Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-24-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCanuck View Post
He was lucky to get his mother's hair, too bad her brains were part of the deal!

Junior is an intellectual light weight in the extreme. His old man was an arrogant POS, but he had intellect.

The LPC is all but dead.
Perhaps you're right, but I'm more worried about the voter's intellect.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:49 PM
Gone Hunting

I wouldn't get too nervous. He has a couple years to keep stepping dans la merde.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 11-24-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
that there is funny.

I can only imagine how much it must be burning some folk to hear that the source of 100% of their economic success, was a gift from the liberals.
How many members have you on ignore by now. Add me to the list.

Last edited by BlackHeart; 11-24-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:39 PM

Pfffft. Bring on T2. Harper's machine has been ready for this for a long time now. Spoiled little feller probably has more skeletons in his closet than jeffery dahlmer and we'll soon learn of 'em all. I can't wait.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
Pfffft. Bring on T2. Harper's machine has been ready for this for a long time now. Spoiled little feller probably has more skeletons in his closet than jeffery dahlmer and we'll soon learn of 'em all. I can't wait.
Agreed, but will the media push this guy big time and down play the negatives? You bet they will.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
that there is funny.

I can only imagine how much it must be burning some folk to hear that the source of 100% of their economic success, was a gift from the liberals.
Wow. I didnt realize there were that many welfare recipients in Canada.

Good point
Old 11-24-2012, 02:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
He was lucky to get his mother's hair, too bad her brains were part of the deal!
I noticed during his fight with Brasseau that shiny pony had a good wide stance with his legs. I'm guessing he inherited that from his mother as well.

I'd still really like to hear him sing "Paint it Black"
Old 11-24-2012, 02:56 PM

Why do ao members get needlessly foamed up by the media? The media has no respect for the intelligence of their audience. Everyone knows justin trudeau is a buffoon including the media. I have news for the media and ao members jt will never be elected liberal leader
Old 11-24-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by score View Post
Perhaps you're right, but I'm more worried about the voter's intellect.
I think a lot of those prone to Trudeau-mania are not that likely to vote. Also with the NDP and LPC only too happy to snipe at each other, we have little to worry about in 2015.
Old 11-24-2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletcher View Post
Why do ao members get needlessly foamed up by the media? The media has no respect for the intelligence of their audience. Everyone knows justin trudeau is a buffoon including the media. I have news for the media and ao members jt will never be elected liberal leader
Yes but, can you guarantee that,if not we will all be on edge till his demise.
Old 11-24-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:
The media plays a huge role. Most people depend on them. Just take a gander to the South.
Old 11-24-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
I think a lot of those prone to Trudeau-mania are not that likely to vote. Also with the NDP and LPC only too happy to snipe at each other, we have little to worry about in 2015.
I hope you are right here but I don't think you are. The LPC needs a savior and that's him. I think the opposite. Many will vote for him, mostly the young and women. People in Canada have just been putting up with the Conservatives until the Libs are reborn. At least the east, and that's really all that matters unfortunately.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
I hope you are right here but I don't think you are. The LPC needs a savior and that's him. I think the opposite. Many will vote for him, mostly the young and women. People in Canada have just been putting up with the Conservatives until the Libs are reborn. At least the east, and that's really all that matters unfortunately.
As long as Canadians get reminded by the Joe Fontana's and the corruption that permeates Quebec, often with Liberals involved, they will remember how totally morally bereft of any values that skanky party was.

I do worry about 2020 though.... the Conservatives will be long in the tooth, and I wonder if not some aspect of entitlements will creep in with them. Who will lead them in that election? Kenney? McKay? Someone new? It will matter.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
As long as Canadians get reminded by the Joe Fontana's and the corruption that permeates Quebec, often with Liberals involved, they will remember how totally morally bereft of any values that skanky party was.

I do worry about 2020 though.... the Conservatives will be long in the tooth, and I wonder if not some aspect of entitlements will creep in with them. Who will lead them in that election? Kenney? McKay? Someone new? It will matter.
You can never tell what voters will do till its to late.Hence the Red Queen here in Alberta.and yes I think the media had a lot to do with it.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
I hope you are right here but I don't think you are. The LPC needs a savior and that's him. I think the opposite. Many will vote for him, mostly the young and women. People in Canada have just been putting up with the Conservatives until the Libs are reborn. "AT LEAST THE EAST" , and that's really all that matters unfortunately.
Maybe you should also look due south of you...............

"The Conservatives are hanging on to a slim lead in Calgary Centre because of vote-splitting on the centre and left, a new poll suggests"

For those that think the next election is in the bag, I hope, like me, you are sending money and support to the CPC.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:51 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
Keg River , I find it insulting that my family is accursed of "sucking on the teat of Ottawa".

I find this this to be an attack against me.
When and where did I ever accuse your parents of anything?
Old 11-24-2012, 05:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
When and where did I ever accuse your parents of anything?
I never did. The guy from S.E. B.C. did.

He used his post to look like you came after me.

Is this the same guy you gave a warning to me about.

He is very good.

Notice how he apologized to me,
Old 11-24-2012, 05:19 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
I never did. The guy from S.E. B.C. did.

He used his post to look like you came after me.

Is this the same guy you gave a warning to me about.

He is very good.

Notice how he apologized to me,
Mmmmmm Rather diabolical!
Old 11-24-2012, 05:27 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Maybe it's because we remember his dad. Mr. Trudough senior was a nobody till the media got paid to promote him.

I do agree that most ao members would not vote for junior but I'm not so sure about the general population, especially those in Ontarible and Qabec.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:30 PM

I find his his statement a little two faced. He did not mean to bad mouth the people of Alberta. just the Prime Minister from Alberta is not fit to govern but in his original statement he said that the best leaders of our country came from Quebec and he named a former consrvative prime minister. Still sounds to me if you are from Quebec you are one of the good guys and if you are from the west....well.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:18 PM

Yves Boisvert of Montreal’s La Presse said Quebecers would be outraged if another high-profile politician made similar statements about their own province.

“We can easily imagine the howls we’d make if a contender for the leadership of a federal party spoke in such generalizing terms about Quebecers,” Boisvert said in a column on the newspaper’s website.

Boisvert suggested that Trudeau supporters should “start to ask serious questions about the quality of his political judgment, and his judgment in general.”

A writer for the magazine L’Actualite, meanwhile, said the comments could hurt Trudeau for a long time to come as he tries to make inroads in Western Canada.

“In one fell swoop, this particular interview revives doubts shared by many in Western Canada about the federal Liberals,” Manon Cornellier said in a blog post.

“What should they believe? What Justin Trudeau said only two years ago or what he’s saying now, as he seeks their support in his bid for the Liberal Party of Canada.”

Quoted from the National Post today. Looks like Quebecers are starting to realize what kind of dolt they're dealing with in this flake.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:22 PM

Just say NO. We have a vote but does it matter much in the west? They found their star. I don't like the trends these days at all. Do we even have an alternative media in this country? Not that it helped much in the U.S. election. If Obama can get re-elected, I think we may have a problem here.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:52 PM

Old 11-24-2012, 08:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
Oh Dear Oh My
Old 11-24-2012, 08:21 PM
Gone Hunting

...and thats only 7 provinces, wonder where Ont. and the rest are....though, truthfully, from my understanding Ont. only became a "have not" in the last couple years, but for one province to get pretty much 50% is not right.....
Old 11-24-2012, 08:56 PM

Wow...and some clowns think Alberta has nothing to complain about because once upon a time we got a couple bucks through equalization? and that chart ends 8 years ago...Alberta has been paying in around 12 billion a year for how long?

12 620 661 884 when I posted this so far this year!

http://www.freealberta.com/transfer_payments.html

"From my cold dead hands!"
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Thomas Jefferson
"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often
and for the same reason." - Mark Twain
Old 11-24-2012, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutter87 View Post
Typical Eastern attitude towards Alberta. The whole lot of them can float off to sea!

Time to get a seperatist party here to secure our intrests!
OK OK OK! I am an Easterner and i am from Cape Breton Nova Scotia (That is east of Alberta) Been on this fourm for alot of years, i like to read the intresting treads, i have been hunting and fishing here in Alberta the whole time.

First of all i do not speak French, second of all you probally read the sub titles.. Are they the actuall words he is speaking?? Third of all i have been living in alberta for almost 20 years, i was posted here with the military, 5 years ago i retired here and had the choice to move back to the East. I opted not to because i love it here in Alberta, and no i do not work in the oil field.

I have heard thoes type of quotes before "Too many easterners you should go back to where you are from and find your own job" " you are only here to get EI". Been to alot of job interviews who the HR would ask me if i am only here for the money and am i going to go back home?? That kind of Quote p!!!!ss me off.
I Served 17 Years in the military and did 3 sh*tty tours over seas, Burried 5 good friends here in Alberta. I am proud of being Canadian and proud of being from Cape Breton, and i am proud to live in Alberta because i love it here.

Please don't paint all of us from back east with the same brush,, We must like something here if we decided to live in Alberta...

Thank you
Jason MacEachern
Old 11-24-2012, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
It would sure be nice if Suncor, CNRL et al, would outsource their billion dollars+ of manufacturing each year, to someplace other than down east....see what happens then......pretty tired of the tail wagging the dog.....
bahaha, cnrl used a chinese firm to build and engineer their uprgrader aswell as immigrant labour... Imperial used and is still using south korean labour then trucking mods up to kearl after shipping them to the USA.

Ontarios role in the oilsands is pretty much zilch unless you consider Ottawa soaks up the tax dollars from the corporate profits which are much larger because of albertas belly rub tax regime for heavy oil producers
Old 11-24-2012, 11:11 PM
Gone Hunting

Thanks WB, I just didn't feel up to doing the research, but I knew we weren't always in the top ten of contributors.

The way I see it, we do have reason to complain, but no reason to feel superior.

I don't mind paying a fair share. What I don't like is having to support a province that gets far more then a fair share.

I'm not real happy about supporting a government that wastes money either, and that includes the Redford government.

I try to be informed and reasonable in my opinions. admittedly I'm not that great at that, but I try. With that I realize that 99.9% of this issue has nothing to do with the citizens of any particular province. It is purely a political animal.

That is what makes Mr. Trudeau so dangerous. His ideology of entitlement and his political heritage make him a man to be feared.
Make no mistake, he WILL say anything he has to in order to get elected, but once in office he WILL do as he sees fit, just like all the rest have.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Oh Dear Oh My

$103.6 billion dollars paid by Alberta from '57 to 2005 !!!! (see correction below)

Holy smokes greylynx, I can see why you are worked up about the equalization payments. Thanks for posting the facts.

btw, what is the source for this data...Statistics Canada or the fed. dept. of Finance?

edit: doh. Should read paid to Quebec from 57 to 2005. That is an astounding amount given how well industrialized the province was and still is.
What was Alberta's and Ontario's contributions to this $103.6 billion to Quebec?

Last edited by twofifty; 11-24-2012 at 11:26 PM. Reason: doh