Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-06-2012, 10:40 PM

My plan to close out the event will be to use a approved picture for the final poster with updated names and sponsors. This poster will be mailed out as a thank you .
Old 03-07-2012, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
My plan to close out the event will be to use a approved picture for the final poster with updated names and sponsors. This poster will be mailed out as a thank you .

Much appreciated, thank you!

http://youtu.be/ZLDzPH-cBhw
Old 03-07-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
although I can feel chubb wincing as he reads this, it really was/is too important a deal to be a one off, maybe we can have more organizers for the next one,cant see someone doing a better job than he did though. I really hope we can do it again. There are a bunch of kids running around with some great never to be forgotten memories, and one little girl whos probably still running around trying to wear off 10 sugars and a hot chocolate! I bet that was a crazy bus ride home, all those kids hopped up on sugar hot dogs and chocolate!!!!
Thanks very much WC, very kind of you to say. The fact remains it was a joint effort of many generous people for 1 cause. The cause to expose the children to a day of fun and smiles with a introduction to a sport that needs young anglers to carry on the tradition.

YOU ALL PUT ON A FIRST CLASS SAFE EVENT, ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD. NOTHING PRODUCES GOOD RESULTS LIKE JUST DOING IT, SITTING ON YOUR HANDS OR BEOTCHING IS JUST A SLOW DEATH. I THANK YOU ALL AND I WILL NEVER FORGET WHAT YOU ALL HAVE DONE.

Just talked to a club exec and picture review is taking place right now, hopefully with a release tomorrow
Old 03-12-2012, 09:29 PM

1 club has released pictures for publication, still waiting on 1 club to release pics.

The Fisherman Guy and myself are working on a final poster with a mix of the approved pictures and a listing of sponsors and volunteers on the bottom. Similar to the original poster.

Word has slowly drifted thru the industry and ive been getting positive messages, you should all be very proud of what you have done.

Thanks everyone
Old 03-12-2012, 10:01 PM

p.s......Huge thank you to bobloblaw for taking the pictures that are being reviewed right now.
Some great pics
Old 03-12-2012, 10:06 PM

Looking forward to it.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:13 PM

sorry its taking so long but its no ones fault, its just the way the process goes.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:24 AM

no rush, looking forward to seeing it! what date is the next one?

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 03-14-2012, 09:21 AM

Good morning everyone,

First thank you to everyone who supported this event for the Boys and Girls Clubs! Everyone did an amazing job and I know first hand the memories these youth went home with and how they are still talking about there day. It says alot about the group of people you are and how important it was for you all to give back to these kids and give them a day they will never forget.

From everyone who supplied the hot chocolate, the fishing tents, the rods, their time and expertise, the food, the port a potties, etc you were wonderfu. I wish that I could thank you all personally, and let you know the impact that you had on kids that day. Below are the kids thank you's to all of you. Know that you were appreciated and the kids had the time of their lives, and you all made a difference in a kids life that day.

new fish.jpg

New fish 2.jpg

new fish 3.jpg
Old 03-14-2012, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinfishincampin View Post
Good morning everyone,

First thank you to everyone who supported this event for the Boys and Girls Clubs! Everyone did an amazing job and I know first hand the memories these youth went home with and how they are still talking about there day. It says alot about the group of people you are and how important it was for you all to give back to these kids and give them a day they will never forget.

From everyone who supplied the hot chocolate, the fishing tents, the rods, their time and expertise, the food, the port a potties, etc you were wonderfu. I wish that I could thank you all personally, and let you know the impact that you had on kids that day. Below are the kids thank you's to all of you. Know that you were appreciated and the kids had the time of their lives, and you all made a difference in a kids life that day.

Attachment 48733

Attachment 48734

Attachment 48735
I for one was glad to help out, and I am certain every other volunteer feels the same way. I hope we can do the same again someday.

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 03-14-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinfishincampin View Post
Good morning everyone,

Attachment 48733

Attachment 48734

Attachment 48735
Appreciate the message.
thank you very much
Old 03-14-2012, 11:51 PM

okay guys, im not intentionally not responding to your suggestions and questions about next year, lol, maybe i am. hahhahaha

I do like the fund raising ideas, I think the event will only improve with time as it polishes the rough edges. I admit at this time it would be better handled with more key organizers, it was to the point it was just too much for my family and that brings up a good point.....Thank You to my family without you it would never have happened. Your commitment of money, time and support was huge and no one will ever know the true amount of the combined contribution. Thank You.

I really like the enthusiasim for another event next year and i would support it in any way i can. The fact of the matter is i still need to bring closure to this past event. Proper appreciation must be shown to the supporters to lay the ground work for another event if it is to happen. So once again im in panic mode as 1 month past the event approaches quickly.

There is also more drama with accusations of the event being put on by a certain organization. The truth of the matter is these accusations are completely false in every way and if anyone wants to interogate me , just call!!!!! I have all my paper work in place and emails saved which links this event in no way shape or form to that certain organization. All of this at this time of the game has definetly dampened my spirits and i personally think its a insult to ALL the kind people who participated.

On to happier post event talk...
Thanks Kacie from the Airdrie club for taking great pics and reviewing them for release so quickly, they will make a super poster.

I have a message on my phone from Rapala who tells me from different sources he has heard the event was a success and congradulates ALL the volunteers.

With the season nearing the end I took a few days to get in some fishing but its full on back to event biz and getting this years event closed out.

Thanks everyone
Old 06-24-2012, 09:11 PM

Default Thank you sponsors

As you all remember, there was a huge showing of support by many corporate sponsors and AOF members and their families for the First Annual Ice Fishing Day for the Boys and Girls Club.

The amount of time, effort, donations and hard work which were given were what made this event possible.

If you would like a digital copy of the posters for the event, please PM me your email address and I will gladly send you a copy of each.

Thank you all for your hard work, time and effort put into this event. I am proud to be a part of a great showing of spectacular people and support for an event such as this. An extra BIG thank you to the event captain, Chubbdarter. Thanks for your leadership and persistence to ensure that the kids were well taken care of while on the ice.

Looking forward to next year!!
Old 06-25-2012, 12:06 AM

Thanks for posting TFG. Looking forward to next year as well, I'll bring my trusty sidekick again
Old 06-25-2012, 06:21 PM

Thank you TFG, please also thank Raffi. It looks great and will now allow us to proceed with the Second Event

TFG you been a huge help from start to finnish, and i very much appreciate all your work
Old 06-25-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:
thank you tfg, please also thank raffi. It looks great and will now allow us to proceed with the second event

tfg you been a huge help from start to finnish, and i very much appreciate all your work
x10!

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 06-25-2012, 08:13 PM

also if the final poster contains mistakes please direct your bullets at me. TFG and Raffi were provided all info from me and then designed the poster, they are not responsible for any mistakes or missing info.

If there are problems in any way with the final poster its MY FAULT AND ONLY MY FAULT.

I THANK EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND GENEROUSITY. GOOD STILL EXISTS IN THE SPORT OF FISHING
Old 06-25-2012, 08:15 PM

the plan will be to take a group pic this year......as long as murphy doesnt decide to do what he did to me last year again!!!!!!

thanks everyone
Old 06-25-2012, 08:46 PM

Murphy did what he was supposed to do last year Chubb - a special day that will remain in many kids minds for years, and a chance for us men and women of the sport to support youth in exploring a new hobby, and getting out for a day of fun which otherwise would have more than likely not happened for them. You can sit back in the Laz-y boy now chubb
Old 06-27-2012, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fisherman Guy View Post
As you all remember, there was a huge showing of support by many corporate sponsors and AOF members and their families for the First Annual Ice Fishing Day for the Boys and Girls Club.

The amount of time, effort, donations and hard work which were given were what made this event possible.

If you would like a digital copy of the posters for the event, please PM me your email address and I will gladly send you a copy of each.

Thank you all for your hard work, time and effort put into this event. I am proud to be a part of a great showing of spectacular people and support for an event such as this. An extra BIG thank you to the event captain, Chubbdarter. Thanks for your leadership and persistence to ensure that the kids were well taken care of while on the ice.

Looking forward to next year!!

Is this process working for all that want a poster?
Old 06-27-2012, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Is this process working for all that want a poster?
works for me. thanks again for all your hard work that went into making this event a success chub. look forward to participating again next winter.

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 06-28-2012, 10:29 AM

Yep,

Got mine emailed to me, works for me.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:14 PM

TTT, any volunteers who want to print off the poster, please pm The Fisherman Guy
Old 07-08-2012, 09:16 PM

Spent some time reconectting with some sponsors delivering thank you posters(posters that The Fisherman Guy arranged and paid for, Thanks Bro), others are still in the mail or have been recieved.

I have not solicited in any way for any support as of yet but sponsors are volunteering support and commitment to help again.

Its July and i hate to ask.......but you know the question

if the answer is YES and if there seem to be a long term commitment , i will set up a foundation to serve the event proffessionally.

Thanks everyone
Old 07-08-2012, 10:32 PM

Thumbs up

Yes.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:01 PM

Grats Guys/Gals you make Alberta Proud.. Awesome Job

David
Old 07-08-2012, 11:21 PM

Id will be happy to do what I can, just plan a better lake so they can catch some fish Hows the ice fishing in Sundance?

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 07-08-2012, 11:40 PM

I'm in for the next one. Wasn't around for this one.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:13 AM

Thumbs up

Count me in too.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:17 PM

Where did the year go?

Volunteers are asking......when, where, what do you want me to DO?

Sponsors are saying Give me more Notice this year...We are IN!!!!!!!!!!!

Cant promise I will do a better job this year, all I can do is try.

So do we use this thread or start a new one?......Or do we use a different form of discussion?

Once again Thank You to everyone who helped last year, I hope the good Karma resulted in a epic open water season nthis year.