schieffle) and now Petry with what I suspect is broken finger. Rolling 4 lines with balanced minutes is huge in playoff hockey.

Keep rollin boys!!! Go Habs Go!!!!
Old 06-08-2021, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habfan View Post
Tara Sloan predicted the Habs in 4, that was for the Jets series.
She is either a brilliant hockey mind or she picked with her heart either way good for her

Old 06-08-2021, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1 View Post
In my playoff pool we take 20 players . 2 Goalies, 6 dman , and 12 forwards

I took 7 HABS. The doubly whammy was the leaf series where so many took leafs. Win or lose I go with my heart and my team!
Health
Price misses around 18 games, Gallagher about 20, Weber 6-7 down the stretch. Combine with the covid scare in MTL they played last 21 games in 44 days or so. Tough road.
Healthy minus Evans ( thanks Schieffle) and now Petry with what I suspect is broken finger. Rolling 4 lines with balanced minutes is huge in playoff hockey.

Keep rollin boys!!! Go Habs Go!!!!
Yeah... We(AO) go with the Sportsnet one...

And I applaud the AO guy (cat 58) for setting it up....Truly...

But..Sportsnet has a pizz poor Playoff format...Should be more player related
Old 06-08-2021, 10:56 PM

Looks like Colorado will be done, Vegas got there things in order. If that happens Montreal will be put in its place.
Old 06-09-2021, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoff View Post
Looks like Colorado will be done, Vegas got there things in order. If that happens Montreal will be put in its place.
Habs are going to have their hands full for sure. I hope they allow more fans in the stands for the next round. Will be odd seeing full house in Vegas ( or Colorado) then back to Montreal, in front of a small portion of the arena with people.
Old 06-09-2021, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McCracken View Post
Yeah... We(AO) go with the Sportsnet one...

And I applaud the AO guy (cat 58) for setting it up....Truly...

But..Sportsnet has a pizz poor Playoff format...Should be more player related
They use too and it was a blast....I voice my opinion believe me....they use to have it set up like the regular season hockey pool where you pick players each round except for the last two rounds where you get what you pick and hope for the best....way more fun!

I got a feeling after this they will change back to the old format!

Ohhh well my gut set me wrong to my heart this playoff pool

I like Price...should have taken Habs....I like flower so should have taken Vegas....but my gut said the teams they were up against are more deep....

Old 06-09-2021, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoff View Post
I like being underdogs..... is great!!!! Happened twice already. Nice sending millionaires to the golf course !!!!!
Old 06-09-2021, 09:08 AM

Yup I'm sure that the Habs are hoping they go 7 games and beat the crap out of each other, I thought for sure that the Av's would win last night but it's the playoffs so anything can happen, got to give the edge to LV now

Old 06-09-2021, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Yup I'm sure that the Habs are hoping they go 7 games and beat the crap out of each other, I thought for sure that the Av's would win last night but it's the playoffs so anything can happen, got to give the edge to LV now
Yeah me too. Hit the bed when it was 2-0 and found out this morning Knights came back....... and Fleury let that soft one in .
Flip a coin in that series. I bet it goes 7.

Lightning are hitting on all cylinders and dispose of a great team in 5. Flying under the radar a bit but defending champs are the favorites in my eyes.
Old 06-09-2021, 07:19 PM

I haven't watch much of the series but, by do the NYI look good against the Bruins tonight
Old 06-10-2021, 08:26 AM

When you look at the playoffs this year most of the top teams are gone
Central division #1 and #2 gone, East Division #1, #2 and #3 gone, North Division #1, #2 and #3 gone the only division where the top seeds are still in it is the west and the Av's #1 and president trophy winners could be gone tonight, it's the playoffs and anything can happen.

I'll agree that last nights Bruins - Islanders game was a dandy as was the Av's and LV the night before.

Old 06-14-2021, 10:33 PM

Well was nice to see Canfield score a playoff goal, but the Habs look to be in tough, as expected. Vegas is so strong, may be a short series