Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-24-2018, 07:13 PM

Default Night force compact

Anyone have or use one these for a hunting rifle?
Old 02-24-2018, 07:18 PM

Lots of reticle choices. A bit heavier than more typical choices. Would be durable.
Old 02-24-2018, 07:26 PM

Like the zero stop option. Currently have a Ziess rapid Z and a luepold with turrets. Would it be better than either one of these? Looks like 100 moa adjustment on both wind age and elevation. With 32 mm objective and low magnification wondering about the longer distance
Old 02-25-2018, 12:58 PM

I had a 2.5-10-x42 with illumination with Zero stop. The only reason I sold it was i didn't love the mil dot reticle for hunting and I never really got use to mil adjustments.

Zero stop turret was great. Very durable scope. I think it was around 20 ounces which really isn't too bad. The "power throw" lever is very handy. Great FOV an 10 power is enough for the distances I hunt big game.

I would buy one again. I think the extra 4 ounces or so is worth it unless you have a lightweight set up.
Old 02-25-2018, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeslayer22 View Post
Like the zero stop option. Currently have a Ziess rapid Z and a luepold with turrets. Would it be better than either one of these? Looks like 100 moa adjustment on both wind age and elevation. With 32 mm objective and low magnification wondering about the longer distance
I now have the Leupold VX6 2-12. The Nightforce turrets are way better. Glass is similar. Leupold is 4 ounces lighter. I like the basic Leupold duplex reticle better for hunting, its a little thicker.