Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-22-2012, 04:14 PM
Banned

Default Justin Trudeau on Alberta...

Yikes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=vEyjgn6zD5Q

Anti-Alberta Trudeau interview reminds Canadians why the Liberals were voted out

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/...e-voted-out/#1
Old 11-22-2012, 04:22 PM

Apple-Tree
Old 11-22-2012, 04:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swifty View Post
Apple-Tree
Eh? did you steal the kutchie from Sundance?
Old 11-22-2012, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swifty View Post
Apple-Tree
It's not just Trudeau. It's the entire Liberal and NDP parties. An Albertan's job is to just do as we are told, shut up, and shovel money into the system... though after they get through with us and evil Oil we won't have the jobs to supply the money.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:32 PM

If that is the smart guy that is going to be leader, can you imagine how stupid peon liberals are?

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 11-22-2012, 04:37 PM

OMG! What a clown.

"From my cold dead hands!"
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Thomas Jefferson
"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often
and for the same reason." - Mark Twain
Old 11-22-2012, 04:49 PM

If the Liberals had any hope in gaining popularity in Alberta, they did a great job at it in that video. Only problem is it is more negative popularity.

Old 11-22-2012, 07:16 PM
Banned

He has a point about the prime ministers. After all the only pm Alberta ever gave us was Joe Who and wasnt he a dandy. I get so sick of this Alberta should seperate nonsense. Grow up you babies. You are Canadians. End of story. You moan and whine about Quebecers yet you sound exactly the same. Canada does not end at Thunder Bay as some down east may believe, nor does it end at Lloydminster.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nof60 View Post
He has a point about the prime ministers. After all the only pm Alberta ever gave us was Joe Who and wasnt he a dandy. I get so sick of this Alberta should seperate nonsense. Grow up you babies. You are Canadians. End of story. You moan and whine about Quebecers yet you sound exactly the same. Canada does not end at Thunder Bay as some down east may believe, nor does it end at Lloydminster.
You nailed it.

Yet the impact of that continues to elude many.

JT has had one good thing to say, that is, that the unity of Canada is an important issue.

I agree wholeheartedly with that idea, but I still don't like the worm.

Perhaps upper and lower Canada should have just left the west to the Spaniards, Russians, Americans and first peoples for all the thanks they are getting.

What a joke.

Don't forget it is treason.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
Perhaps upper and lower Canada should have just left the west to the Spaniards, Russians, Americans and first peoples for all the thanks they are getting.

What a joke.

Don't forget it is treason.
The Canadian Criminal Code, at §46, defines "treason" as:

"Every one commits treason who, in Canada, (a) uses force or violence for the purpose of overthrowing the government of Canada or a province; (b) without lawful authority, communicates or makes available to an agent of a state other than Canada, military or scientific information or any sketch, plan, model, article, note or document of a military or scientific character that he knows or ought to know may be used by that state for a purpose prejudicial to the safety or defence of Canada; (c) conspires with any person to commit high treason or to do anything mentioned in paragraph (a); (d) forms an intention to do anything that is high treason or that is mentioned in paragraph (a) and manifests that intention by an overt act; or (e) conspires with any person to do anything mentioned in paragraph (b) or forms an intention to do anything mentioned in paragraph (b) and manifests that intention by an overt act."

Since so many seem to be so willing to "stretch" the meaning of treason. Just thought everyone would like to know what it REALLY means.

And anything you think was ever owed to UPPER AND LOWER Canada by the west, we have more than paid back in spades. If anything is owed to anyone...it's to us.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
If anything is owed to anyone...it's to us.
I absolutely believe that you believe that.

Funny, AB has been blessed with as much opportunity as one could dream of, and it is still not enough.

No one owes you anything.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:53 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
I absolutely believe that you believe that.

Funny, AB has been blessed with as much opportunity as one could dream of, and it is still not enough.

No one owes you anything.

I agree no one is owed anything so stop all transfer payments and let the east earn there meal ticket!
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post

Since so many seem to be so willing to "stretch" the meaning of treason. Just thought everyone would like to know what it REALLY means.
The only stretch, is pretending that AB could separate without violence.

Your group is so small, special interest, and extremist, that you will never pass a referendum.

You can't even elect politicians significantly more central than your own ideologies.

So, any AB separatists care to elaborate on a MO for separation?

Pretty please?
Old 11-22-2012, 07:57 PM
Banned

Quote:

Your group is so small, special interest, and extremist, that you will never pass a referendum.

You can't even elect politicians significantly more central than your own ideologies.

Pretty please?
I've got an idea.

Trudeau For PM!!

I think an NEP II would about do it.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:07 PM
Banned

Quote:

Pretty please?
I will elaborate. You have not lived in Alberta very long, have you?

With all due respect your posts are nothing more than those of an eastern insider that one reads in liberal blogs.

If you think the people in Alberta are not concerned about separation, and living a better life then why do you even respond to these posts with such vitriolic hate.

Beeguy: Are you scared of what you see?
Old 11-22-2012, 07:44 PM

Justin can deliver the Trudeau salute just as well as his dad , he is just more direct at us. The only greatness he will serve will be as an organ donor.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:47 PM

I love the fact i work away from my family to earn a good wage with pension , pay a obsean amount of taxes to have a piece of $#@% tell me only people from the east should run the country. Wait i have an idea if everyone in the oil industry quit there jobs, stopped paying huge income tax and lived off the social tit of the federal government we would be able to run Canada for what maybe a couple months?
Old 11-23-2012, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda610 View Post
I love the fact i work away from my family to earn a good wage with pension , pay a obsean amount of taxes to have a piece of $#@% tell me only people from the east should run the country. Wait i have an idea if everyone in the oil industry quit there jobs, stopped paying huge income tax and lived off the social tit of the federal government we would be able to run Canada for what maybe a couple months?
I moved out to Calgary to attend University. I live and work here in Alberta. I work in oilsands construction. I see 15 bazillion people working up north and whining about being away from home and how bad Alberta is etc.

They sure do love the money that a 150K+ job for a tradesman provides. All the tax revenue off money earned in Alberta leaves this province. It is something I've never agreed with. I think that taxes should be paid where the money is earned, not where you reside. Funnily enough that would be cheaper for almost every individual tax payer, with the exception of the territories I believe.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:24 PM
Gone Hunting

"he will slink away into the anals."

I saw what you did there,

True.dat.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 11-23-2012, 12:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-in-Cochrane View Post
I moved out to Calgary to attend University. I live and work here in Alberta. I work in oilsands construction. I see 15 bazillion people working up north and whining about being away from home and how bad Alberta is etc.

They sure do love the money that a 150K+ job for a tradesman provides. All the tax revenue off money earned in Alberta leaves this province. It is something I've never agreed with. I think that taxes should be paid where the money is earned, not where you reside. Funnily enough that would be cheaper for almost every individual tax payer, with the exception of the territories I believe.
Dont you live in Canada?
Old 11-23-2012, 07:51 AM

I didn't even bother carefully reading any of the post here from the guys I usually do battle with because, on this thread anyway, I know I'm going to agree with them.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:13 AM

I find Justin Trudeau to be scary in that a successful run at the liberal lieadership means that my party is back to third-party status. It'll also mean a conservative minority at best.

It doesn't matter what he says about Alberta. Fact is, he's got more style than Stephen Harper and Mulcair, and he talks like a non-politico. That's going to be attractive for a voting public that is, lets face it, tired of the way we do politics. People aren't going to care too much about the issues unless they're really peeved about something.

Already, the Cons and NDP only did as well as they did last time around because people were angry at the Libs. If Justin can walk in and change the party's image, then they can really reset the landscape next time around.

Probably the only English-speaking, French-Canadian lefty greeniac in Montréal with a 2008 Winchester M70 in .270. Probably.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
I find Justin Trudeau to be scary in that a successful run at the liberal lieadership means that my party is back to third-party status. It'll also mean a conservative minority at best.

It doesn't matter what he says about Alberta. Fact is, he's got more style than Stephen Harper and Mulcair, and he talks like a non-politico. That's going to be attractive for a voting public that is, lets face it, tired of the way we do politics. People aren't going to care too much about the issues unless they're really peeved about something.

Already, the Cons and NDP only did as well as they did last time around because people were angry at the Libs. If Justin can walk in and change the party's image, then they can really reset the landscape next time around.
ROADKILL!!!!!! been hiding again my friend? Nice to see you back.

Trudeau, Mulcair, Liberals, NDP... same difference. All of them think and have actually said that Canada would be better off if Albertans were out of power and out of their jobs, unemployed. Not real Canadians, keep our dollar too high because they're successful, etc. If they said any of the same things about Quebec or even the Maritimes their political careers would be over.

Federal Liberals, Federal NDP, provincial leaders in Ontario, BC, Quebec... it seems like we've been under attack from our "fellow Canadians" for about a year or two now. And all we've ever done was shovel money their way. IF they want to fan separatist flames in a province other than Quebec, they're doing a good job.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:21 AM
Banned

Default Perspective

You will have to excuse me cause Im just a dumb Sask farm boy who has never been east of winnipeg but is the meaning of democracy not that the good of the many outweighs the good of the few or the good of the one. You do realize that Ont has 1.5 times the landmass and ove 3.5 times the population. Toronto alone holds over 70% of the population of all of AB. Quebec is well over twice the size of AB and 2.2 times the poulation.

And you think AB will ever have any real power in this country. Every election in this country ever has been the Libs election to lose. I have said it before many times, the cons dont win fed elections, the Libs lose them.

Not liking a situation is no reason to stick your head in the sand. Call your MP NOW and demand senate reform. Senate seats should be elected terms. And they should be regional. Say 10 seats for Ont and 10 for QB, 1 each for the atlantic provinces, 7 for each province and 1 for each territory. All problems solved and this is actually doable.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
You will have to excuse me cause Im just a dumb Sask farm boy who has never been east of winnipeg but is the meaning of democracy not that the good of the many outweighs the good of the few or the good of the one. You do realize that Ont has 1.5 times the landmass and ove 3.5 times the population. Toronto alone holds over 70% of the population of all of AB. Quebec is well over twice the size of AB and 2.2 times the poulation.

And you think AB will ever have any real power in this country. Every election in this country ever has been the Libs election to lose. I have said it before many times, the cons dont win fed elections, the Libs lose them.

Not liking a situation is no reason to stick your head in the sand. Call your MP NOW and demand senate reform. Senate seats should be elected terms. And they should be regional. Say 10 seats for Ont and 10 for QB, 1 each for the atlantic provinces, 7 for each province and 1 for each territory. All problems solved and this is actually doable.
I agree. That kind of senate would be a vast improvement over the House of Lords that we actually have.

Probably the only English-speaking, French-Canadian lefty greeniac in Montréal with a 2008 Winchester M70 in .270. Probably.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
is the meaning of democracy not that the good of the many outweighs the good of the few or the good of the one.
A) No, that is more the definition of collectivism.

B) No, that is a quote from a Star Trek movie.

"From my cold dead hands!"
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Thomas Jefferson
"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often
and for the same reason." - Mark Twain
Old 11-23-2012, 03:18 PM

What a surprise. Gotta remember, all our federal politicians spout one line when they're in Quebec, quite another when they want OUR vote.

Grizz
Old 11-23-2012, 05:37 PM

Just like his father.

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
IS this guy for real ??? WOW! more pink, fuzzy soup, coming from the mind of the unknowing.
Haha, oh boy upper and lower Canada, leaving us to the natives, Russians!

Too bad he is 100% serious.

I wouldn't have seen the post unless somebody replied to it. The ignore function will help you with him. I sure miss Eastcoast and Roadkill, at least they didn't make blood vessels in my eyes rupture.