Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-26-2016, 12:49 PM

Default Any crown land around WMU 314 near sundre?

Hey all.
New to hunting the area around Sundre
Is there any crown land around 314 that can be hunted on??
Old 10-26-2016, 12:52 PM

Yes. But to describe it would not be as easy to understand as getting a map resource. Ihunter app on android or iphobe can give you what you are looking for
Old 10-26-2016, 12:59 PM

Yeah, I've been playing with the app all day and it is unbelievably glitchy. I can't zoom in on the map enough to make out towns or roadways. I've got the Crown land add-on but because of the glitch and lack of ability to zoom it is nearly impossible.
Not sure if I need to updated the app, or if it is just having issues in general. Normally I can zoom in so close that I can see vehicles on highways or on farms. Today, not even close.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Carnicero View Post
Yeah, I've been playing with the app all day and it is unbelievably glitchy. I can't zoom in on the map enough to make out towns or roadways. I've got the Crown land add-on but because of the glitch and lack of ability to zoom it is nearly impossible.
Not sure if I need to updated the app, or if it is just having issues in general. Normally I can zoom in so close that I can see vehicles on highways or on farms. Today, not even close.
You need good internet access to look at the high detail satellite maps. All those map layers are provided by 3rd parties anyways (Google, Apple, etc) so its not really iHunter being glitchy (if its a problem with the base map that is).
But the Crown land layer works without internet, so what are the problems you are seeing? Just give Mark at iHunter an email and he will sort it out.
Old 10-27-2016, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmac View Post
you need good internet access to look at the high detail satellite maps. All those map layers are provided by 3rd parties anyways (google, apple, etc) so its not really ihunter being glitchy (if its a problem with the base map that is).
But the crown land layer works without internet, so what are the problems you are seeing? Just give mark at ihunter an email and he will sort it out.
x2 on that! Mark is escellent to deal with and usually very quick to get a fix done. Just make sure you include the make and model of your phone.
Old 10-27-2016, 10:21 AM

Thanks guys.
I did an update of the app last night. appears that i hadn't updated my app in a while. that seemed to fix the situation and it seems to be working now.
Old 10-27-2016, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Works fine for me and everyone I know......
Old 10-27-2016, 02:34 PM

on a sidenote about ihunter app, if anyone is looking for meat processing supplies, CTR refrigeration at 48 av x 52 st se calgary give a sale if you show them the app on your phone. sometimes save more than the app costs.
Old 10-27-2016, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Hey all.
New to hunting the area around Sundre
Is there any crown land around 314 that can be hunted on??
Lots. shouldn't need an app for that.

Grizz