Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-29-2013, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Badger View Post
Who says Alberta wants secular legislation?

Who cares anyway?
Quebec is the most racist provinbce in the country...they use a document they7 refused to sign to thumb their noses at everyone and they have been on the nations teat sincxe transfer payementswas first legislated.

All they have going for them is a dairy industry, maple syrup and an NHL franchise.
Google Plan Nord. There is actually a great deal of resources in arctic Quebec, but a real reluctance exists to tap into it.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:36 PM
Banned

I either caught it on cbc or ctv,, brb
Old 08-30-2013, 12:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by riden View Post
Google Plan Nord. There is actually a great deal of resources in arctic Quebec, but a real reluctance exists to tap into it.
Thats not Quebec...thats Ruperts Land
Old 08-30-2013, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gust View Post
I either caught it on cbc or ctv,, brb
Actually you missed it, but it is late.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:45 AM

I don't consider their NHL team something they have going for them.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:28 AM

I don't know where I stand on this one.... On one hand, public institutions shouldn't favor one ethnicity over an other. On the other hand, how can you be denied you religious freedom? This is more than buddy wearing a turban at 7-11. It's buddy wearing one being a SQ or working the wicket at the National Assembly for instance.

I really don't care if the speaker of the house or and RCMP wears one, as long as that person does not discriminate. Then again, isn't that what they (Marois) are doing?

One thing is true. Quebec is over 400 years old and is the cradle of OUR collective history and it should be fostered carefully and wisely. It's part of mine and all of ours too...
Old 08-30-2013, 07:40 AM

Talking

I think people are jeolousy of Quebec the average person down there only works 30 hours a week ,,and the woman are hot,and they have churchill falls which joey smallwood gave away ,,,,,,,Quebec is a very rich province i can see why they want to separate from canada ,,no to funny hats and costumes.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by great white whaler View Post
I think people are jeolousy of Quebec the average person down there only works 30 hours a week ,,and the woman are hot,and they have churchill falls which joey smallwood gave away ,,,,,,,Quebec is a very rich province i can see why they want to separate from canada ,,no to funny hats and costumes.
I agree to the extent that folks there seem to be more singleminded and have a better sense of how democracy works and what they want from it.
In all fairness if we were largely isolated by language and all of our politicians, media types etc were telling us that we could have autonomy and association with the rest of Canada/...we'd probably be separtists too.

But....there really isn't much to envy.
I've lived there.... the taxes are horrible, the government and police as corrupt as anywhere and being an anglo...
Old 08-30-2013, 08:42 AM

Shouldn't be an issue really. They shouldn't even have to address it.

If you get a job and your religious attire doesn't fit in with the dress code/requirements of that job, too bad. If your turbin doesn't affect anything, who cares if they wear it.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhuntley12 View Post
Shouldn't be an issue really. They shouldn't even have to address it.

If you get a job and your religious attire doesn't fit in with the dress code/requirements of that job, too bad. If your turbin doesn't affect anything, who cares if they wear it.
True.

Another thing to keep in mind is the face covers etc... are NOT required by religion...they are cultural items only.

Denying someone the right to wear what amounts to a disguise in public is not a violation of basic human rights on religious grounds.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:26 AM

Quote:
True.

Another thing to keep in mind is the face covers etc... are NOT required by religion...they are cultural items only.

Denying someone the right to wear what amounts to a disguise in public is not a violation of basic human rights on religious grounds.
Well, true, but in Quebec which 'struggles' to maintain it's 'cultural identity' should that not be a right? To maintain a distinct cultural identity?

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 08-30-2013, 02:46 PM

Quote:
True.

Amen! oops...........
Old 08-30-2013, 07:52 PM
Banned

I was taking so long last night trying to find her saying it on video that I almost forgot that I had to get up for work; the statement "Country of Quebec" is in this article from Montreal and in bold letters;

http://www.cjad.com/CJADLocalNews/en...tryID=10583041

Bill 14 could have only months to live

Posted By: Richard Deschamps richard.deschamps@cjad.com ˇ 8/29/2013 1:57:00 PM

There are strong hints that the Parti Quebecois' controversial language update, Bill 14, could end up getting killed off by the end of the year.

As she wrapped up the PQ's caucus retreat in the Gaspé region today, Premier Pauline Marois says negotiations with the opposition on changes to the law are 'difficult', but she also says she isn't willing to water it down any further in order to make it palatable to the Liberals and the CAQ.

The PQ needs the support of one of those parties to have Bill 14 passed. The CAQ allowed the legislation to pass second reading in the National Assembly this past spring, but they say they want significant changes to the law before they can give it its backing.

Marois added that if Bill 14 doesn't pass by the end of the fall session, she'll let it die.

Meanwhile, the premier insists her equally controversial charter of values wasn't created to purposefully drive a wedge between Quebec and Ottawa.

"We don't want to adopt a charter of values because we're against the government of Ottawa," she says. "We do that for us. We do that for the population of Quebec."

She insists the charter is designed to make it clear to newcomers to "the country of Quebec" what is considered acceptable for those looking to work with the Quebec government.